or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 245

post #3661 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post

^ Yeah, sorry, just to back up -- what is dark cognac? Is it just cognac shell with antiquing, or a totally separate shade? I haven't heard of it either. Sounds intriguing though.

The flat welt is just really versatile. Carmina's lasts, in the grand scheme of shoes, are fairly sleek, and especially with shell I think the flat welt is the way to go.

+1 for York sole.

"Dark Cognac" is how we've been specifying a dark brown shade of Shell Cordovan. Essentially this color:



Carmina tends to be liberal with the names "cognac" and "cuero," so when guys specifically call for a dark brown shell - not a medium brown - we'll ask for "dark cognac." It's very similar in tone to cigar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

I don't know about anybody else who's in on the WWII boot MTO but I'm getting excited and impatient for them to arrive.  My first Carminas and curious to see if it's a brand I can look to instead of enduring some of the frustration with Alden.

Mike, are we still on track for a late September delivery?

Yup, as far as I heard before they closed for August holidays. I'll have more info in a week, but I know that the Hatch Grain leather arrived in early July, so we should be good. They actually delivered that last batch of Loden Shell styles ahead of schedule. I've got a pair on order too, so I'm personally really jazzed to see them.
post #3662 of 4103
Loden Alt Wien & Dark Brown Lizard Double Monk

Hey guys,

I built out two of the MTO styles that seemed to have a good consensus. Here's the links:


Loden Shell Cordovan Alt Wien: Preorder closes Sept 1st
This will be Forest last, double leather sole, flat welt. You can order wide fittings here.
The last batch of Loden shell shoes absolutely blew us away, so the Alt Wien is going to be indisputably boss in this leather!


Chocolate Lizard Double Monk: Preorders closes Sept 1st
This will be Inca last, double leather sole, flat welt.
I'm really looking forward to this. Lizard is a great way to get into exotic footwear. It's beautiful and durable, and it's pretty subtle. With the brass hardware, these are going to be seriously handsome.

And here's the link for the Navy Shell jumper closing on Monday. We hit the minimum on these already, so they'll definitely be produced...


Navy Shell Cordovan Jumper Boot: Preorder Closes August 26th
post #3663 of 4103
Nevermind
post #3664 of 4103

You mentioned a hatch grain PTB on order, when will that be for and what would the price on it be? Considering picking up a smaller size.

post #3665 of 4103
mixed media boot idea:

Saw this edward green boot and nearly lost it....so good looking.

I think we could make up something amazing along these lines for fall. Cognac shell vamp with darker brown scotch grain upper?

navy shell bottoms with black pebble upper?

anyone have any other combos to offer?

post #3666 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

mixed media boot idea:

Saw this edward green boot and nearly lost it....so good looking.

I think we could make up something amazing along these lines for fall. Cognac shell vamp with darker brown scotch grain upper?

navy shell bottoms with black pebble upper?

anyone have any other combos to offer?

Burgundy bottom and green suede top
post #3667 of 4103
That's a great combo, but - I'm telling you - getting colors that look that good together takes quite a refined eye. It looks easy until you start mixing and matching yourself. It's way too easy, if not likely, for something to end up looking garish instead of sublime - like they were made for each other - as this fine example shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

mixed media boot idea:

Saw this edward green boot and nearly lost it....so good looking.

I think we could make up something amazing along these lines for fall. Cognac shell vamp with darker brown scotch grain upper?

navy shell bottoms with black pebble upper?

anyone have any other combos to offer?

post #3668 of 4103
Any possibilities of other leather MTO's...ostrich?
post #3669 of 4103

I like the mixed media idea, what about a smooth + pebble combo using the same color for both?

post #3670 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanoiboy View Post

Burgundy bottom and green suede top

Gentlemans footwear is completing that MTO. PM Steve if you want to get in on it.
post #3671 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

That's a great combo, but - I'm telling you - getting colors that look that good together takes quite a refined eye. It looks easy until you start mixing and matching yourself. It's way too easy, if not likely, for something to end up looking garish instead of sublime - like they were made for each other - as this fine example shows.

+1

 

Saw that for LS.  Beautiful, but I don't even know where to begin pulling that off without a new (and very expensive) wardrobe.

post #3672 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Gentlemans footwear is completing that MTO. PM Steve if you want to get in on it.
Gorgeous, they nailed it. But im looking for a jumper boot version of Gentlemen footwear vision. Gentleman footwear is offering great GMTO. im so temted on their navy split toe boot but im not sure of the soller last.
post #3673 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanoiboy View Post

Gorgeous, they nailed it. But im looking for a jumper boot version of Gentlemen footwear vision. Gentleman footwear is offering great GMTO. im so temted on their navy split toe boot but im not sure of the soller last.

You know you want the split toe...only need one more...
post #3674 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanoiboy View Post

Gorgeous, they nailed it. But im looking for a jumper boot version of Gentlemen footwear vision. Gentleman footwear is offering great GMTO. im so temted on their navy split toe boot but im not sure of the soller last.

I took a jump on this MTO after being reassured that the Soller last had a very similar fit to the Forest in a wide. Do it.
post #3675 of 4103
Link?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO