or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 3

post #31 of 4052
would prefer to see a bal boot in a lighter calfskin. This + danite sole would be good for a Mar-May, Sept-Nov boot.
post #32 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Me too...and that's why I'm wondering why everyone wants boots for spring delivery.

I just think people are thinking longer term. any shell boot in lighter color will take > 1 year to deliver , if it's possible at all. and if you are gonna wait that long and spend so much $$, might as well get exactly what you want, even if it happens to arrive a few months too soon/late than is ideal
post #33 of 4052
I don't get the boot fixation at all. Time for a nice dress shoe that could go with a suit or with jeans.
post #34 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcw View Post

I don't get the boot fixation at all. Time for a nice dress shoe that could go with a suit or with jeans.

This SW&D, where people like cordovan boots, but I do think we need some diversity, which is why I support a nice shoe in calf
post #35 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Do you guys wear these boots during the summer?

You can get away with some boots in the summer (lighter colors, etc) but for the most part i'm in loafers, mocs, desert boots in the summer. There seem to be no shortage of cordovan loafers (Alden, Ralph Lauren), suede loafers (a huge varieyt of brands), moccasins (Quoddy, Oak St, etc) and desert boots (again, large variety) for the summer though. I guess custom boots are rarer.
post #36 of 4052
Thread Starter 
Boot in shell

Dress shoe in calf

Those two options seem most popular
post #37 of 4052
you can find rtw dress shoes from all makers that will probably be similar to any idea this group comes up with. it's more difficult to find shell boots in the rarer colors in a style you like.

I think the balmoral boot is quite rare. Add chestnut or saddle cordovan to it and you'll likely never see it again (unless you pay the single order premium). I prefer no hooks as I've had enough trouser hems ripped up. Dainite makes them useful in the winter for me.
post #38 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Boot in shell
Dress shoe in calf
Those two options seem most popular

Good call to narrow this down.
post #39 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

you can find rtw dress shoes from all makers that will probably be similar to any idea this group comes up with. it's more difficult to find shell boots in the rarer colors in a style you like.
I think the balmoral boot is quite rare. Add chestnut or saddle cordovan to it and you'll likely never see it again (unless you pay the single order premium). I prefer no hooks as I've had enough trouser hems ripped up. Dainite makes them useful in the winter for me.

I appreciate the explanation...not being a balmoral boot wearer I had no idea that they are rare.
post #40 of 4052
Let me cast a vote for the whole-cut suggestion made above.
post #41 of 4052
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcarn View Post

Let me cast a vote for the whole-cut suggestion made above.

the one in shell?
post #42 of 4052
How about a dress shoe in a lighter colored calf, on a sleek last like the Rain with a rams-head medallion? Do it as a whole-cut.
post #43 of 4052
Black boot in calf shog[1].gif
post #44 of 4052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Robert last, brogue cap toe, balmoral boot. Double leather soul.
Cognac cordovan.
Like these.

This with no speed hooks and I could be in.
post #45 of 4052
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

This with no speed hooks and I could be in.

+10000000000000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO