That sounds amazing
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 7 Last post on 9/7/14 at 7:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Madrid and Barcelona Last post on 9/4/14 at 7:36pm in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Final Cut. Carmina Suede Chukka - New with Hand Made Trees - 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 244
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks. I think if you imagine the Alden for Epaulet Taunton Captoe boot in loden or burgundy shell, that's pretty close to what I envisioned. The captoe or the wingtip (Steinbeck) design -- I could go either way on that.
I picked up my first pair of Carminas from Epaulet a month or so back (but won't be wearing them until fall starts) and was really blown away. Been lurking here since and kicking myself for all of the amazing MTOs I've missed, not my budget lets me do loads and loads of those. It does seem that the focus is on a lot of sleek and elegant designs --- this is, after all, what Carmina does so well --- and I appreciate that. But I would be in on a tougher casual boot and while I haven't been able to read every past thread, I saw mention of the commando sole but no indication that it had been done before.
I don't know about anybody else who's in on the WWII boot MTO but I'm getting excited and impatient for them to arrive. My first Carminas and curious to see if it's a brand I can look to instead of enduring some of the frustration with Alden.
Mike, are we still on track for a late September delivery?
MTO Styles Received!
Everything is counted and ready to be packed over the weekend. These shoes and boots came out great!
Here is the link where you can pay your balance payment: Carmina MTO August Balance
And all the photos of these sweet, sweet styles. Feast your eyes:
Longwing in Loden Shell Cordovan
So, the brass hardware on my LWB's are mysteriously absent.
Did anyone else who received the Loden longwings not have the brass eyelets on their particular pair? Seems like an odd thing to screw up when all the other pieces in the run seemed to include them.
I want this but in dark cognac. Is there any reason some prefer the York to full Dainite? To my eye, the profile and thickness are the same? Wouldn't full Dainite be more practical or does that leather provide any traction (if it touches ground at all)? Sorry if its a dumb q.
dark cognac you say? I might be in as well.
^ Yeah, sorry, just to back up -- what is dark cognac? Is it just cognac shell with antiquing, or a totally separate shade? I haven't heard of it either. Sounds intriguing though.
The flat welt is just really versatile. Carmina's lasts, in the grand scheme of shoes, are fairly sleek, and especially with shell I think the flat welt is the way to go.
+1 for York sole.
I'm pretty much indifferent to the welt but York/Dainite is a must. I don't think dark cognac is a new color - see quote from Mike at post 3631 above. I think it's the color in the cognac shortwing on the Epaulet site. If I'm wrong, I can certainly live with a darker brown. Anyway, I am definitely in for this.
Edit: I think the "dark" cognac is just to differentiate from some lighter shades that Carmina has also called cognac. I think you can see different shades both labeled cognac on their e shop.
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...