I'm itching for my navy!
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 134post #1996 of 411512/31/12 at 1:24pmpost #1997 of 41151/1/13 at 10:24ampost #1998 of 41151/1/13 at 2:19pmQuote:
Absolutely love the shoes and your ensemble, but for the love of God, the short jacket fad is getting out of hand. Now the length goes to belt line? To each his own, but this trend I never saw and will never get. Three years from now though, the fashionistas of LVMH, Prada and all sub labels will reverse. Style always trumps fashion- and I'm not slighting you as you pull it off very well. Maybe I'm jealous, who knowspost #1999 of 41151/1/13 at 2:59pmpost #2000 of 41151/1/13 at 3:00pmpost #2001 of 41151/1/13 at 3:13pmpost #2002 of 41151/1/13 at 3:19pmpost #2003 of 41151/1/13 at 4:50pmpost #2004 of 41151/1/13 at 4:51pmpost #2005 of 41151/1/13 at 5:11pmQuote:
I don't think he's headed to a board meeting in that particular outfit. He has proper suits for that. I don't disagree that there's a need for proper suits/conventional rules.post #2006 of 41151/1/13 at 5:17pmpost #2007 of 41151/1/13 at 6:04pmQuote:
You are correct, but I never said " timeless and classic". I follow an orthodoxy of style, which hardly makes my approach the "right" one; however, if you do follow general convention of style, not fashion, certain things are immutable laws. If you are into fashion, God bless. It really is however, a strange phenomena that jackets have gotten so short. It is the culture and engine of fashion to shake things up, and to do so on a short cycle. So, if you want to follow a trend go for it. But you will hardly be in control of your own sense of style, if the designers dictate what is "in". The length of a suit has not changed in 60 yrs. You would have looked so strange even 6 yrs ago to wear a jacket that short. Now, the license has been given to do so, as the trend makers have deemed it. I sound like a cranky SOB, and truly don't mean to judge, but that is exactly what I am doing. Sorry, it isn't an "old school" thing, or an AAAC trad ethic. it is the Emporer's new clothes, but I really should bite my tongue, as this is a great thread and Mike and Adele have done phenomenal things with Carmina. The shorter the better! Cheerspost #2008 of 41151/1/13 at 6:47pmpost #2009 of 41151/1/13 at 6:47pmpost #2010 of 41151/1/13 at 6:55pmReturn Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Currently, there are 1225 Active Users (184 Members and 1041 Guests)
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?