Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 5/3/16 at 5:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 8/23/16 at 2:55am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 121post #1802 of 411811/30/12 at 4:20pmpost #1803 of 411811/30/12 at 4:42pmpost #1804 of 411812/2/12 at 10:10amGreat ideas so far!
Carmina is finalizing the pattern, but they told me that I can place orders against it ASAP. I requested some more photos of the boot from every angle so that you guys can see it, and I can properly mock it up.
So, I think that a few shell colors are a given. We'll certainly offer:
I think that suede will be crucial here too. I'd add Snuff suede into that batch.
Outside of that, let's refine some calfskin options. I think that doing a solid calf version would be great - and there we'd have the choice of Black, Chocolate, Burgundy, or Caramel.
And, definitely a cool two-tone makeup. Either a calf/suede, suede/shell, or calf/scotch. I'll work on a few mockups in this direction once I get the images.
All looks good with the planned Carmina delivery on Tuesday. I'll let you guys know and post some photos as soon as the delivery arrives. We'll also work on invoicing MTO clients for the balance and getting everyone's orders shipped out pronto. They'll be a few surprise new styles in there as wellpost #1805 of 411812/2/12 at 11:03ampost #1806 of 411812/2/12 at 11:27ampost #1807 of 411812/2/12 at 8:29pmpost #1808 of 411812/2/12 at 9:45pmQuote:
Sigh. Me, too. Mike never fails to surprise (and impress). Can't wait for those Ruby brogues.
As for the austerity boot, it'll be a tough call between Cognac and Ruby for the shell option. Black calf for the all-calf option sounds lovely, and I think a calf/Scotchgrain would be quite nice for a combo; we've had a few calf/suede makeups already, and (just my opinion) I don't like the idea of calf/shell mixes.post #1809 of 411812/3/12 at 8:36ampost #1810 of 411812/3/12 at 9:21amQuote:
Yes, the 922 wingtip is one of the pairs I got. I don't think they're chunky at all, but people's views on this kind of thing are pretty subjective. I think the Armoury's pictures are pretty accurate. If I get a chance when there's decent light, I'll try to take a picture for you.post #1811 of 411812/3/12 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
Yes, the 922 wingtip is one of the pairs I got. I don't think they're chunky at all, but people's views on this kind of thing are pretty subjective. I think the Armoury's pictures are pretty accurate. If I get a chance when there's decent light, I'll try to take a picture for you.
Great, thanks!!post #1812 of 411812/4/12 at 7:46ampost #1813 of 411812/4/12 at 8:11ampost #1814 of 411812/5/12 at 6:55ampost #1815 of 411812/5/12 at 7:59amQuote:
I know he's mentioned since the web site revamp that he has fallen behind in the PMs...and he'd try to catch up. Just give the store a buzz if its urgent, they're always polite, helpful and friendly.Return Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 17 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Winter boots that aren't ugly 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge September 2nd 2016 - the #menswear aficionado 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 27 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding