Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Madrid and Barcelona Last post on 7/27/14 at 12:24pm in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Final Cut. Carmina Suede Chukka - New with Hand Made Trees - 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WTT: CARMINA SUEDE CHUKKA 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 9/6/13 at 4:53pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 268
Styleforum Top Picks
I'd like a boat shoe-ish loafer with done in grey/bluish suede with a crepe or rubber sole. I don't a tassle or penny one though.
It got me really excited for this is such a beauty that I have not come across for a long time. Am wondering if Epaulet has stock for this or through MTO only? Anyone wanna revive this MTO or selling?
Leathefoot has a pair not exactly like these but close
Thanks saw that before but am looking at cap toe design which set it apart....
^ I know from experience that it is hard, if not impossible, to get replacement laces from Carmina/Epaulet. I switched out the Carmina laces for Alden's flat waxed laces and was happy -- they do not tear nearly as quickly (though they will eventually wear down). Agree that the laces are not well suited to those super-sharp speed hooks.
Sadly, I know that it's not an either/or issue with the laces and speed hooks as I've had breakage problems with shoes as well. That said, there is a synergistic effect on boots with speed hooks that make things even worse.
For what it's worth, I've asked Mike (Epaulet) and Steve (GF) to both put pressure on Carmina to make improvements in this area.
Lastly, I agree with the others, Alden boot laces are excellent in both looks and durability.
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 seconds ago
- › (1) Ermenegildo Zegna & (2) Baroni Prive Suits 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › Oliver Spencer Portland Jacket Grey size 38 - NWT 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Black and blue for the fall. 13 minutes ago
- › Perfect Ermenegildo Zegna Fatto a Mano size 42 EU, 8 UK Oxford 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)