or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 679

post #10171 of 11031

Ta. Missed that. 

post #10172 of 11031

Does anyone know which of the two sets of images (found on their website) are the most representative for the Meermin dark brown oxfords, the first two or the second ones?

post #10173 of 11031
Second set
post #10174 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowzer View Post
 

All the best! Do report in how it goes, particularly delivery times to Oz. After reading all about it, now I'm not too sure about which last to go for (Hiro or Olfe) but the Olfe is looking to be the safer bet for those with small toes which get crushed more often than not!

As it happens, I got contacted by another user from Singapore and have just bought the double monks from him.  Once I check the size though, I'll grab a black pair direct from Meermin (oxfords or perhaps more double monks) and I'll let you know how postage goes.

post #10175 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0h15 View Post

Any experience how to size the Rui compared to the Hiro? I have the DMs in Hiro UK9 and I'm planning to get these Bluchers on the Rui last http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2342

Any help is highly appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Hiro 9UK
Mos 9UK
Rui 8.5UK

Thank you!

Anyone with similar experience? My DMs in UK 9 feel a bit narrow in the toe area and I'm afraid that Rui in 8.5 might be too small (especially as I don't own a single pair from any shoe company that is smaller than UK 9). Is it better to go safe and take a UK 9?
post #10176 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg1027 View Post
 

 

goo... that's right, I do remember hearing that now.  I feel like there should be different rules for re-ordering the same exact shoe as a previous Group MTO :).  But I guess Pepe has to go source the leather again and needs the buying power, huh?  To that I say they need some permanent LM shoes with Brown Museum Calf!

You no longer need 25 participants for Brown & Plum Museum Calf, six is sufficient. The following is from Pepe himself: "Regarding the museum calf, we are now taking smaller MTO orders on Dark brown & plum, since those are colour that we will be stocking. For other colors the minimum order still 25 participants."

post #10177 of 11031
I'm a huge fan of the company, ordered a few shoes and was getting ready to do an MTO, but I just received a pair of the Snuff Rappelo Suede http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2345

and after wearing them twice, yes, just two times, the sole is falling apart.

I contacted Luisa to see what we can do.



post #10178 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaters View Post
 

Does anyone know which of the two sets of images (found on their website) are the most representative for the Meermin dark brown oxfords, the first two or the second ones?

 

More like the darker ones.

post #10179 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2007 View Post

I'm a huge fan of the company, ordered a few shoes and was getting ready to do an MTO, but I just received a pair of the Snuff Rappelo Suede http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2345

and after wearing them twice, yes, just two times, the sole is falling apart.

I contacted Luisa to see what we can do.

 

Truthfully i am not sure what you are talking about. Those soles are leather they are going to looked roughed up after a few wears.

 

If the stiching came loose that is an issue. I would get a rubber toppy for like 20$ from a cobbler and that way you rarely have to resole anyway. Plus the rubber is very thin so it does not look bad and the rubber is very hardwearing. (I have been walking on concrete for 1.5 years 1-1.5 miles a day 3 times a week with a shoe that was toppied and it still looks basically new)

post #10180 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post

Truthfully i am not sure what you are talking about. Those soles are leather they are going to looked roughed up after a few wears.

If the stiching came loose that is an issue. I would get a rubber toppy for like 20$ from a cobbler and that way you rarely have to resole anyway. Plus the rubber is very thin so it does not look bad and the rubber is very hardwearing. (I have been walking on concrete for 1.5 years 1-1.5 miles a day 3 times a week with a shoe that was toppied and it still looks basically new)

The sole is splitting. It's an issue that happens relatively often with Meermin.
post #10181 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


The sole is splitting. It's an issue that happens relatively often with Meermin.

Does a sole split mean the welt stiching has been broken? (Does not look like above)

 

OR

 

Does Sole split mean that the sole just does not look like it is one solid piece anymore -- e.g. you can see the join in the leather? (Looks like above, because if that is it thats purely asthetic. and you can just wet the leather (water) and rub it on some smooth surface(glass/bone/plastic) to burnish the edge takes less than 5 min and then if you want put edge-coloring on it too)

post #10182 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post

Does a sole split mean the welt stiching has been broken? (Does not look like above)

OR

Does Sole split mean that the sole just does not look like it is one solid piece anymore -- e.g. you can see the join in the leather? (Looks like above, because if that is it thats purely asthetic. and you can just wet the leather (water) and rub it on some smooth surface(glass/bone/plastic) to burnish the edge takes less than 5 min and then if you want put edge-coloring on it too)

If I understand it correctly, it means that the stitching is loose, so the sole and the shoe come apart. You can see the stitches if you pull on the sole a bit with a sole split.

It's not entirely aesthetic, seen as the construction of your shoe is compromised a bit. However, since you walk on your sole you push it back in the shoe with every step, so your shoe won't break down because of a sole split. Nevertheless, it looks ugly and your shoe probably won't last as long as it would have.
post #10183 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


 

If that is true that sucks.

 

Some previous splits Ive seen have a physical gap. For the one posted I do not see one so this may be on of the better ones.

post #10184 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post

Truthfully i am not sure what you are talking about. Those soles are leather they are going to looked roughed up after a few wears.

If the stiching came loose that is an issue. I would get a rubber toppy for like 20$ from a cobbler and that way you rarely have to resole anyway. Plus the rubber is very thin so it does not look bad and the rubber is very hardwearing. (I have been walking on concrete for 1.5 years 1-1.5 miles a day 3 times a week with a shoe that was toppied and it still looks basically new)

The sole is splitting for sure. If I pull it apart a bit, I can tell it will come off easily. I mean I understand that it will happen in the future, but after 2 wears, maybe 1 hr first time and 2 hrs the second time? It's just not okay.
post #10185 of 11031

That's definitely a construction issue. Meermin should help you to find a resolution via a replacement. I hope the LM line has better construction QC unlike the Classic which started life in China and then finished in Spain. All the best. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes