Got a confirmation from Carmina today - we've got 110 units being prepped for delivery in about two weeks. I'll get the full manifest in the next day or two, but from what I can see, there's lots of shell cordovan in there. And at least one of the Python shoes that we have on order (I believe that it's the Cognac Python remake). I imagine that at least 50 of these pairs are MTO project styles. I'll post the update once I have it.
Good discussions going around here. So I think that this is where we stand:Remakes
1. Navy Calf Alcudia last Adelaide
2. Chocolate Suede / Chocolate Calf Jodphur
I'll put these online this week for Friday's newsletter.New Ideas
1. 5-eye chukka: I believe that I asked about Hatch grain at Pitti, and Carmina told me that they don't have it available. When you guys see these hatch grain makeups, are they Carmina or a different brand?
2. Austerity Brogue Calf: Let's go forward with the the burnished Burgundy calf. We've done a few burgundy calf styles, and the leather is just phenomenal. The burnishing will lend it some extra attitude as well. Want a medium brown sole on that?
3. Austerity Brogue Shell: You guys know me, I'd make freaking every shoe in Ruby Shell if we can. That color is consistently stunning. Are there a few guys interested in this? We can easily build it out.Some Suggestions
1. Greeley Boot: We should get our first run of Greeley boots in pretty soon. If you guys are interested in some new concepts for it, we can put some things into work. Maybe two tones: shell and calf, calf and suede, calf and scotch. There's lots of possibilites. We'll do some compositions and mockups on our side too.
I kind of fell in love with this bal boot sample. Could be killer in the Greeley shape:
2. Kudu Antelope Leather. Anyone interested in a tough-ass makeup using this:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay
i'd be interested in a burgundy calf make-up, or a dark oak make-up of some sort. I love shell cordovan but don't really want the added cost of shell for this particular shoe. also, the last is a big consideration. I don't own any Carmina shoes so have no idea how their lasts fit or what size would work for me. if a group MTO were to go through in the burgundy calf how much would it cost?
Burgundy Calf Austerity Brogue is going to be about $580 with the shoe trees.
Originally Posted by Jagger_On
I've just placed an order for the Ruby Bradbury boots but I was wondering if you were ever able to find out about this?
Ah sorry that I missed your last post. We can have MTO project styles shipped direct from Europe, but not stock ones. So, unfortunately no on that.
Originally Posted by justinkapur
Thought id leave you gents with this from today
Good lord those look great!