Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina GMTO Last post on 12/26/15 at 8:06am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 120post #1786 of 411511/30/12 at 2:38ampost #1787 of 411511/30/12 at 3:23ampost #1788 of 411511/30/12 at 5:19ampost #1789 of 411511/30/12 at 7:38ampost #1790 of 411511/30/12 at 8:09amQuote:
black calf, black suede, york or dainite sole. robert last. The perfect bad weather dress boot.post #1791 of 411511/30/12 at 9:03ampost #1792 of 411511/30/12 at 10:06amQuote:
Suede on a bad weather boot? I don't think so, Tim.
Anyway, I'm excited to see that Ruby brogue for the first time. The Austerity bal boot looks pretty killer, and I'll almost definitely pick one up if we do a run in Ruby as mentioned earlier.post #1793 of 411511/30/12 at 10:17ampost #1794 of 411511/30/12 at 10:23amQuote:
Plain black calf would be great too. Carmina makes killer black shoes, I have a brogue and a plain captoe from the armoury. Polish with navy wax.
Suede would be the upper. I would hope someone wouldn't be walking in snow or crap high enough to cover the suede. For that get L.L. Beans. The suede would presumuably be covered by pants. Suede is better in bad weather than you think. Salt messes it up, but salt messes up everything and this would be the upper.post #1795 of 411511/30/12 at 10:56ampost #1796 of 411511/30/12 at 2:15pmpost #1797 of 411511/30/12 at 2:19pmpost #1798 of 411511/30/12 at 2:28pmQuote:
This...I think suede is way tougher and more all-weather than people give it credit for...much more durable than calf in my opinion.post #1799 of 411511/30/12 at 2:47pmQuote:
I agree. I have a wingtip on the Rain last and a captoe on the Forest last, both black calf directly from the Carmina web store (though I haven't tried navy polish).post #1800 of 411511/30/12 at 3:00pmQuote:
I just got two pairs of black shoes from Carmina as well (both plain-toed - a two eyelet derby on the Rain last and a wholecut on the Inca last). I haven't yet tried navy polish but I think that will really bring out the colour.Return Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 8 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 58 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 12 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 18 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...