Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina GMTO Last post on Today at 9:55 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 1 Last post on 2/4/15 at 9:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 145post #2161 of 41111/13/13 at 10:44ampost #2162 of 41111/13/13 at 10:50ampost #2163 of 41111/13/13 at 10:53amQuote:
Most people already go 1/2 size down for Barrie lasted shoes.post #2164 of 41111/13/13 at 12:42pmHere's my experience with the Forest last.
I wear 10.5D Barries. I have fairly narrow feet with low-ish instep. I have a pair of 10UK Carmina black cap toe bals on Forest that fit great. I also have a pair of the brown CXL Steinbeck boots in 10UK. The boots are quite loose, even with thick socks. I don't know if it's the welt or just the way the boots are shaped that result in the looseness. I'm trying to decide whether to to go 10UK OR 9.5UK when we can pre-order the austerity bal boots.post #2165 of 41111/13/13 at 12:49pmQuote:
Great question, I would like to know too?post #2166 of 41111/14/13 at 3:30pmpost #2167 of 41111/14/13 at 4:12pmpost #2168 of 41111/14/13 at 4:23pmQuote:
You should be fine with that.post #2169 of 41111/14/13 at 4:57pmHey guys!
I got back from Italy today, and I'm going to build out all of the preorders tomorrow. We'll get the "Greeley Boot" rolling!
So, for the final list, I'm thinking five variants:
1. Tan Burnished Calf
2. Burgundy Shell Cordovan
3. Navy Shell Cordovan
4. Snuff Suede
5. Black Calfskin (with black dainite sole)
Sound good? We'll need a minimum of six units per leather to make each one, but I think that we'll hit that.
And we've got three other styles also under discussion:
1. Navy Python Bal Captoe
2. Tan Lama Perforated Captoe boot (as pictured in the Carmina sample... I should get confirmation on leather availability tomorrow)
3. A Shell Cordovan rain-last PTB. It was pictured in Navy, but I've got a bunch of PM's requesting it in Cognac. How's that sound?
Oh, also something to consider for the Fall. Carmina is rolling out a proper Commando sole. It's so good!
Edited by Epaulet - 1/14/13 at 5:41pmpost #2170 of 41111/14/13 at 5:06pmpost #2171 of 41111/14/13 at 5:07pmpost #2172 of 41111/14/13 at 5:20pmpost #2173 of 41111/14/13 at 5:20pmpost #2174 of 41111/14/13 at 5:41pmQuote:
Should be in our next shipment, which I'm expecting around the end of this month / beginning of next.Quote:
Absolutely, I can fire that up this week. That shoe was ace!Quote:
Oh, sorry, I left out the black boot - we'll definitely offer that one too!
For the Python, it actually has to be without punching. The leather doesn't hold broguging well, so it will be a straight captoe. The same shape as the shoe on the right, only done in the Queens last:Quote:
I'd be open to that, but I got a bunch of PM's about doing the exact boot that was pictured in Fok's snapshots - that seems to be the captoe that launched a thousand ships. So I'm thinking that's a better option, especially since we'll be able to offer the Greeley in Burnished calf, which will look pretty similar color-wise.post #2175 of 41111/14/13 at 5:51pmReturn Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1736 Active Users (397 Members and 1339 Guests)
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 10 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 26 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › NYC Meet-Up Tuesday, July 21st 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...