or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 113

post #1681 of 4064
On Carmina's site the 10016 is on the Soller last. It looks to be a bit sleeker than the Soller, from the pics. And I've talked with the people at Trading Post, and they don't handle the Soller. Maybe someone with a sharper eye for Carmina lasts will chime in?

Roguls, ideas for a makeup? I'm really in the market for something brown-red.
post #1682 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padron View Post


Wow, loving those.........Any more of those Black Scotchgrains to be had? I need a 9.5D or 9D if they fit like the Barrie last
Are the Sccotchgrain Shell or Calf or combination?

Scotchgrain are all Calf.

post #1683 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

Scotchgrain are all Calf.

Thanks! We need to do another run of the Black Scotchgrain and the Chocolate Calf / Brown Suede
post #1684 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Oh they sure did! We're combing through everything today and will send invoices shortly. In the meantime....

My boots will be here on Tue. and I can't wait. I do have a question though. Do you think the chocolate calf that these boots are made with is the same color of the original boot that this was patterned after? Here is a pic of the original:
When comparing the two it almost makes the Epaulet version look more burgundy. I'm sure that the calfskin will darken with a few coats of dark brown cream. Either way these are beautiful!

post #1685 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

My boots will be here on Tue. and I can't wait. I do have a question though. Do you think the chocolate calf that these boots are made with is the same color of the original boot that this was patterned after? Here is a pic of the original:
When comparing the two it almost makes the Epaulet version look more burgundy. I'm sure that the calfskin will darken with a few coats of dark brown cream. Either way these are beautiful! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Oh yes, it's the same. The difference is in the color temps on the pictures. Our photo is a little hot (overhead overcast light), theirs is a little cold (window light). In reality, the boots are very much a dark brown and not burgundy at all.
post #1686 of 4064
Hey guys!

Here's a quick update from my side on everything:

1. We're invoicing everyone and packing as many Balmoral boots as possible this weekend. If your boots didn't ship on Friday, then they should on Tuesday.

2. Waiting on status for the Python Austerity Brogues and Navy Shell Double Monks - I'll be back in touch on those as soon as I hear.

3. Thanks to everyone who's preordering the Ruby Shell Bal's! On Monday, I'm going to get an exact, confirmed count of how much leather we have (I was told 6-8 units). Once I hear that, I'll set up the preorder item for everyone on the list and we'll get the order finalized and sent this week.

4. I took a full suite of photos for all three Balmoral boots (studio and outdoor). I think that we should absolutely do another run of the Black Scotch and Two Tone Brown boots for a late Feb delivery. They'll both be brilliant for that time frame.

5. The Alt Wien is selling like crazy! Carmina really outdid themselves with that style. I'm going to keep the current shoe in stock, but we should definitely think about some crazy makeups on that.

6. I'm going to put in my first Spring stock order next week and I'll detail what's getting bought. If anyone needs a Forest last wide or an size smaller than 7UK / larger than 11UK, we can do a special order for you and tack it onto the delivery.

Thanks!
Mike
post #1687 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Hey guys!
Here's a quick update from my side on everything:
1. We're invoicing everyone and packing as many Balmoral boots as possible this weekend. If your boots didn't ship on Friday, then they should on Tuesday.
2. Waiting on status for the Python Austerity Brogues and Navy Shell Double Monks - I'll be back in touch on those as soon as I hear.
3. Thanks to everyone who's preordering the Ruby Shell Bal's! On Monday, I'm going to get an exact, confirmed count of how much leather we have (I was told 6-8 units). Once I hear that, I'll set up the preorder item for everyone on the list and we'll get the order finalized and sent this week.
4. I took a full suite of photos for all three Balmoral boots (studio and outdoor). I think that we should absolutely do another run of the Black Scotch and Two Tone Brown boots for a late Feb delivery. They'll both be brilliant for that time frame.
5. The Alt Wien is selling like crazy! Carmina really outdid themselves with that style. I'm going to keep the current shoe in stock, but we should definitely think about some crazy makeups on that.
6. I'm going to put in my first Spring stock order next week and I'll detail what's getting bought. If anyone needs a Forest last wide or an size smaller than 7UK / larger than 11UK, we can do a special order for you and tack it onto the delivery.
Thanks!
Mike

Maybe a makeup of that new badass jumper boot you have?

Do you have any other colors coming in? Black?
post #1688 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


5. The Alt Wien is selling like crazy! Carmina really outdid themselves with that style.
 

Those look amazing. I almost wish we could have order last month's ruby captoes to look more like the alt wien.

post #1689 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

5. The Alt Wien is selling like crazy! Carmina really outdid themselves with that style. I'm going to keep the current shoe in stock, but we should definitely think about some crazy makeups on that.

Does Carmina have a shell darker than cognac? That would be nice.

What about grey suede?
post #1690 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Hey guys!
Here's a quick update from my side on everything:
5. The Alt Wien is selling like crazy! Carmina really outdid themselves with that style. I'm going to keep the current shoe in stock, but we should definitely think about some crazy makeups on that.
6. I'm going to put in my first Spring stock order next week and I'll detail what's getting bought. If anyone needs a Forest last wide or an size smaller than 7UK / larger than 11UK, we can do a special order for you and tack it onto the delivery.

Excellent.
post #1691 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

On Carmina's site the 10016 is on the Soller last. It looks to be a bit sleeker than the Soller, from the pics. And I've talked with the people at Trading Post, and they don't handle the Soller. Maybe someone with a sharper eye for Carmina lasts will chime in?
Roguls, ideas for a makeup? I'm really in the market for something brown-red.

The Soller last is the only NST boot that Carmina has as standard on their site, that doesn't mean it can't possibly be another last because they can and do put one model on a different last such as these 732's typically on the forest, seen here on the Simpson. That said I think most of the reason those look 'sleeker' is because of the leather used and the sole/welt choice. The pictures of the 10016 on Carminas website are of brown suede with a crepe sole and storm welt, the last two having a big impact on how that boot looks, it tends to look quite a bit sleeker with a flat welt and double leather or combo sole such as seen here (as a derby), and here.
post #1692 of 4064
To all you guys in Sandy's path be safe and use caution.
post #1693 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Does Carmina have a shell darker than cognac? That would be nice.
What about grey suede?

Black chomexcel!
post #1694 of 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Does Carmina have a shell darker than cognac? That would be nice.
What about grey suede?

Carmina has burgundy (essentially #8) and black shell.
post #1695 of 4064
I'm one of those preorder customers for the chestnut shell balmoral boot but it doesn't look like anyone likes responding to my email inquiries about changing delivery and billing addresses and the like. This is correspondence going back to AUGUST. I really don't want to be $500 in the hole.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO