Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 11/19/15 at 7:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 8:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 11/6/15 at 10:09pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 166post #2476 of 41152/10/13 at 11:48pmpost #2477 of 41152/11/13 at 6:53ampost #2478 of 41152/11/13 at 7:06ampost #2479 of 41152/11/13 at 7:53amQuote:[/quote]Quote:Originally Posted by justinkapur
That is pretty awesome. I would totally rock something like that in Navy.
Terracotta Boot ordered! Time to get going on this next one.
I counted about 4 folks excited about this - can we finalize what we want so Mike can get it going
I can see this being worn at the office all the way to black tie.Chiseled toe - Rain Last?
Either Navy shell or midnight calf?
I'm pretty open to ideas for the toe - Plain? Austerity? Small Medallion? Brogue?
Can we get a few champions to get this going?post #2480 of 41152/11/13 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
So, without any further adieu, let me present the newest makeup concept. As requested by the gentlemen on this thread, we are now accepting orders for the Punched Captoe boot in "Lama" tumbled calf leather. This beautiful hide is no longer produced by Carmina's tannery, and 12 units can be made with the supply that remains.
Well, I woke up and saw that some money had come through from paypal while I slept...
Another slot taken for the Terracotta.
Styleophile, has Carmina ever made channeled soles? I've never seen any from them.post #2481 of 41152/11/13 at 9:41ampost #2482 of 41152/11/13 at 9:43ampost #2483 of 41152/11/13 at 9:58amQuote:
I agree. It is not a particularly wide last. I'd equate it to how Alden's Aberdeen last fits me. I size UK11 regular width for Forest (compared to 11.5D for Aberdeen), and on an MTO like this, I'd order UK10.5 wide because I can.post #2484 of 41152/11/13 at 10:32ampost #2485 of 41152/11/13 at 10:40ampost #2486 of 41152/11/13 at 11:11amQuote:
for me, the forest last fits a little wider than the other three carmina lasts that i have (all are the same size). from wide to narrow, my feeling is forest > queens > rain > robert. the forest is a blucher (epaulet cognac shortwing) and the rest are balmorals. all are shell except the rain is python.
i've decided to size down half for the terracota lama MTO and hopefully it works out. if not...it's UK size 6.5 and expect to see it on b&s.post #2487 of 41152/11/13 at 11:17amThe Forest last is noticeably wider than the Rain last, but not so much so that it is unwearable. I tried on boots in the Forest last in a half-size smaller than my usual size and could tell that my feet would kill me in half an hour if I wore them that long.
I typically wear a US size 9.5D. Here is how the lasts feel to me:
Rain UK8.5 = Edward Green UK9D
Forest UK8.5 = Edward Green UK9Epost #2488 of 41152/11/13 at 11:18am
I currently wear a UK size 9.5H from Church's, what would be the equivalent size here? Also, would it be possible to account for a higher instep when making the boot?
Lastly, how much would they cost, and will you be charging tax if I'm located in New York State?
Williampost #2489 of 41152/11/13 at 11:27amQuote:
How wide are your feet. Sorry I am not familiar with GG sizing, so that's no help. I have a wider foot (US on the border between US D and E width), and I find that being able to order the Forest in a wide fitting works well for me. You may want to try PMing Mike at Epaulet or giving one of the shops a call. They will be best able to advise.post #2490 of 41152/11/13 at 12:40pmReturn Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › NWOT Gant Herringbone Scarf 9 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 9 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 49 seconds ago
- › NWOT Bellucci Napoli F/W Herringbone SC – 48/38 (R) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › FOOTWEAR SALE: DIOR, COMMON PROJECTS, Y-3, DANNER 4 minutes ago
- › NWT Suit Supply Navy Suit – 48/38 (R) 5 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories