Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 7 Last post on 9/7/14 at 7:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Madrid and Barcelona Last post on 9/4/14 at 7:36pm in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Final Cut. Carmina Suede Chukka - New with Hand Made Trees - 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 268
Styleforum Top Picks
I'd like a boat shoe-ish loafer with done in grey/bluish suede with a crepe or rubber sole. I don't a tassle or penny one though.
It got me really excited for this is such a beauty that I have not come across for a long time. Am wondering if Epaulet has stock for this or through MTO only? Anyone wanna revive this MTO or selling?
Leathefoot has a pair not exactly like these but close
Thanks saw that before but am looking at cap toe design which set it apart....
^ I know from experience that it is hard, if not impossible, to get replacement laces from Carmina/Epaulet. I switched out the Carmina laces for Alden's flat waxed laces and was happy -- they do not tear nearly as quickly (though they will eventually wear down). Agree that the laces are not well suited to those super-sharp speed hooks.
Sadly, I know that it's not an either/or issue with the laces and speed hooks as I've had breakage problems with shoes as well. That said, there is a synergistic effect on boots with speed hooks that make things even worse.
For what it's worth, I've asked Mike (Epaulet) and Steve (GF) to both put pressure on Carmina to make improvements in this area.
Lastly, I agree with the others, Alden boot laces are excellent in both looks and durability.
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Styleforum Top Picks
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 28 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 51 seconds ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › new job, new wardrobe - advice needed 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)