Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 145post #2161 of 41151/13/13 at 10:44ampost #2162 of 41151/13/13 at 10:50ampost #2163 of 41151/13/13 at 10:53amQuote:
Most people already go 1/2 size down for Barrie lasted shoes.post #2164 of 41151/13/13 at 12:42pmHere's my experience with the Forest last.
I wear 10.5D Barries. I have fairly narrow feet with low-ish instep. I have a pair of 10UK Carmina black cap toe bals on Forest that fit great. I also have a pair of the brown CXL Steinbeck boots in 10UK. The boots are quite loose, even with thick socks. I don't know if it's the welt or just the way the boots are shaped that result in the looseness. I'm trying to decide whether to to go 10UK OR 9.5UK when we can pre-order the austerity bal boots.post #2165 of 41151/13/13 at 12:49pmQuote:
Great question, I would like to know too?post #2166 of 41151/14/13 at 3:30pmpost #2167 of 41151/14/13 at 4:12pmpost #2168 of 41151/14/13 at 4:23pmQuote:
You should be fine with that.post #2169 of 41151/14/13 at 4:57pmHey guys!
I got back from Italy today, and I'm going to build out all of the preorders tomorrow. We'll get the "Greeley Boot" rolling!
So, for the final list, I'm thinking five variants:
1. Tan Burnished Calf
2. Burgundy Shell Cordovan
3. Navy Shell Cordovan
4. Snuff Suede
5. Black Calfskin (with black dainite sole)
Sound good? We'll need a minimum of six units per leather to make each one, but I think that we'll hit that.
And we've got three other styles also under discussion:
1. Navy Python Bal Captoe
2. Tan Lama Perforated Captoe boot (as pictured in the Carmina sample... I should get confirmation on leather availability tomorrow)
3. A Shell Cordovan rain-last PTB. It was pictured in Navy, but I've got a bunch of PM's requesting it in Cognac. How's that sound?
Oh, also something to consider for the Fall. Carmina is rolling out a proper Commando sole. It's so good!
Edited by Epaulet - 1/14/13 at 5:41pmpost #2170 of 41151/14/13 at 5:06pmpost #2171 of 41151/14/13 at 5:07pmpost #2172 of 41151/14/13 at 5:20pmpost #2173 of 41151/14/13 at 5:20pmpost #2174 of 41151/14/13 at 5:41pmQuote:
Should be in our next shipment, which I'm expecting around the end of this month / beginning of next.Quote:
Absolutely, I can fire that up this week. That shoe was ace!Quote:
Oh, sorry, I left out the black boot - we'll definitely offer that one too!
For the Python, it actually has to be without punching. The leather doesn't hold broguging well, so it will be a straight captoe. The same shape as the shoe on the right, only done in the Queens last:Quote:
I'd be open to that, but I got a bunch of PM's about doing the exact boot that was pictured in Fok's snapshots - that seems to be the captoe that launched a thousand ships. So I'm thinking that's a better option, especially since we'll be able to offer the Greeley in Burnished calf, which will look pretty similar color-wise.post #2175 of 41151/14/13 at 5:51pmReturn Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Currently, there are 1051 Active Users (184 Members and 867 Guests)
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 23 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 23 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for chunky/heavy sweaters with shorter sleeves? 25 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 30 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?