or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 204

post #3046 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Hatch grain chukka, anyone?

I'm late to the party, but I'd be interested in a hatch grain chukka. I'm much more partial to chukkas than all the high boots everyone here seems so fond of. I only wear my high boots in heavy snow, so they rarely get much use.
post #3047 of 4052
The Navy Python is a captoe on the Queens...
post #3048 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post

they're very pimpish. you would only be able to pull this off if you're name is Huggy Bear.


post #3049 of 4052
Ruby Captoe MTO (Queens)
post #3050 of 4052

That combination is just so great. Nice enough for a formalish setting, but also expressly casual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

Ruby Captoe MTO (Queens)
post #3051 of 4052
Gents, how about a snuff suede boot? Cap toe, double row stitch? Brogue cap toe? USMC Boondocker replica? I need snuff in my life.
post #3052 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concub1ne View Post

 

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see any options other than international shipping.

 

 

I have seen this happen once before-- coincidentally also for shipping to Sweden! I'm going to investigate and see what the problem is. I've sent you a PM to iron anything out-- if anyone else has a similar problem, just toss me a message and we'll sort out doing the transaction in a different way. 

post #3053 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post


I'm late to the party, but I'd be interested in a hatch grain chukka. I'm much more partial to chukkas than all the high boots everyone here seems so fond of. I only wear my high boots in heavy snow, so they rarely get much use.

I think a chukka would be awesome-- we haven't run one with Carmina in awhile and it's something for which there's no alternative in our existing line-up, save for a single remaining size in Ashbery boot. I don't know if Carmina has access to hatch grain, but I'll find out. I think a scotch grain would also be killer. Carmina's scotch grain calf is fantastic.

post #3054 of 4052
^ James, there's been on-and-off discussion of using hatchgrain for a bit in the thread, with various pictures included. Someone--sorry, can't remember who--mentioned that it can be sourced from Horween. Mike said that he'd check on availability, since he's been able to get other leathers for Carmina from Horween (like the CXL). Just an FYI. And welcome to the thread!
post #3055 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by james ep View Post

I think a chukka would be awesome-- we haven't run one with Carmina in awhile and it's something for which there's no alternative in our existing line-up, save for a single remaining size in Ashbery boot. I don't know if Carmina has access to hatch grain, but I'll find out. I think a scotch grain would also be killer. Carmina's scotch grain calf is fantastic.

I'd go for hatch grain, scotch grain, snuff suede, ruby shell cordovan, navy shell cordovan...almost any chukka boot with a Dainite sole other than dark brown shell cordovan or chestnut calfskin (because I already own these). I really like the Ashbery boot you linked
Edited by thinman - 5/7/13 at 8:57pm
post #3056 of 4052

Cognac Greeley?

post #3057 of 4052

Can we have the 5 eye:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto/2520#post_6129250

 

doesn't have to be in the color in the photo but preferably nothing too wild since i work in a conservative workpalce

post #3058 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Can we have the 5 eye:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto/2520#post_6129250

doesn't have to be in the color in the photo but preferably nothing too wild since i work in a conservative workpalce

If we go chukka I would prefer a 5 eye as well... Ruby shell??
post #3059 of 4052
Jim, how much flexibility do we/you have with designing the actual Carmina makeup? Is there a list of templates that you guys start from? I would love a slightly lower Greeley, without the speed laces, for example. Also, I know someone posted something on here a little while ago from the Shoe Snob -- he posted some really cool boots last night. I don't wanna blow this thread up with non-Carmina, so I'll just link my favorite pair -- I think something along these lines could be pretty sweet for the chocolate/purple combo that was mentioned earlier (it's a bit similar to the 000973 in Alcudia that's up on the site now, just with broguing/two-tone).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DAT41fASKdU/UYfBfvG9lBI/AAAAAAAAMqM/g3gJffQ6BC4/s1600/3715-5773-produit_zoom.jpg
post #3060 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Can we have the 5 eye:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto/2520#post_6129250

doesn't have to be in the color in the photo but preferably nothing too wild since i work in a conservative workpalce

My preference would be the 3-eyelet chukka, like the Ashbery.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO