or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 141

post #2101 of 4101
Is anyone interested in the boot that Frank posted?? I would love to have a boot like that in my shoe rotation. Who wants in???????
post #2102 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedWay View Post

Would be great in black calf with a York sole, especially considering how sleek it is

I like that idea as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Austerity Bal boot would look good in this leather:


Indeed it would but it looks superb in that combination. Do you have any information on the maker and the leather?
post #2103 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

I like that idea as well.
Indeed it would but it looks superb in that combination. Do you have any information on the maker and the leather?

Should have included the link in the original post. It's a photo from Carmina's booth post in the MC Pitti thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/330739/pitti-uomo-83-classic-menswear-edition#post_6037053

Don't know exactly what the leather is except for what appears to be a very nice scotch grain.
post #2104 of 4101

I vote for a burgundy shell cordovan version.  Shell is one of Carmina's specialties and the pictures looked absolutely beautiful.  Burgundy is one of the more common shell cordovan colors, but I don't think anyone would argue that an austerity brogue boot is common.

 

I'm less excited by the scotch grain texture, although I'm sure it'll be nice. The austerity brogue has two thin lines and I think a uniform leather surface might show them off better.

 

It's probably a crazy and terrible idea but doing a two-tone version, two different shades of brown, of the boot completely in suede is intriguing.

post #2105 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

I like that idea as well.
Indeed it would but it looks superb in that combination. Do you have any information on the maker and the leather?

Should have included the link in the original post. It's a photo from Carmina's booth post in the MC Pitti thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/330739/pitti-uomo-83-classic-menswear-edition#post_6037053

Don't know exactly what the leather is except for what appears to be a very nice scotch grain.

 

If you are interested in this boot have a squiz in the Carmina Shoo Porn thread. I believe someone already has a batch coming.

post #2106 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Got some live pics of the Austerity Bal Boot!

And I reserved some stock in Navy Shell too, so we can certainly add that in. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





YES PLEASE icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I'll be all over that one for sure! Is there any way I could pay the pre-order but hold off on confirming size until the rerun of black scotch grains show up so I can be 100% sure my guestimated sizing was right? biggrin.gif
post #2107 of 4101
I like the boot in scotch grain calf, would cop if done mto
post #2108 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


It's a new model - the PTB on the rain last. Done in Navy Shell. Imagine this handsome guy with aged brass eyelets and a medium brown sole for some contrast... I've got about enough Navy Shell to do 8 Bal boots and another 8-10 shoes.

Definitely in for one of the navy shell makeups. What did you have in mind for the shoes, a different lasted PTB or something entirely different?

Either way, I do like the idea of a brown sole for the contrast.
post #2109 of 4101
How would navy shell age? Also, what's the price on the bal boot? (Yes I know it depends on material but would like range please) smile.gif
post #2110 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

And now this is a bit unrelated, but it really jumped out at me. You guys have already seen quite a few of the mighty pretty shoes in the Carmina boot. But this one was sitting there on the shelf, quietly calling my name:


It's a new model - the PTB on the rain last. Done in Navy Shell. Imagine this handsome guy with aged brass eyelets and a medium brown sole for some contrast... I've got about enough Navy Shell to do 8 Bal boots and another 8-10 shoes.

The Rain last PTB looks awesome! I hope that you'll stock this PTB in some conventional colors in the future. As much as I love how navy shoes look, I don't think I could use more than two pairs. And I'm already at three pairs of navy shoes now...
post #2111 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

How would navy shell age? Also, what's the price on the bal boot? (Yes I know it depends on material but would like range please) smile.gif

I think the calf bal boots have been $695, and shell were either $895 or $925. Austerity should be similarly, if not identically, priced.

post #2112 of 4101
Curious to know what folks are doing for toe protection on their Carmina's? Or is there no value added since they already have a few nails?
post #2113 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by STK_astoria View Post

Curious to know what folks are doing for toe protection on their Carmina's? Or is there no value added since they already have a few nails?

 

 

Sunken metal taps all around. My one pair of AEs has them as well, and the Ruby captoes are having them done right now.

 

post #2114 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

^ The Austerity looks amazing! Snuff sounds like fun, but does anyone know what Carmina's burnished tan calf looks like?

Also, leather soles all the way; let the snowy weather guys buy overshoes or something devil.gif

Burnished tan is beautiful from Carmina - we just did a shoe in it:



This would be AWESOME in that boot, especially with the burnishing at the toe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

+1
As much I like the idea of ruby shell and snuff suede, I think burgundy would be much more practical.

Agreed, this is unreal in Burgundy, just as sampled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Even I don't like how repetitive I'm getting on this, but ... all black calf and York or dainite sole.

Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Is anyone interested in the boot that Frank posted?? I would love to have a boot like that in my shoe rotation. Who wants in???????

So, I asked about that. The leather there is called "Lama," which is a soft tumbled calfskin. You guys may have seen our Fitzgerald shortwing in the grey version of this leather. It's excellent, but the supplier recently went out of business. They may have enough to make a few pieces up, but I'll have to find out. In person it's pretty close in tone to caramel calfskin, so it might be a bit of a duplication there.

Okay, so how about this for the makeup list to offer for this first round:

1. Black Calf with Black Dainite Sole
2. Burnished Tan with a medium brown leather sole
3. Burgundy Shell Cordovan with Leather sole (but maybe a lighter edge than the pictured boot?)
4. Navy Shell Cordovan with a medium brown leather sole
5. Snuff Suede with a medium brown leather sole

We'll only need six units per leather to do it, and I think that we'll hit this without a problem on each of these. We can do the preorders next week and shoot for an early May delivery on them. We can then run a bunch of other ideas for the Fall!

We all just received a price increase from Carmina, but it's not too bad. I have to raise prices about 5% on all my merchandise in 2013 though. I'll get the exact pricing in a week or two, but I imagine that the calf will be about $765 with shoe trees and shell will be $965 with shoe trees.
post #2115 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

So, I asked about that. The leather there is called "Lama," which is a soft tumbled calfskin. You guys may have seen our Fitzgerald shortwing in the grey version of this leather. It's excellent, but the supplier recently went out of business. They may have enough to make a few pieces up, but I'll have to find out. In person it's pretty close in tone to caramel calfskin, so it might be a bit of a duplication there.

Ok Ty for the info. I posted in the carmina p0rn thread and there are a few guys interested in a boot of that style on forest last with possibly a rubber/York sole.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO