I vote to do the Austerity Brogue Boot as a Balmoral and wait for an Early Spring delivery. Better to wait and truly get something special.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by GauchoSF, 8/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina GMTO Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 1 Last post on 2/4/15 at 9:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 93post #1382 of 41119/17/12 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys, here's a big update from my side:
1. The Inca Last Caramel Medallion Wholecut is up for preorder now:
Special Order Caramel Calf Medallion Wholecut DEPOSIT
As always, please feel free to hit me off with any size questions. The Inca last is a very easy fit - it's the best-seller of our entire collection.
2. Chocolate Suede / Chocolate Calf Rain Last Jophur is also up:
Special Order Chocolate Suede / Calf Jodphur Boot DEPOSIT
3. Ruby Shell Perf Captoe: We're all good to go with this. I'm just waiting on an exact count of how many shoes we can offer - there's been a lot of interest in it, and I don't want to oversell the preorder if I can avoid it. I'm looking to put this up on Tuesday.
Please note, these three lasts (Inca, Rain, Alcudia) are unfortunately not available in wide fittings, but we may be able to make them in a larger or smaller size than what's listed in the dropdown. I'll be happy to ask if anyone's interested.
In terms of the Balmoral Austerity Brogue boot....
That shape is insane! I absolutely love it!
I spoke with Carmina, and they don't have anything like that in their lineup at the moment. But it is possible for us to commission it, as we did the Sinclair/Steinbeck. Realistically, there's not time enough to do that this year. So we'd have two options for going forward:
FIRST - I'll be happy to work out that design with Carmina and look into an early Spring MTO. With sampling, we could probably look for a delivery in Feb-March of next year. Still plenty of season for boot wearing. Perhaps we do it in a calfskin or suede for maximum Spring wearability.
SECOND - If you guys are open to doing a blucher Austerity rather than a balmoral, we could probably swing that this year. We'd essentially use the Sinclair shape and just remove all of the perforations from it.
I saw the pictures of the Ruby loafer you posted before, but couldn't get a good feel on whether the color would be formal enough to wear with a navy or grey suit? Or would you say this is something that is more casually geared. Just trying to get a better sense of the color(because lighting can change perception so much)post #1383 of 41119/17/12 at 8:56amConsidering the whole cut and wondering about sizing. 10UK Inca was too small for me all around. 10.5UK Forest is a little too narrow. 11UK Forest is comfortable in the width, but longer than necessary. Therefore, ordered a balmoral boot in Forest 10.5UK wide, but won't be able to see how that fits before making a decision on the Inca whole cut.
Taking into consideration that Inca comes in only the standard width, my feel is that I should go for 11UK to get the width even if the length isn't ideal. I bet 10.5UK is going to be tight.
Does this sound right?post #1384 of 41119/17/12 at 10:22ampost #1385 of 41119/17/12 at 10:34ampost #1386 of 41119/17/12 at 1:11pmpost #1387 of 41119/18/12 at 8:32am
If you're an 8 1/2 or 10UK in the rain last Carmina's webshop has a couple navy shell wholcuts left.
http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3857025post #1388 of 41119/18/12 at 8:49ampost #1389 of 41119/18/12 at 9:49ampost #1390 of 41119/19/12 at 4:46pmpost #1391 of 41119/20/12 at 10:36amQuote:
Yeah I think most of us agree, we'll wait for spring on those to get exactly what we want.post #1392 of 41119/20/12 at 10:41amQuote:I agree
Absolutely. I could order a dozen different blucher boots and have them here by the weekend. And while I love my blucher boots, the idea of an MTO (to me...) is to get something special, somewhat unavailable, etc.post #1393 of 41119/20/12 at 11:40amThread Starterpost #1394 of 41119/20/12 at 1:13pmQuote:
If your talking about a boot similar to the pic...I would rather wait till Spring too!
What so different about the Caramel wholecut that we have to do a MTO...the medallion?post #1395 of 41119/21/12 at 7:29amReturn Home
- Epaulet x Carmina MTO
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 33 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › PROXY FOR SUITSUPPLY FROM EUROPE TO WORLDWIDE 20 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 46 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 50 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...