or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 60

post #886 of 4103
525

What kind of pants would you guys wear with the Scotch grain boot? Since I no longer have to wear a tie to work, I was thinking flannel pants and sweater for fall/winter. What about jeans?
post #887 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

525
What kind of pants would you guys wear with the Scotch grain boot? Since I no longer have to wear a tie to work, I was thinking flannel pants and sweater for fall/winter. What about jeans?

shorts bro
post #888 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


shorts bro


Nantucket red shorts or bust. But in all seriousness I'm going to wear them with charcoal/grey wool trousers and selvedge RRL officer chinos in Fall.

post #889 of 4103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post


Nantucket red shorts or bust. But in all seriousness I'm going to wear them with charcoal/grey wool trousers and selvedge RRL officer chinos in Fall.

err day
post #890 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

But in all seriousness I'm going to wear them with charcoal/grey wool trousers and selvedge RRL officer chinos in Fall.

Denim and moleskin are also going to look really boss with these. We'll have a huge lineup of tweed trousers in the Fall which will also jive nicely.
post #891 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Yes, going for the same size would be the scenario for most of our customers. The Inca is one of the widest lasts that Carmina uses, but if you can fit the Robert comfortably, then the Forest should be right-on in the same size.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'll just get my usual size then.

I actually made a mistake, I have shoes in the Rain, not the Robert, Last.
Edited by Artking3 - 7/5/12 at 9:46am
post #892 of 4103
Mike - I went to pay the deposit for the Special Order Black Scotchgrain Bal Boot and there's no 8.5UK/US9.5 size option. Suggestion?
post #893 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Mike - I went to pay the deposit for the Special Order Black Scotchgrain Bal Boot and there's no 8.5UK/US9.5 size option. Suggestion?

 

The stock that we had loaded in the site for that size had all been ordered. I added more inventory, so it should be good to go!

post #894 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftofthedial View Post

The stock that we had loaded in the site for that size had all been ordered. I added more inventory, so it should be good to go!

Thank you!

Wow...didn't realize that many people were interested in this boot...how many orders so far?
post #895 of 4103

What do you usually wear the Sinclair Saddle Shell Shortwing* boots with? Anything up to a suit?

 

Sadly, I haven't worn my pair nearly as much as I should have. They're real beauties.

 

Also, rereading the description, what does "Saddle is a bit darker and paler than Whiskey" mean? How can they be darker and paler?

 

 

*I'm just referring to them as the SSSS boots from now on! smile.gif

post #896 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artking3 View Post

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'll just get my usual size then.
I actually made a mistake, I have shoes in the Rain, not the Robert, Last.

Oh okay. Rain and Robert are pretty close, so I'd still advise the same on sizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Thank you!
Wow...didn't realize that many people were interested in this boot...how many orders so far?

The two bal boots are doing really well - I think about 16 units per style have already been ordered. We hit the minimum a while ago. Lots of guys have been ordering their size in both styles. They're going to be impossibly ace when they get delivered - we're really looking forward to it! Huge thanks to everyone for floating the ideas and participating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

What do you usually wear the Sinclair Saddle Shell Shortwing* boots with? Anything up to a suit?

Sadly, I haven't worn my pair nearly as much as I should have. They're real beauties.

Also, rereading the description, what does "Saddle is a bit darker and paler than Whiskey" mean? How can they be darker and paler?


*I'm just referring to them as the SSSS boots from now on! smile.gif

Sure, they look great with suits - especially a navy suit. With the flat welt and blind eyelets, they look like dress shoes when covered by a trouser, so I think that they work well with any kind of dressed-up looks. They're also great with chinos (especially navy, olive, and grey tones) and denim.

For saddle shell, I'd say that it makes up a bit darker than Whiskey (more khaki, less butterscotch) and the color is paler and less saturated (more tan, less yellow). It varies quite a bit from batch to batch though, and both colors of shell darken significantly with age. After a year of wear, it's very hard to tell the difference between Saddle and Whiskey.
post #897 of 4103
I'm happy to see that they are doing so well. I was concerned since I didn't see much fan-fare regarding the scotch-grain boot.

I'm beginning to think about a spring/summer style...maybe the Carmina Burnished green loafer? When would be have to order for the shoe to be delivered in early April?

234
post #898 of 4103
With full credit given to The Armoury:

525

These are nice.
post #899 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

With full credit given to The Armoury:
525
These are nice.

Any chance we could do this in saddle shell? I have the almost identical version in Alden's tan suede and its my fave summer shoe. In saddle shell, this could be my go to fall/spring shoe.
post #900 of 4103
Yes, I had sort of thought saddle shell as well. Though I do love this suede version, and I suppose if I do, I should just buy it from The Armoury...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO