Any chance of calling the black with black dainite the "Orwell Boot?"
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 147post #2192 of 41151/14/13 at 11:50pmpost #2193 of 41151/15/13 at 5:49amQuote:
Thanks for the info but I already have the snuff suede austerity brogue. I get tons of complements on it!!post #2194 of 41151/15/13 at 5:52ampost #2195 of 41151/15/13 at 7:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Should be in our next shipment, which I'm expecting around the end of this month / beginning of next.
Absolutely, I can fire that up this week. That shoe was ace!
Oh, sorry, I left out the black boot - we'll definitely offer that one too!
Was the initial suede austerity shoe on a single leather sole? Can we do a double sole on that this round if people are interested? I do a lot of walking in the city and the single sole just doesn't feel as good as a double.post #2196 of 41151/15/13 at 8:53amQuote:
I may be interested in the austerity shoe on a double leather sole. Any interest in doing that shoe in cognac shell as well as suede?post #2197 of 41151/15/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
You will be fine with the 12UK. I too wear that size and have 4 Carmina in 3 different lasts. Simpson/ runs on the narrower width and toe box through the other end of last spectrum with Robert/ Queens. Your width is slightly narrower than mine as a C, but as the Euro makers don't generally size widths as specifically as US, you have to live with the width. Remember, Sizing from a "C" to a mid width "D" in Alden and AE is only 3/16" . With Carmina, C&J, EG etc... the last truly does dictate the footbed widthpost #2198 of 41151/15/13 at 4:02pmpost #2199 of 41151/15/13 at 6:47pmpost #2200 of 41151/15/13 at 7:22pmpost #2201 of 41151/15/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Mike showed an example of the burnished calf here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto/2100_100#post_6041726post #2202 of 41151/15/13 at 9:38pmQuote:I saw that and it looks pretty close to Saddle, at least to the pair I have. That's why I asked. I'm torn between the burnished calf and black.Originally Posted by diglett
Mike showed an example of the burnished calf here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto/2100_100#post_6041726post #2203 of 41151/15/13 at 9:53pmQuote:
Ah, that makes sense. I just thought you might have missed it. I'll probably be torn between full Snuff, and black, with my decision probably being based on the soles.post #2204 of 41151/16/13 at 7:37amReturn Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 9 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 13 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 15 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Chelsea boots 11.5 H BNIB black calf perfect 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...