or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 134

post #1996 of 4101
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm itching for my navy!
post #1997 of 4101
Cross posting from the Epaulet thread. PS the blazer is intended to be short, it's by Thom.

Pythons today:


post #1998 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Cross posting from the Epaulet thread. PS the blazer is intended to be short, it's by Thom.
Pythons today:



Absolutely love the shoes and your ensemble, but for the love of God, the short jacket fad is getting out of hand. Now the length goes to belt line? To each his own, but this trend I never saw and will never get. Three years from now though, the fashionistas of LVMH, Prada and all sub labels will reverse. Style always trumps fashion- and I'm not slighting you as you pull it off very well. Maybe I'm jealous, who knows
post #1999 of 4101
^Like stated, Thom Browne's jackets are super short on purpose. This is my 'play' blazer. I have more traditional jackets too smile.gif I'm only 27, let me wear some weird stuff before I have kids icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2000 of 4101
Something something "classic and timeless" something something Ask Andy.
post #2001 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Cross posting from the Epaulet thread. PS the blazer is intended to be short, it's by Thom.
Pythons today:


 

Every python fit pic pushes me closer to signing me up for the next round. My resolve is waning...

post #2002 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

Every python fit pic pushes me closer to signing me up for the next round. My resolve is waning...

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was thinking they would be too ridiculous for me but seeing them in the wild makes them look rather delish
post #2003 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Something something "classic and timeless" something something Ask Andy.
Knew that reply was coming. Write back in a few years when you've sold yours, and explain why. " It ain't what udders b wearin now" something something
post #2004 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

^Like stated, Thom Browne's jackets are super short on purpose. This is my 'play' blazer. I have more traditional jackets too smile.gif I'm only 27, let me wear some weird stuff before I have kids

Now i feel guilty. As I said, you pull it off and love the shoes
post #2005 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken4me View Post

Knew that reply was coming. Write back in a few years when you've sold yours, and explain why. " It ain't what udders b wearin now" something something

I don't think he's headed to a board meeting in that particular outfit. He has proper suits for that. fistbump.gif I don't disagree that there's a need for proper suits/conventional rules.
post #2006 of 4101
I don't think every item in a wardrobe needs to be timeless and classic. Definitely worth having some fun with whatever happens to suit your tastes of a moment.

And those python look outstanding wj4.
post #2007 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I don't think every item in a wardrobe needs to be timeless and classic. Definitely worth having some fun with whatever happens to suit your tastes of a moment.
And those python look outstanding wj4.

You are correct, but I never said " timeless and classic". I follow an orthodoxy of style, which hardly makes my approach the "right" one; however, if you do follow general convention of style, not fashion, certain things are immutable laws. If you are into fashion, God bless. It really is however, a strange phenomena that jackets have gotten so short. It is the culture and engine of fashion to shake things up, and to do so on a short cycle. So, if you want to follow a trend go for it. But you will hardly be in control of your own sense of style, if the designers dictate what is "in". The length of a suit has not changed in 60 yrs. You would have looked so strange even 6 yrs ago to wear a jacket that short. Now, the license has been given to do so, as the trend makers have deemed it. I sound like a cranky SOB, and truly don't mean to judge, but that is exactly what I am doing. Sorry, it isn't an "old school" thing, or an AAAC trad ethic. it is the Emporer's new clothes, but I really should bite my tongue, as this is a great thread and Mike and Adele have done phenomenal things with Carmina. The shorter the better! Cheers
post #2008 of 4101
^All fair enough and especially the fact that timeless and classic were absolutely not your words.
post #2009 of 4101

anyone interested in doing a makeup of some suede desert boots for the spring?  Snuff Suede with a York sole or double leather sole would be fantastic.  Simpson or Rain last??

post #2010 of 4101
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

anyone interested in doing a makeup of some suede desert boots for the spring?  Snuff Suede with a York sole or double leather sole would be fantastic.  Simpson or Rain last??
Always interested. What style toe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO