I vote to do the Austerity Brogue Boot as a Balmoral and wait for an Early Spring delivery. Better to wait and truly get something special.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSteph, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 7 Last post on 9/7/14 at 7:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Suggestions for Madrid and Barcelona Last post on 9/4/14 at 7:36pm in Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Final Cut. Carmina Suede Chukka - New with Hand Made Trees - 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 93
Styleforum Top Picks
Hey guys, here's a big update from my side:
1. The Inca Last Caramel Medallion Wholecut is up for preorder now:
Special Order Caramel Calf Medallion Wholecut DEPOSIT
As always, please feel free to hit me off with any size questions. The Inca last is a very easy fit - it's the best-seller of our entire collection.
2. Chocolate Suede / Chocolate Calf Rain Last Jophur is also up:
Special Order Chocolate Suede / Calf Jodphur Boot DEPOSIT
3. Ruby Shell Perf Captoe: We're all good to go with this. I'm just waiting on an exact count of how many shoes we can offer - there's been a lot of interest in it, and I don't want to oversell the preorder if I can avoid it. I'm looking to put this up on Tuesday.
Please note, these three lasts (Inca, Rain, Alcudia) are unfortunately not available in wide fittings, but we may be able to make them in a larger or smaller size than what's listed in the dropdown. I'll be happy to ask if anyone's interested.
In terms of the Balmoral Austerity Brogue boot....
That shape is insane! I absolutely love it!
I spoke with Carmina, and they don't have anything like that in their lineup at the moment. But it is possible for us to commission it, as we did the Sinclair/Steinbeck. Realistically, there's not time enough to do that this year. So we'd have two options for going forward:
FIRST - I'll be happy to work out that design with Carmina and look into an early Spring MTO. With sampling, we could probably look for a delivery in Feb-March of next year. Still plenty of season for boot wearing. Perhaps we do it in a calfskin or suede for maximum Spring wearability.
SECOND - If you guys are open to doing a blucher Austerity rather than a balmoral, we could probably swing that this year. We'd essentially use the Sinclair shape and just remove all of the perforations from it.
I saw the pictures of the Ruby loafer you posted before, but couldn't get a good feel on whether the color would be formal enough to wear with a navy or grey suit? Or would you say this is something that is more casually geared. Just trying to get a better sense of the color(because lighting can change perception so much)
Taking into consideration that Inca comes in only the standard width, my feel is that I should go for 11UK to get the width even if the length isn't ideal. I bet 10.5UK is going to be tight.
Does this sound right?
If you're an 8 1/2 or 10UK in the rain last Carmina's webshop has a couple navy shell wholcuts left.
Yeah I think most of us agree, we'll wait for spring on those to get exactly what we want.
Absolutely. I could order a dozen different blucher boots and have them here by the weekend. And while I love my blucher boots, the idea of an MTO (to me...) is to get something special, somewhat unavailable, etc.
If your talking about a boot similar to the pic...I would rather wait till Spring too!
What so different about the Caramel wholecut that we have to do a MTO...the medallion?
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 53 seconds ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 3 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 16 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...