or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Thick as Thieves ONLINE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thick as Thieves ONLINE - Page 277

post #4141 of 4217

Has anyone had a blazer made by TaT? First of all I suppose do they even let you buy a blazer? It would be rather silly for me to buy a "suit" with blazer stylings on the jacket and then never wear the pants. I'm also a bit concerned that the navy fabrics are too lightweight for a blazer, does anyone have an opinion on this? I'm considering the VBC #127.

 

I'm very thin (all 36 RTW jackets are at least an inch too wide in the chest) so if I can get a decent fabric for a blazer TaT seems like a very good option for me.


Edited by diophan - 8/4/12 at 4:17pm
post #4142 of 4217
TaT does do blazers. Just send Jason an e-mail describing what you want and he will make suggestions.
post #4143 of 4217
Quote:
Originally Posted by diophan View Post

Has anyone had a blazer made by TaT? First of all I suppose do they even let you buy a blazer? It would be rather silly for me to buy a "suit" with blazer stylings on the jacket and then never wear the pants. I'm also a bit concerned that the navy fabrics are too lightweight for a blazer, does anyone have an opinion on this? I'm considering the VBC #127.

I'm very thin (all 36 RTW jackets are at least an inch too wide in the chest) so if I can get a decent fabric for a blazer TaT seems like a very good option for me.

Blazer is made typically with a similar cloth as a "city" suit, except with metal / brass/ MOP buttons.

Sportcoats (which is what you may be after) are made with more robust fabrics, typically with a pattern or visible texture (like herringbone or houndstooth).

That being said, TaT can do both
post #4144 of 4217
Any pictures of the Sage Tweed? I'm thinking about getting a SC. However, the pictures on the website make it look very dark green when the fabric swatch looks much more green.

http://thickasthieveslookbook.blogspot.com/search?q=sage

Fabric: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6a8z-svcyuY/TnFNjq2o9NI/AAAAAAAAA3U/7awwDhnQ-e8/s1600/JH-tweed.jpg
post #4145 of 4217
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavisJK View Post

Any pictures of the Sage Tweed? I'm thinking about getting a SC. However, the pictures on the website make it look very dark green when the fabric swatch looks much more green.
http://thickasthieveslookbook.blogspot.com/search?q=sage
Fabric: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6a8z-svcyuY/TnFNjq2o9NI/AAAAAAAAA3U/7awwDhnQ-e8/s1600/JH-tweed.jpg
The picture of Jason wearing the trousers is pretty accurate IMO. It's a nice shade of green for fall/winter. It's not as bright as Ninja Turtle green. I have a pair, but haven't worn it yet.
tumblr_m8yi4m1cSf1rux7jzo1_500.jpg
post #4146 of 4217
just got my tat suit. anyone have any good recommendations for good suit hangers and garment bags?
post #4147 of 4217
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

The picture of Jason wearing the trousers is pretty accurate IMO. It's a nice shade of green for fall/winter. It's not as bright as Ninja Turtle green. I have a pair, but haven't worn it yet.
tumblr_m8yi4m1cSf1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

Thanks for your post. I guess I'm really looking for something that's a little more green though.
post #4148 of 4217

TaT suits don't typically have shoulder padding, right?  Has that been a problem for anyone?  I'm not a particularly 'chiseled' specimen, so wondering how a jacket w/out padding is going to end up looking.  What experiences have you all had?  Thanks, -Eric

post #4149 of 4217
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpjumperE View Post

TaT suits don't typically have shoulder padding, right?  Has that been a problem for anyone?  I'm not a particularly 'chiseled' specimen, so wondering how a jacket w/out padding is going to end up looking.  What experiences have you all had?  Thanks, -Eric
As of 2012, all jackets come with minimal padding. No padding can be accommodated on request.
post #4150 of 4217

wj4,thanks for the info.. I thought it was opposite (comes w/out padding, light padding can be added upon request)  -E

post #4151 of 4217
G'Day Jason.

Just curious if you could add elbow and shoulder patches to a tweed sport coat? I've had a strange desire for an English country shooting jacket, but in a more TaT style/cut. Something like this:

post #4152 of 4217
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpjumperE View Post

wj4,thanks for the info.. I thought it was opposite (comes w/out padding, light padding can be added upon request)  -E
No, wj4 is correct. It's minimal padding cause shoulder wrinklage was a common problem Jason was getting. You can request no padding though.
post #4153 of 4217

That's it!  I've read enough, I'm going to order me a TaT suit.  I don't wear suits all the time (my work environment is actually kind of casual so not much opportunity to wear there), so I only have two suits currently that I've gotten pretty dialed in: a charcoal pindot that actually looks medium-ish gray to me, and a blue suit (not navy... it's blue enough that it's not confused with black like a lot of navy suits can be).

 

Any recommendations for material/color?  I'm looking for a cool 'fun' suit that will also fit in occasionally at my fairly casual office... sporting around town, hitting a nice bar and having good conversation, or just when I feel like looking sharp.

 

A darker true charcoal?  Black?  Something totally different??

 

I'm 5'6" and 150 pounds for whatever that's worth.  I'm thinking I definitely want 2-button house cut.

post #4154 of 4217
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk317 View Post

No, wj4 is correct. It's minimal padding cause shoulder wrinklage was a common problem Jason was getting. You can request no padding though.
Yes. All suits in 2012 have minimal padding as a default. Suits from 2011 and older did not have padding as a default.

RE: Elbow patches, I asked Jason that before and he said it's not an aesthetic he is going after.
post #4155 of 4217
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpjumperE View Post

That's it!  I've read enough, I'm going to order me a TaT suit.  I don't wear suits all the time (my work environment is actually kind of casual so not much opportunity to wear there), so I only have two suits currently that I've gotten pretty dialed in: a charcoal pindot that actually looks medium-ish gray to me, and a blue suit (not navy... it's blue enough that it's not confused with black like a lot of navy suits can be).

Any recommendations for material/color?  I'm looking for a cool 'fun' suit that will also fit in occasionally at my fairly casual office... sporting around town, hitting a nice bar and having good conversation, or just when I feel like looking sharp.

A darker true charcoal?  Black?  Something totally different??

I'm 5'6" and 150 pounds for whatever that's worth.  I'm thinking I definitely want 2-button house cut.

In my opinion, you want something like a sharkskin, in a petrol blue, kinda like this:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Thick as Thieves ONLINE