Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 151post #2252 of 41151/20/13 at 2:09pmpost #2253 of 41151/20/13 at 2:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReedCA
I'm still breaking them in and haven't worn them out of the house yet, but my initial impression is that they fit similarly. The Rain feels a bit tighter across the instep, I'm not sure if that's from the last or the difference in material. There is a little heel slip, but I had that with the Inca as well and it went away with wear.
This is a pretty common experience. Once the sole softens up and breaks in, it will move more naturally with your foot. Tongue pads can definitely knock out any residual heel slippage.Quote:
Let's absolutely do this as a fall Greeley makeup! I'll post up some purple calf shots once I get them.Quote:
I'd say that none of us will ever come to our senses. And if purple two-tone bal boots is crazy, then I don't want to be sane!Quote:Originally Posted by diglett
Purple sounds wild. Like this, maybe?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #2254 of 41151/20/13 at 2:28pmPython Bal Preorder!
Navy Python Captoe Bal Special Order Deposit
Preorder is officially online. Apologies that I couldn't do a mockup, it's tough to work with the base image when it's a black shoe. This will be on the Queens last, so it's essentially the same shape as the Ruby Shell punched bal, Same sole and same edge trim. These are going to be so ace!
Edited by Epaulet - 1/20/13 at 2:41pmpost #2255 of 41151/20/13 at 3:03pm^^
And here's another image to help you imagine the new python makeup. The small strip that's pictured is the official color that the shoe will be made in.
Carmina has never done production in that color (at least recently), so nothing else was available to shoot. But, I found this skin online and modified the color a bit to give you an idea of how the scales will look fully made up:
And as a related note, Maison Martin Margiela put out a python captoe bal this season for $1400 smackers:
http://www.oki-ni.com/footwear/maison-martin-margiela-22-men-s-python-skin-shoes-mm1532bwn.html?currency=USDpost #2256 of 41151/20/13 at 3:14pmpost #2257 of 41151/20/13 at 3:58pmpost #2258 of 41151/20/13 at 6:25pmpost #2259 of 41151/20/13 at 7:09pmpost #2260 of 41151/20/13 at 11:20pmpost #2261 of 41151/21/13 at 12:33ampost #2262 of 41151/21/13 at 8:41ampost #2263 of 41151/21/13 at 1:34pmpost #2264 of 41151/21/13 at 6:41pmI know that the majority of people in this thread seem to favor high boots, but I change in and out of dance shoes and rarely tramp through snow more than several inches deep, so a 3-eyelet chukka boot would be more useful to me. I'd especially like to see a makeup of a 3-eyelet chukka with Dainite or Ridgeway soles in ruby or color 8 shell cordovan (black or navy might work too, in shell cordovan or calfskin, or even snuff suede). A storm welt would also be nice, but not a requirement. I don't know of anyone who offers a cordovan or ruby chukka boot as part of their regular line.post #2265 of 41151/21/13 at 8:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by thinman
I know that the majority of people in this thread seem to favor high boots, but I change in and out of dance shoes and rarely tramp through snow more than several inches deep, so a 3-eyelet chukka boot would be more useful to me. I'd especially like to see a makeup of a 3-eyelet chukka with Dainite or Ridgeway soles in ruby or color 8 shell cordovan (black or navy might work too, in shell cordovan or calfskin, or even snuff suede). A storm welt would also be nice, but not a requirement. I don't know of anyone who offers a cordovan or ruby chukka boot as part of their regular line.
A 5-eyelet chukka like the one above but in Ruby would be excellent. Can it be done on Forest?Return Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Currently, there are 1604 Active Users (319 Members and 1285 Guests)
- › visvim Subsection Room Spray No. 05 / NEW BORN (also usable as... 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply quality: Would you exchange this jacket? 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?