or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 139

post #2071 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


Final sample of the austerity brogue bal boot is ready and approved. Feast your eyes on it made up in Burgundy shell! Lots more pics to come tomorrow.

I thought the bal boot was going to be tan calf?
post #2072 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post

From the SF front page, Carmina at Pitti:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1000

 

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/330739/lightbox/post/6035141/id/632450

 

Of note: Aligator (?) dub monk and captoe bal down toward the right look incredible and incredibly wearable. Midnight/dark blue tassel loafer looks very handsome middle right; looks shell-ish. Nice specs in the middle, too. Also, I'd take that suede chukka in a sleeker last over the Alden equivalent any day... Maybe snuff suede for spring?

The monks and the captoe look like lizard, and those tassels are definitely green. Might want to get your eyes checked, bud wink.gif

post #2073 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedWay View Post

Any chance to know when/ if the bal boot could be offered? I'd live to jump on in black calf

Black calf would be great but I still like Rob's idea of a black bal boot with a gray suede shaft.
post #2074 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

The monks and the captoe look like lizard, and those tassels are definitely green. Might want to get your eyes checked, bud wink.gif

 

Or my laptop screen! Color looks more correct on my iPhone. laugh.gif

 

Good call on the lizard. Looks excellent either way.

post #2075 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


Final sample of the austerity brogue bal boot is ready and approved. Feast your eyes on it made up in Burgundy shell! Lots more pics to come tomorrow.

Looks fantastic! It seems like there isn't consensus about what materials to use, so would it be possible to offer a couple of versions of the MTO for the first round? I'm still most interested in black calf with dover sole but totally understand that others would like to do something a bit more interesting.
post #2076 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post


Looks fantastic! It seems like there isn't consensus about what materials to use, so would it be possible to offer a couple of versions of the MTO for the first round? I'm still most interested in black calf with dover sole but totally understand that others would like to do something a bit more interesting.

Mike previously stated that the Austerity boot will be rolled out with at least two (maybe three; I don't remember) different styles, hence the lists we're all making. Ruby was one of the earliest ideas, and I think that's as close to locked down as any of the styles are, but Mike is definitely planning some other colors/materials.

 

Edit: Also, what's a dover sole?

post #2077 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

Mike previously stated that the Austerity boot will be rolled out with at least two (maybe three; I don't remember) different styles, hence the lists we're all making. Ruby was one of the earliest ideas, and I think that's as close to locked down as any of the styles are, but Mike is definitely planning some other colors/materials.

I forgot that Mike had said that. Thanks for the reminder.
Quote:
Edit: Also, what's a dover sole?

I meant York sole. The one that's partial dainite and partial leather.
post #2078 of 4102
Anyone up for a straight tip captoe balmoral shoe like the one on the right from the front page? I would go for any shell color (this appears to be ruby).

http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/8c/900x900px-LL-8c021f82_Pitti83_Day1_B11_Carmina.jpeg
post #2079 of 4102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post
I meant York sole. The one that's partial dainite and partial leather.

 

Would have been one crazy ass boot otherwise. biggrin.gif http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microstomus_pacificus

post #2080 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Anyone up for a straight tip captoe balmoral shoe like the one on the right from the front page? I would go for any shell color (this appears to be ruby).
http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/8c/900x900px-LL-8c021f82_Pitti83_Day1_B11_Carmina.jpeg

I might be up for a lighter brown shell shade (saddle? cognac?) or on the less formal side, natural chromexcel calf.
post #2081 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concub1ne View Post

Would have been one crazy ass boot otherwise. biggrin.gif
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microstomus_pacificus

^ Exotic!
post #2082 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

I meant York sole. The one that's partial dainite and partial leather.

You might want to consider the dainite, it looks SUPER seksy on an all black boot.

The final sample looks sweet! I can't decide what makeup I want though... I'm leaning towards Ruby, it looked fantastic on those full brogued cap toes but I can't decide if it would be too striking for such a sleek boot.
post #2083 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post



Final sample of the austerity brogue bal boot is ready and approved. Feast your eyes on it made up in Burgundy shell! Lots more pics to come tomorrow.

Brown shell + Dainite sole = SOLD! smile.gif

I wear shell boots exclusively in winter, and I already have them in black, oxblood, and burgundy. Need brown.
post #2084 of 4102

^ That one is burgundy.

post #2085 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

^ That one is burgundy.

I know. I'm just hoping there would be a brown option. I'd take black, too. Could use a 2nd pair of black shell boots.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO