Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 7/30/15 at 6:56pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 1 Last post on 2/4/15 at 9:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on 7/30/15 at 7:43am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 151post #2252 of 41111/20/13 at 2:09pmpost #2253 of 41111/20/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReedCA
I'm still breaking them in and haven't worn them out of the house yet, but my initial impression is that they fit similarly. The Rain feels a bit tighter across the instep, I'm not sure if that's from the last or the difference in material. There is a little heel slip, but I had that with the Inca as well and it went away with wear.
This is a pretty common experience. Once the sole softens up and breaks in, it will move more naturally with your foot. Tongue pads can definitely knock out any residual heel slippage.Quote:
Let's absolutely do this as a fall Greeley makeup! I'll post up some purple calf shots once I get them.Quote:
I'd say that none of us will ever come to our senses. And if purple two-tone bal boots is crazy, then I don't want to be sane!Quote:Originally Posted by diglett
Purple sounds wild. Like this, maybe?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #2254 of 41111/20/13 at 2:28pmPython Bal Preorder!
Navy Python Captoe Bal Special Order Deposit
Preorder is officially online. Apologies that I couldn't do a mockup, it's tough to work with the base image when it's a black shoe. This will be on the Queens last, so it's essentially the same shape as the Ruby Shell punched bal, Same sole and same edge trim. These are going to be so ace!
Edited by Epaulet - 1/20/13 at 2:41pmpost #2255 of 41111/20/13 at 3:03pm^^
And here's another image to help you imagine the new python makeup. The small strip that's pictured is the official color that the shoe will be made in.
Carmina has never done production in that color (at least recently), so nothing else was available to shoot. But, I found this skin online and modified the color a bit to give you an idea of how the scales will look fully made up:
And as a related note, Maison Martin Margiela put out a python captoe bal this season for $1400 smackers:
http://www.oki-ni.com/footwear/maison-martin-margiela-22-men-s-python-skin-shoes-mm1532bwn.html?currency=USDpost #2256 of 41111/20/13 at 3:14pmpost #2257 of 41111/20/13 at 3:58pmpost #2258 of 41111/20/13 at 6:25pmpost #2259 of 41111/20/13 at 7:09pmpost #2260 of 41111/20/13 at 11:20pmpost #2261 of 41111/21/13 at 12:33ampost #2262 of 41111/21/13 at 8:41ampost #2263 of 41111/21/13 at 1:34pmpost #2264 of 41111/21/13 at 6:41pmI know that the majority of people in this thread seem to favor high boots, but I change in and out of dance shoes and rarely tramp through snow more than several inches deep, so a 3-eyelet chukka boot would be more useful to me. I'd especially like to see a makeup of a 3-eyelet chukka with Dainite or Ridgeway soles in ruby or color 8 shell cordovan (black or navy might work too, in shell cordovan or calfskin, or even snuff suede). A storm welt would also be nice, but not a requirement. I don't know of anyone who offers a cordovan or ruby chukka boot as part of their regular line.post #2265 of 41111/21/13 at 8:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by thinman
I know that the majority of people in this thread seem to favor high boots, but I change in and out of dance shoes and rarely tramp through snow more than several inches deep, so a 3-eyelet chukka boot would be more useful to me. I'd especially like to see a makeup of a 3-eyelet chukka with Dainite or Ridgeway soles in ruby or color 8 shell cordovan (black or navy might work too, in shell cordovan or calfskin, or even snuff suede). A storm welt would also be nice, but not a requirement. I don't know of anyone who offers a cordovan or ruby chukka boot as part of their regular line.
A 5-eyelet chukka like the one above but in Ruby would be excellent. Can it be done on Forest?Return Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1515 Active Users (294 Members and 1221 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 6 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...