Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 7 Last post on 9/7/14 at 7:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Madrid and Barcelona Last post on 9/4/14 at 7:36pm in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 7:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Final Cut. Carmina Suede Chukka - New with Hand Made Trees - 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 154
Styleforum Top Picks
I received some interest in another run of the snuff suede austerity brogues - and we can offer those in a second colorway too if you guys are interested. Let me pull out some photos tomorrow - Carmina has a HUGE array of suede colors. There's really great stuff like hunter green and teal, and of course purple. We can do some off-kilter tassel loafers or two-tone spectators. This late Spring delivery is the perfect time to get some really colorful and interesting styles.
Some bright tassel loafers with a cool contrast stitch on the toe are exactly what I'd like.
I dig almost everything Mike comes up with. Lama boot, Austerity boots, Austerity brogues (maybe even more than one color, depending on the suede Mike finds), purple suede boots, and I'd love a pair (or three...) of nice tassel loafers.
My wallet is hurting ;_;
I know I am trying to resist. I had to give in to the Lama boot (provided we can still get it!)
I want a pair of loafers, not too much of a fan of the tassel tbh. I am more for the single monk loafer/penny loafer
To Mike's point about suede and this post above:
I'd really be interested in an round toe suede chukka. Ideally in a 2-eyelet chukka, maybe 3? Don't think it'd look great in 5. No preference re lined or unlined. Double or single leather sole, antiqued/light edgetrim. For the suede chukka, I really think the Inca or Alcudia (round/almond toe) would look better than the Rain or Simpson (squareish toe).
Enough takers to make snuff suede happen? Or we could see what suede colors Mike pulls out.
- Dark brown calf
- Cognac or navy shell
- Pebble grain, like the Thompson PTB.
That last one seems like it would be kind of unique but fitting with the last and chukka shape. I really like the texture of the leather when I saw it in person. For reference:
I would down for some loafers in blue suede rain last.
I havent really messed with Meermin. Ive heard some good and some horrible things about finishings/details. I did try on a loafer once by Bontoni (my favorite) that I really really liked
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am having the left 3 made but I loved the color of the loafer so I had it pictured.
your blue suede is the reason i ended up with a couple bontoni & you are right, the color of that right loafer is great but the style is too close to one i already have.
any idea of the name or model of the third loafer (?) from the right on the top row of your pic ?
i have that in the SF dreaded black in production to be delivered @ some point this lifetime.
pebbled tan / caramel similar to the g&g tan color would be a nice one. what would you think of norvegese (sp) stitching with that ?
Edited by SoGent - 1/24/13 at 4:45am
I am happy to hear that! Bontonis are awesome! They were all custom models so I couldnt tell you the name. All the shoes I had were specially made just for trunk show to show variety and color
Agreed, but dark navy would be bad as fuck
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona) 53 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 14 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 22 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...