I vote to do the Austerity Brogue Boot as a Balmoral and wait for an Early Spring delivery. Better to wait and truly get something special.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 3/31/15 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 1 Last post on 2/4/15 at 9:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 7 Last post on 9/7/14 at 7:21am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 93
Styleforum Top Picks
Hey guys, here's a big update from my side:
1. The Inca Last Caramel Medallion Wholecut is up for preorder now:
Special Order Caramel Calf Medallion Wholecut DEPOSIT
As always, please feel free to hit me off with any size questions. The Inca last is a very easy fit - it's the best-seller of our entire collection.
2. Chocolate Suede / Chocolate Calf Rain Last Jophur is also up:
Special Order Chocolate Suede / Calf Jodphur Boot DEPOSIT
3. Ruby Shell Perf Captoe: We're all good to go with this. I'm just waiting on an exact count of how many shoes we can offer - there's been a lot of interest in it, and I don't want to oversell the preorder if I can avoid it. I'm looking to put this up on Tuesday.
Please note, these three lasts (Inca, Rain, Alcudia) are unfortunately not available in wide fittings, but we may be able to make them in a larger or smaller size than what's listed in the dropdown. I'll be happy to ask if anyone's interested.
In terms of the Balmoral Austerity Brogue boot....
That shape is insane! I absolutely love it!
I spoke with Carmina, and they don't have anything like that in their lineup at the moment. But it is possible for us to commission it, as we did the Sinclair/Steinbeck. Realistically, there's not time enough to do that this year. So we'd have two options for going forward:
FIRST - I'll be happy to work out that design with Carmina and look into an early Spring MTO. With sampling, we could probably look for a delivery in Feb-March of next year. Still plenty of season for boot wearing. Perhaps we do it in a calfskin or suede for maximum Spring wearability.
SECOND - If you guys are open to doing a blucher Austerity rather than a balmoral, we could probably swing that this year. We'd essentially use the Sinclair shape and just remove all of the perforations from it.
I saw the pictures of the Ruby loafer you posted before, but couldn't get a good feel on whether the color would be formal enough to wear with a navy or grey suit? Or would you say this is something that is more casually geared. Just trying to get a better sense of the color(because lighting can change perception so much)
Taking into consideration that Inca comes in only the standard width, my feel is that I should go for 11UK to get the width even if the length isn't ideal. I bet 10.5UK is going to be tight.
Does this sound right?
If you're an 8 1/2 or 10UK in the rain last Carmina's webshop has a couple navy shell wholcuts left.
Yeah I think most of us agree, we'll wait for spring on those to get exactly what we want.
Absolutely. I could order a dozen different blucher boots and have them here by the weekend. And while I love my blucher boots, the idea of an MTO (to me...) is to get something special, somewhat unavailable, etc.
If your talking about a boot similar to the pic...I would rather wait till Spring too!
What so different about the Caramel wholecut that we have to do a MTO...the medallion?
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Three-Piece Tuxedo Suggestion 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Downtown vs. Uptown 10 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Confused with forest last 16 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...