or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 130

post #1936 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Onto the nu shooz! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Bradbury Perforated Captoe Boot Ruby Shell Cordovan: $895
Radiant Ruby shell in a dressy captoe boot.

Rand Single Monk Cognac Shell Cordovan: $825
This is an excluisve makeup for us - we spec'd this awesome single monk on the comfortable Rain last.

Steinbeck Shortwing Boot Burgundy Shell Cordovan: $895
Our tough wingtip boot in gorgeous burg shell.

These three are teh seks!

I think you missed saying what last the Bradbury is on though, at least I couldn't find it in the listing's description.
post #1937 of 4103
Finally got to open my Ruby MTO this morning. Thanks Mike for these awesome shoes and especially for the A+ size recommendation for the Queens Last. Sizing up was the thing to do. They are a little loose in the heel but a whole size down would have made these unwearable.
post #1938 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoto View Post


These three are teh seks!
I think you missed saying what last the Bradbury is on though, at least I couldn't find it in the listing's description.

 

The Bradbury is on the Forest last (the same last used in the wingtip boots, long/shortwing and the Alt Wien). It's a great last and general fits most people very well. The ruby shell is also... drool.gif

post #1939 of 4103
Is this Forest Last the EE width or E width?
post #1940 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post

Is this Forest Last the EE width or E width?

 

The Forest is a standard E width. It's possible to order the Forest in wide sizes, however.

post #1941 of 4103
Snakey and Ruby.
Wifey reaction: "those are awesome" between fits of laughter.


Wifey reaction.
Wifey: Those are nice. What's so special about them.
Me: They're shell. *Ruby* shell.
Wifey: So you killed another horse.
post #1942 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Wifey reaction.
Wifey: Those are nice. What's so special about them.
Me: They're shell. *Ruby* shell.
Wifey: So you killed another horse.

That last comment had me laughing out loud; give my regards to the wife! And lovely fit pics, too; I love the slightly pinkish hue of the ruby in your photo, and those pythons are simply juicy.

post #1943 of 4103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Snakey and Ruby.
Wifey reaction: "those are awesome" between fits of laughter.

Wifey reaction.
Wifey: Those are nice. What's so special about them.
Me: They're shell. *Ruby* shell.
Wifey: So you killed another horse.

love it
post #1944 of 4103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Hey guys!
I imagine that most of you have seen this already, but here's the full lineup of Carmina's that we received - all posted below.
For another bit of good news - we've got another massive shipment en-route from Spain as we speak. It flew last Friday, and I see a bunch of navy - both calfskin and shell cordovan - on the manifest. We're going to fight like hell to get it here before Christmas, but if we miss that date, then we'll definitely get it between Christmas and New Years.
Onto the nu shooz!

Bradbury Perforated Captoe Boot Ruby Shell Cordovan: $895
Radiant Ruby shell in a dressy captoe boot. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Rand Single Monk Cognac Shell Cordovan: $825
This is an excluisve makeup for us - we spec'd this awesome single monk on the comfortable Rain last.
Steinbeck Shortwing Boot Burgundy Shell Cordovan: $895
Our tough wingtip boot in gorgeous burg shell.

amazing. also love the brass speedhooks on the Steinbeck
post #1945 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Snakey and Ruby.
Wifey reaction: "those are awesome" between fits of laughter.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wifey reaction.
Wifey: Those are nice. What's so special about them.
Me: They're shell. *Ruby* shell.
Wifey: So you killed another horse.

How does a man get to the point where he can confidently wear shoes like this? Don't get me wrong -- the shoes are incredible, and I admire anyone who can wear them without being self conscious. I just know I couldn't, but I'm curious to hear zippyh and others' thoughts.
post #1946 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

How does a man get to the point where he can confidently wear shoes like this? Don't get me wrong -- the shoes are incredible, and I admire anyone who can wear them without being self conscious. I just know I couldn't, but I'm curious to hear zippyh and others' thoughts.
I really don't understand why it's so difficult to 'pull' them off? It's not like you're wearing a leather skirt or anything. The most important thing a man can wear is confidence.

Zippy: I'm truly jealous of your Ruby Shell. I hope Mike does another run of Ruby Shell shoes...me want.
post #1947 of 4103
Thread Starter 
i would get so much shit for wearing those colored pythons at work. such is the life of a tax consultant frown.gif

maybe if i took an offer with that start-up..

z, fit looks spot on those pythons
post #1948 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post


How does a man get to the point where he can confidently wear shoes like this? Don't get me wrong -- the shoes are incredible, and I admire anyone who can wear them without being self conscious. I just know I couldn't, but I'm curious to hear zippyh and others' thoughts.

I don't have my ruby brogues (yet...they come tomorrow), but my first big step out of what's "normal" was probably my double monks from Epaulet. Wearing them was kind of weird the first time, because they were my only my second pair of nice leather shoes, and they were a bit "out there."

 

My friends gave me shit for them for a little while, but I felt nothing but love for the shoes after my first time wearing them, and my friends soon clammed up; some of them now even compliment the same monks at which they used to laugh. Now putting on monks (and I'm sure those ruby brogues, or the ruby bal boots in a few months) is fun, because being different is fun. Loads of people think that classically-inclined menswear has to be boring, and it's exciting to know that people look at you and think, "He looks good...but I have no idea what he's wearing."

 

And that, friends, is why I'm definitely hopping on a python re-run, if it ever comes about biggrin.gif

post #1949 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

I don't have my ruby brogues (yet...they come tomorrow), but my first big step out of what's "normal" was probably my double monks from Epaulet. Wearing them was kind of weird the first time, because they were my only my second pair of nice leather shoes, and they were a bit "out there."

My friends gave me shit for them for a little while, but I felt nothing but love for the shoes after my first time wearing them, and my friends soon clammed up; some of them now even compliment the same monks at which they used to laugh. Now putting on monks (and I'm sure those ruby brogues, or the ruby bal boots in a few months) is fun, because being different is fun. Loads of people think that classically-inclined menswear has to be boring, and it's exciting to know that people look at you and think, "He looks good...but I have no idea what he's wearing."

And that, friends, is why I'm definitely hopping on a python re-run, if it ever comes about biggrin.gif

That's interesting, because while I was self conscious at first wearing brogues or tassel loafers (I used to, but now prefer pennies), I've never actually been criticized for wearing them. Then again, most people have seen those styles before, but I've only seen monks a few times in the wild.

I agree that it's natural to become more confident after wearing a new style for a while, and more confident to try other styles -- but where does one go after conquering python brogues? smile.gif
post #1950 of 4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i would get so much shit for wearing those colored pythons at work. such is the life of a tax consultant frown.gif

maybe if i took an offer with that start-up..

z, fit looks spot on those pythons

Same here only replace tax consultant with engineer.

Oddly enough, the footwear that has gotten the most comments here has been when I wore some Alden chukkas.
There was a big discussion on whether they're shoes or boots. One guy was insisting they were "hybrid shoes".
This is the guy who has been wearing boat shoes with white Thorlo socks every day for the past few years.

TBH, I have no idea when I'm going to wear the pythons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO