or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 61

post #901 of 4102
What about a Dark Green Shell PTB on Forest for spring? Who'd be down for something like that, could dress it up with blind eyelets and a flat welt with leather sole or go casual brass eyelets and that Danite sole...I'd be down for that in a heartbeat.
post #902 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

I'm happy to see that they are doing so well. I was concerned since I didn't see much fan-fare regarding the scotch-grain boot.
I'm beginning to think about a spring/summer style...maybe the Carmina Burnished green loafer? When would be have to order for the shoe to be delivered in early April?
234

Oh we have plenty of time. We could place that order in early Jan for delivery in April. I'll probably start introducing Spring styles in late October though, so that we can get delivery in February and start out the season.

I have a TON of photos from the factory - including some styles and leathers that you've never seen before. We have a lot of great possibilities. Once I get back, I'll go through everything and post it up for consideration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

With full credit given to The Armoury:
525
These are nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Any chance we could do this in saddle shell? I have the almost identical version in Alden's tan suede and its my fave summer shoe. In saddle shell, this could be my go to fall/spring shoe.

YES! I actually shot this style in shell while I was there. The difference in shell is that (1) there's no split toe but (2) the moc toe is chunky and handsewn - like it's done on shell indy boots. It's awesome. We can actually do that handstitch on calfskin or chromexcel too.

Also, I shot some photos of "Ruby" shell cordovan too. It's a gorgeous shade and quite wearable IMO. It doesn't make up too red, and looks more like a lighter, saturated Color 8. It's gorgeous, and would look great in this style. Pretty rare color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Yes, I had sort of thought saddle shell as well. Though I do love this suede version, and I suppose if I do, I should just buy it from The Armoury...

Agreed, that one is great. If you guys are into a more off-kilter suede color like grey, forest green, navy, etc. we could do that.

With respect to the Armoury, I'd rather not make up one of their stock shoes as an MTO project. I would absolutely advise anyone interested in these shoes to get them from the Armoury, they're great people.
post #903 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

I have a TON of photos from the factory - including some styles and leathers that you've never seen before. We have a lot of great possibilities. Once I get back, I'll go through everything and post it up for consideration.

<---this kid is banging on the candy store door, ready to break it down!
post #904 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

<---this kid is banging on the candy store door, ready to break it down!

Haha!

We also shot about 45 minutes of video. I have no idea how the hell I'm going to edit it down, but you guys will be amazed.

The entire Carmina operation is extremely small and very precise. About 45 people crank out around 100-120 shoes each day. It's really incredible to see the amount of handwork that goes into each piece. And how versatile and skilled each employee is. I've done a lot of factory tours in my time, but this one really blew my mind. We'll grind all of this out ASAP.
post #905 of 4102
Yes, agree that the lace up would look great in shell. This ruby sounds nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


YES! I actually shot this style in shell while I was there. The difference in shell is that (1) there's no split toe but (2) the moc toe is chunky and handsewn - like it's done on shell indy boots. It's awesome. We can actually do that handstitch on calfskin or chromexcel too.
Also, I shot some photos of "Ruby" shell cordovan too. It's a gorgeous shade and quite wearable IMO. It doesn't make up too red, and looks more like a lighter, saturated Color 8. It's gorgeous, and would look great in this style. Pretty rare color.
Agreed, that one is great. If you guys are into a more off-kilter suede color like grey, forest green, navy, etc. we could do that.
post #906 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

YES! I actually shot this style in shell while I was there. The difference in shell is that (1) there's no split toe but (2) the moc toe is chunky and handsewn - like it's done on shell indy boots. It's awesome. We can actually do that handstitch on calfskin or chromexcel too.
Also, I shot some photos of "Ruby" shell cordovan too. It's a gorgeous shade and quite wearable IMO. It doesn't make up too red, and looks more like a lighter, saturated Color 8. It's gorgeous, and would look great in this style. Pretty rare color.
Agreed, that one is great. If you guys are into a more off-kilter suede color like grey, forest green, navy, etc. we could do that.
With respect to the Armoury, I'd rather not make up one of their stock shoes as an MTO project. I would absolutely advise anyone interested in these shoes to get them from the Armoury, they're great people.

Mike, sounds like you have big things in store for us.

I am actually a big fan of the subtle split toe, so I would be most interested in a suede style in navy or grey actually. They both sound great though and would definitely be something different.
post #907 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Oh we have plenty of time. We could place that order in early Jan for delivery in April. I'll probably start introducing Spring styles in late October though, so that we can get delivery in February and start out the season.
I have a TON of photos from the factory - including some styles and leathers that you've never seen before. We have a lot of great possibilities. Once I get back, I'll go through everything and post it up for consideration.
YES! I actually shot this style in shell while I was there. The difference in shell is that (1) there's no split toe but (2) the moc toe is chunky and handsewn - like it's done on shell indy boots. It's awesome. We can actually do that handstitch on calfskin or chromexcel too.
Also, I shot some photos of "Ruby" shell cordovan too. It's a gorgeous shade and quite wearable IMO. It doesn't make up too red, and looks more like a lighter, saturated Color 8. It's gorgeous, and would look great in this style. Pretty rare color.
Agreed, that one is great. If you guys are into a more off-kilter suede color like grey, forest green, navy, etc. we could do that.
With respect to the Armoury, I'd rather not make up one of their stock shoes as an MTO project. I would absolutely advise anyone interested in these shoes to get them from the Armoury, they're great people.

Completely agree: Pointless and not really cricket to MTO a shoe already stocked. Very interested to see these in shell. Also intrigued by the ruby color. Can't wait to see all the photos.
post #908 of 4102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

<---this kid is banging on the candy store door, ready to break it down!

+1,000. I want my mind to be blown by some ridiculous, off the wall (yet wearable), rare shell shoe/boot
post #909 of 4102
Anyone buying the python brogues? I really want to pull the trigger, but I don't think I have the balls.
post #910 of 4102
Seriously considering the Python.
post #911 of 4102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Seriously considering the Python.

you party way to hard for me, man
post #912 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

you party way to hard for me, man

Andrew WK ova here...
post #913 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

What about a Dark Green Shell PTB on Forest for spring? Who'd be down for something like that, could dress it up with blind eyelets and a flat welt with leather sole or go casual brass eyelets and that Danite sole...I'd be down for that in a heartbeat.

A green shell ptb, it would certainly stick out from the alden's. Call me an interested party.
post #914 of 4102
Okay, I've got a bunch of photos to run through, but let's start with something easy for tonight. May I present our Salinger Double Monks in Burgundy (Color 8) shell cordovan. They're all finished and ready to ship in about a week. Carmina finishes the color a bit lighter than Alden, so it really comes through.

The white balance in these shots is a little wonky due to the diffused window light mixed with overhead indoor lighting, but they're a true, beautiful burgundy tone in real life.

500

700

500
post #915 of 4102
And here's a few more...

First off, this is our Cognac Shell Single Monk on the Rain last. It's being generously modeled by Antonio. ETA is early October.

500

Next up, I want to show you guys Ruby Shell. I think that this color is KILLER in person. Carmina finishes it darker than most shoemakers, and it kind of looks like a very sun-faded Color 8. It's really beautiful. In these shots you can compare Burgundy on the left, Ruby on the right. This would make for a great Spring makeup shoe.

500

500

And check out this model - it's a recent design for Carmina. A Wholecut Brogue. How do you guys like it?

500

500
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO