That sounds amazing
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 244post #3646 of 41158/16/13 at 11:10ampost #3647 of 41158/16/13 at 3:11pm
Thanks. I think if you imagine the Alden for Epaulet Taunton Captoe boot in loden or burgundy shell, that's pretty close to what I envisioned. The captoe or the wingtip (Steinbeck) design -- I could go either way on that.
I picked up my first pair of Carminas from Epaulet a month or so back (but won't be wearing them until fall starts) and was really blown away. Been lurking here since and kicking myself for all of the amazing MTOs I've missed, not my budget lets me do loads and loads of those. It does seem that the focus is on a lot of sleek and elegant designs --- this is, after all, what Carmina does so well --- and I appreciate that. But I would be in on a tougher casual boot and while I haven't been able to read every past thread, I saw mention of the commando sole but no indication that it had been done before.post #3648 of 41158/17/13 at 1:26pmpost #3649 of 41158/17/13 at 2:30pmpost #3650 of 41158/17/13 at 4:25pmQuote:We are trying to do a brown calf / loden boot at GF but I think people would be open to burgundy shell potentially. I just want loden suede on the bootpost #3651 of 41158/17/13 at 6:40pm
I don't know about anybody else who's in on the WWII boot MTO but I'm getting excited and impatient for them to arrive. My first Carminas and curious to see if it's a brand I can look to instead of enduring some of the frustration with Alden.
Mike, are we still on track for a late September delivery?post #3652 of 41158/17/13 at 9:00pmpost #3653 of 41158/19/13 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
MTO Styles Received!
Everything is counted and ready to be packed over the weekend. These shoes and boots came out great!
Here is the link where you can pay your balance payment: Carmina MTO August Balance
And all the photos of these sweet, sweet styles. Feast your eyes:
Longwing in Loden Shell Cordovan
So, the brass hardware on my LWB's are mysteriously absent.
Did anyone else who received the Loden longwings not have the brass eyelets on their particular pair? Seems like an odd thing to screw up when all the other pieces in the run seemed to include them.post #3654 of 41158/19/13 at 4:16pmpost #3655 of 41158/19/13 at 4:35pmpost #3656 of 41158/19/13 at 5:39pmpost #3657 of 41158/19/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by budapest12
I want this but in dark cognac. Is there any reason some prefer the York to full Dainite? To my eye, the profile and thickness are the same? Wouldn't full Dainite be more practical or does that leather provide any traction (if it touches ground at all)? Sorry if its a dumb q.
dark cognac you say? I might be in as well.post #3658 of 41158/20/13 at 10:16ampost #3659 of 41158/20/13 at 10:48am
^ Yeah, sorry, just to back up -- what is dark cognac? Is it just cognac shell with antiquing, or a totally separate shade? I haven't heard of it either. Sounds intriguing though.
The flat welt is just really versatile. Carmina's lasts, in the grand scheme of shoes, are fairly sleek, and especially with shell I think the flat welt is the way to go.
+1 for York sole.post #3660 of 41158/20/13 at 10:52amQuote:
I'm pretty much indifferent to the welt but York/Dainite is a must. I don't think dark cognac is a new color - see quote from Mike at post 3631 above. I think it's the color in the cognac shortwing on the Epaulet site. If I'm wrong, I can certainly live with a darker brown. Anyway, I am definitely in for this.
Edit: I think the "dark" cognac is just to differentiate from some lighter shades that Carmina has also called cognac. I think you can see different shades both labeled cognac on their e shop.Return Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › What are you drinking right now? 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 53 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn PO Taped Khaki Coat Size 50 (40 US) 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 9 minutes ago
- › Why are cotton/poly blend shirts undesirable? 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?