Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 11/19/15 at 7:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 1:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 11/6/15 at 10:09pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 217post #3242 of 41155/23/13 at 5:52pmpost #3243 of 41155/23/13 at 5:52pmpost #3244 of 41155/23/13 at 5:52pmpost #3245 of 41155/23/13 at 5:52pmpost #3246 of 41155/23/13 at 5:53pmpost #3247 of 41155/23/13 at 7:10pmpost #3248 of 41155/23/13 at 9:45pmpost #3249 of 41155/23/13 at 11:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
Mike can you get this leather?
Let me ask. I'm pretty sure that this is the Hatch Grain that we're using - most likely that saddle brown color. I LOVE the other tones though! The purple is absolutely killer.Quote:
Doing a Loden Shell Salinger Double Monk (Inca Last) might work for you. It's technically a medium last, but it runs on the wider side of medium, and we've had quite a few customers who take an "E" fitting wear it well. The Forest last is the only last that's technically offered in wide fittings, and sadly they don't do double monks or loafers on that last.post #3250 of 41155/23/13 at 11:23pmEpaulet Fall '13 MTO Projects Round One
Thanks for bearing with us and for all of the fantastic ideas and enthusiasm! I've prepared the first collection of MTO project styles. First up, we're offering the Greeley Boot in many shades of shell cordovan. I'm putting a fairly short deadline on to this (June 3rd) so that we can submit it in a timely fashion. The Pitti show is in mid June, so we want to get these orders in before that (especially on shell styles) to ensure that we can get a good Fall delivery. I'm quoting Sept-Nov, but we should get all of these on the earlier side of that.
Two quick things to note:
1. I built in the option to get Carmina trees or not. By default they'll come with Woodlore Epic trees, but you can opt to pay an additional $40 for the Carmina trees.
2. We tried to coordinate direct shipments from Carmina to European customers with this last round, but it simply didn't work. We really wanted to do it, but the logistics turned out to be too difficult. So please note that all styles will be shipped from New York.
3. Loden Shell stock is pretty tight. We can probably make about 24 units total across all styles. I think that will probably be enough, but if things get tight then it will be first come, first served.
OK, here's the Shell Greeley's...
Cognac Shell Cordovan Greeley Boot Special Order Deposit
Loden Shell Cordovan Greeley Boot Special Order Deposit
Navy Shell Cordovan Greeley Boot Special Order Deposit
Burgundy Shell Cordovan Greeley Boot Special Order Deposit
And here's the Loden shell longwings. I used a calf shoe for the mockup, so it doesn't represent the real depth of loden shell cordovan. The longwing mockup image is really just to give you an overall impression. The penny loafer images in the item itself will show you what the leather will look like. Trust me - these shoes are going to be freaking radiant.
Loden Shell Cordovan Longwing Special Order Deposit
And in terms of Hatch Grain, we've got a bit of time on that. I ordered enough for 50 units and the leather is still being prepped at Horween, so I want to wrap these up by June 10th. If we can submit the orders before Pitti, then we'll get a good slot for production. The leather will come in and - bang - our stuff is in work.
I set up one style where there seemed to be a strong consensus (not to mention, it will be completely ass-kicking). This is the Jumper boot with a storm welt and commando sole. That is really tuff.
Brown Hatch Grain Jumper Boot Special Order Deposit
I'm going to find out what last that 4-eye chukka is on. And I'd love to run some dressier styles in hatch grain as well - maybe the Rain last PTB or a simpson last item. Maybe a single or double monk. Let's narrow down a few other concepts that you guys would like to see. It can really be made into anything.
Edited by Epaulet - 5/24/13 at 12:36pmpost #3251 of 41155/24/13 at 12:04ampost #3252 of 41155/24/13 at 12:08ampost #3253 of 41155/24/13 at 12:18ampost #3254 of 41155/24/13 at 12:24amQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
So no loden jumper boot? And how much is difference in terms of wide width vs. normal width on forest? Only carmina I have is size 10 on the Oscar which is almost perfect fit. Would 9.5 wide or 10 on forest work better? If Oscar was any slimmer it'd be too tight in terms of width.
Sorry to spam the thread, but I'll just pipe up and say that my Oscar lasted jumper boots fit the same as my Forest lasted bal boots of the same size.
As for the Loden jumper, Mike said he had fairly limited supply of the leather; I guess he brought it down to one shoe and one boot, with the bal boot beating out the jumper.Return Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 5 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 5 minutes ago
- › BNWT Saturdays Surf NYC Johan Trousers, 31 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Atlanta Tailors 10 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories