And here are the results as of this morning for anyone who has had trouble viewing the spreadsheet
. Link should be available to anyone, without signing in to Google. Once again, let me know if this doesn't work.
And, since it looks like we've got strong support for the balmoral boot and the jodphur, may I suggest that we move ahead with the details of each makeup? I'll be happy to create new forms to collect information, if that suits people. If there's another method preferred, I'm not offended.
I think we can start collecting details on the makeups to narrow things down even further.
The details that I can think of, in no particular order, are:
- Last (Robert for the bal, ?? for the jodphur)
- Leather is obviously cordovan in both cases.
- Color (I can retrieve the options Mike listed and insert these)
- Edge trim color (We probably need to decide on some standard terms here)
- Lacing/fastening options (i.e. speed hooks for the bal, buckle color for the jodphur, anything else?)
- Sole material (double leather or Dainite)
- Welting (Need to make sure we have our terms straight here)
- Toe decoration (straight/perf cap for the bal, plain or medallion for the jodphur)
In re. the shoe makeups, seems like the short wing is the only one with some momentum among the options I listed. Since I'm only interested in the boot, I'd like to delegate this topic to someone among the MTO shoe aficionados, if I may. I think you may move along faster that way.