or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 37

post #541 of 4103
Mike...a little of topic but do you guys plan to sell a Carmina black loafer in the Simpson last this spring?
post #542 of 4103
Hey Guys!

OK, the Bal Boot preorder is active and online!

300
Carmina for Epaulet Special Order Chestnut Shell Bal Boot DEPOSIT: $500

Couple of details:

1. The main picture shows the boot in Color #8, but we're making it in Chestnut. Other than that, it will largely look like the boot pictured.
2. Retail is fixed and confirmed at $1000. I'll take care of the Carmina shoe tree price and they'll be included at no extra charge.
3. Turnaround time will be good on these. The leather's available so we can be confident of a late May delivery, barring any unforseen circumstances. Carmina's really into these projects, and the Austerity Brogues are already fully cut and in-work now.
4. The boot will be on the Forest last. If you need a wide, just PM me and I'll add your size in. The Forest last has a very comfortable toebox and an excellent fit.
4. Some guys were concerned about the Dainite combo "York" sole looking too casual. I shot a sample of this sole on a boot today, and I don't think you need to worry about it. Check out the pics below. When the shoes are worn, it looks like a beefy leather sole. The color matches the antique edge trim very nicely IMO. From what Carmina tells me, this sole is extremely comfortable and long wearing. I think that it will compliment this makeup brilliantly.

233
233
233
post #543 of 4103
was so excited until I saw dainite sole - as only four orders are needed to submit a shoe, possible to add a pre-order for a leather sole and see how it shakes out? I will commit to a leather sole, but can't go dainite.
post #544 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbryant View Post

was so excited until I saw dainite sole - as only four orders are needed to submit a shoe, possible to add a pre-order for a leather sole and see how it shakes out? I will commit to a leather sole, but can't go dainite.


Oh come on if you're willing to spend $1000 on a pair of boots spend a couple more bucks to have a cobbler change out the dainite for a leather sole.

post #545 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post



Oh come on if you're willing to spend $1000 on a pair of boots spend a couple more bucks to have a cobbler change out the dainite for a leather sole.

This is not a good idea. You can reasonably expect to have 2 resoles for a shoe and you want to waste one of those resoling a brand new pair of shoes?

And they cost $1000. The buyer should be 100% satisfied with his shoes.
post #546 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

42b0deec_photo-1.jpeg


Really quick shot from my phone, here are the above saddle shell boots as of this morning (they should be more saturated than this, but I messed up the processing):

 

My boots

post #547 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbryant View Post

was so excited until I saw dainite sole - as only four orders are needed to submit a shoe, possible to add a pre-order for a leather sole and see how it shakes out? I will commit to a leather sole, but can't go dainite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artking3 View Post

This is not a good idea. You can reasonably expect to have 2 resoles for a shoe and you want to waste one of those resoling a brand new pair of shoes?
And they cost $1000. The buyer should be 100% satisfied with his shoes.

Hey guys,

Well, I built out the Bal Boot with the Dainite York sole as that's what most people voted for. But, I can check with Carmina - if all of the other details stay the same we may be able to offer both the York sole and the Leather sole in the same run. It's a pretty minor difference.

Can I get a rough idea of how many guys realistically want to order this now? I know that it's an expensive piece and getting a large shell boot in late May doesn't leave a lot of time for in-season wearing. It may be better for us to wait until the Austerity brogue is delivered, and then try to run two makeup projects in late April: both the Shell Bal Boot and the Shell Jodphur boot. We sold about 20 Austerity Brogues - many of which went to first-time Carmina buyers, so they'll be a larger block of guys comfortable with their sizing after the first run is received. We don't have to rush on these.
post #548 of 4103
^ me being a first time Carmina buyer is exactly why i'm not jumping into the Shell boot right now nor did I vote for a makeup. I think a lot of people are in the same boat.
post #549 of 4103
SADDLE, SADDLE, SADDLE!
post #550 of 4103
I'm all for the bal boot as it's listed except for the dainite sole. I'm not a fan of it, but if the decision were the chestnut bal boot with the dainite sole or nothing, I'll live with the sole.
post #551 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungapa View Post

SADDLE, SADDLE, SADDLE!

Yep.
post #552 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Hey guys,
Well, I built out the Bal Boot with the Dainite York sole as that's what most people voted for. But, I can check with Carmina - if all of the other details stay the same we may be able to offer both the York sole and the Leather sole in the same run. It's a pretty minor difference.
Can I get a rough idea of how many guys realistically want to order this now? I know that it's an expensive piece and getting a large shell boot in late May doesn't leave a lot of time for in-season wearing. It may be better for us to wait until the Austerity brogue is delivered, and then try to run two makeup projects in late April: both the Shell Bal Boot and the Shell Jodphur boot. We sold about 20 Austerity Brogues - many of which went to first-time Carmina buyers, so they'll be a larger block of guys comfortable with their sizing after the first run is received. We don't have to rush on these.

I could get in on these in a few months after the Brogues come in. Well, maybe these or or the two tone suede bal boots. I'll be getting one or the other.
post #553 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

I could get in on these in a few months after the Brogues come in. Well, maybe these or or the two tone suede bal boots. I'll be getting one or the other.

same, but first want to make sure I'm not ordering 2 of the wrong size.
post #554 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcarn View Post

same, but first want to make sure I'm not ordering 2 of the wrong size.

When are the brogues suppose to come in? I think I saw "Spring" but didn't see anything more specific.
post #555 of 4103

Aw, what the hell, I'm in. You only live once, right? Might as well wear damn fine boots.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO