or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Thick as Thieves ONLINE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thick as Thieves ONLINE - Page 274

post #4096 of 4213
Yes, jacket is part of a Thick as Thieves suit.
post #4097 of 4213
What fabric is this? Looks nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

^TaT jackets are fully canvassed.
Jacket is part of the a suit:
tumblr_m4n0sqjtLA1rux7jzo5_1280.jpg
tumblr_m4n0sqjtLA1rux7jzo7_1280.jpg
tumblr_m4n0sqjtLA1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg
post #4098 of 4213
post #4099 of 4213
Jacket is navy #C I believe, also part of a suit.
tumblr_m4otbhZyJa1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_m4otbhZyJa1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m4otbhZyJa1rux7jzo5_1280.jpg
post #4100 of 4213

Does anyone have pictures of a suit in the Light Grey #19 or the Prince of Wales #52?

Here are the fabric images from the tat site:

#19:       http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_n-lCcZxYYQg/Saa7LBp1gCI/AAAAAAAAAd8/PISNx73daCs/s1600-h/RTW-spring-summer.jpg

#52:       http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n-lCcZxYYQg/Sg8Ez5teR5I/AAAAAAAAAfI/ZHxeVWAQbik/s1600-h/Prince-of-Wales.jpg

 

 

I am wanting a light grey suit for my wedding, but it's really hard to tell what those colors will look like when it's all put together. I'd really like a TaT suit, but I'm not sure I want to risk it without seeing the full picture first.

Thanks for the help!

post #4101 of 4213
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybirthdaysuit View Post

Does anyone have pictures of a suit in the Light Grey #19 or the Prince of Wales #52?
Here are the fabric images from the tat site:
#19:       http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_n-lCcZxYYQg/Saa7LBp1gCI/AAAAAAAAAd8/PISNx73daCs/s1600-h/RTW-spring-summer.jpg
#52:       http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n-lCcZxYYQg/Sg8Ez5teR5I/AAAAAAAAAfI/ZHxeVWAQbik/s1600-h/Prince-of-Wales.jpg


I am wanting a light grey suit for my wedding, but it's really hard to tell what those colors will look like when it's all put together. I'd really like a TaT suit, but I'm not sure I want to risk it without seeing the full picture first.
Thanks for the help!
Here is PoW $52. The pattern is really hard to see from a distance.
900x900px-LL-8af109af_vr3682.jpg
900x900px-LL-ff6c5ea1_167qzdi.jpg
post #4102 of 4213

Awesome, thanks for the pictures! I like how it looks, but it seems like it might be too dark to match my fiance's dress color very well. I'm gonna have to think about this and look at some more of the fabrics.

 

Anyone know what fabric is on this one?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n-lCcZxYYQg/St6ILSVKsLI/AAAAAAAAAps/E9hQfnqanWk/s1600-h/James+Park+1.jpg

 

On the TaT site it says PoW #52(light grey shade), but the #52 is a medium grey, so I'm confused.

post #4103 of 4213
Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimetimetime View Post

got my suit like 2ish weeks ago and i wore it to my graduation today
533

 

Which fabric is this? Looks great!

post #4104 of 4213
Hey Guys,
Just got my second TaT suit. this one is the taupe PoW (#65). I feel the suit fits better than the pictures show though. Its really hard to find enough space to take a properly level picture with one person in a tiny apartment biggrin.gif. Having said that I fell that the jacket could have a bit more waist suppression. let me know what you all think!

197
197197
post #4105 of 4213
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercitynyc View Post

I am no expert, but I would bet that (a) it's only half-canvassed, with canvass in the chest piece but not extending all the way under the collar area / through to the lapel OR (b) there's simply too much excess fabric there where it shouldn't be.

Almost similar to the reason the top of a shoulder will divot....because it doesn't have enough width of the fabric to properly drape over the shoulder (this being the opposite case).

However, I defer to the true sartorial experts.

TaT is fully canvassed. It's either a. Bad measurements or b. The jacket's shoulder structure is not a good one for the wearer. I have 5 jackets from TaT and none has this issue.
post #4106 of 4213
Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimetimetime View Post

got my suit like 2ish weeks ago and i wore it to my graduation today
533

Something is definitely wrong with the shoulder area. You should show this to Jason. Maybe take a better picture.

On another note, if you have not already noticed. your tie, at least with standard width, should have a dimple.
post #4107 of 4213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssantan2 View Post

Hey Guys,
Just got my second TaT suit. this one is the taupe PoW (#65). I feel the suit fits better than the pictures show though. Its really hard to find enough space to take a properly level picture with one person in a tiny apartment biggrin.gif. Having said that I fell that the jacket could have a bit more waist suppression. let me know what you all think!
197
197197

the sleeves are pinching from the back. A competent tailor should be able to rotate the sleeves and fix that.
post #4108 of 4213
why wont jason answer my email. ffffuuuu.gif
post #4109 of 4213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereis View Post

+1 for attention to detail
Got the VBC127 for work.
Any pics?
post #4110 of 4213

Anyone know what Jason's policy is on who pays for alterations after receiving the suit? He took my measurements in person and I just received the suit and had it pressed. Overall I'm impressed with the quality for the price - but as for the fit fit there are some issues.  There is excess material in the chest, the hips of the pants and the jacket are too wide, there is pressure on the back of my neck and there needs to be more waist suppression.

 

I'm not sweating it for a first-run MTM experience with him, but his website isn't clear on the policy of:

 

A - how close to "perfect fit" the suit is supposed to be if he does the measuring himself in person

B - who gets to pay for alterations.

 

Just wanted some info before I go bugging him via e-mail - he seems very busy and this isn't his full time job.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Thick as Thieves ONLINE