or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 90

post #1336 of 4102
^Does the new spirit of austerity in finance really preclude wearing a pair of red shell/python spectators?smile.gif Kidding of course. But have you had a look at Carmina's web shop? They offer a number of straight forward styles in calf and shell. Of course you may be seeking to influnece EPs stock Carmina program. That would be the place for the most work friendly styles. I think you might even be able to special order a size if it isn't typical or you want to be sure to get ahold of a certain style. Mike can correct me if I'm wrong about this last point. Think it's a matter of letting your needs be known at the right point in the restock cycle.

Seems UnreasonableMan beat me to the Carmina web example. Should learn to be more concise.
post #1337 of 4102

Can the Alcudia last be made in a wide fitting?

post #1338 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

Can we just do 1 pair thats acceptable for a finance guy in NYC? Pretty please?  (Burgundy, Dark Brown, Black) ( wear w/ Gray, Navy Suits)  (Balmoral).   Love these makeups and Im interested in both the ruby captoes, and the caramel wholecuts, but I'll only be able to wear those on fridays at work... 

Well, the other members are right - most of the "basics" are either covered by the Carmina web shop or the Armoury. I think that this thead is probably best suited to doing really special makeups that you wouldn't ordinarily see outside of a single-pair MTO. By pooling everyone's orders here, we can get a quicker delivery and a much cheaper price on something that would be rare or impossible to find off the rack.

That said, we're currently stocking the Ellison captoe, which is an excellent dress shoe. And we'll soon receive the Austerity Brogue in chocolate calfskin, which might be up your alley. I'm open to doing more styles as well if you have any ideas.

It would be great to do a burgundy shoe actually. We ran our first Chelsea boot in Carmina's burgundy calfskin, and it's radiant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moocow9 View Post

Can the Alcudia last be made in a wide fitting?

Unfortunately no, only the Forest last is available in wide.

I shot an email to Carmina to get an exact count of how many Ruby shell pieces we can make. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow and we can get this rolling on Thursday.
post #1339 of 4102

Well, I've been meeting and getting phone numbers from plenty of nice, pretty girls at my new school, but it looks like this weekend's activities will be "Pay for Ruby shell deposit," followed by "sit on now-broke butt in dorm."

 

No regrets. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #1340 of 4102
would love to see mikes mock up of the ruby.

anyone have a comparison picture of the ruby shell?
post #1341 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

would love to see mikes mock up of the ruby.
anyone have a comparison picture of the ruby shell?

From Mike's post a few pages back: (the loafer is in Ruby shell)

 

 

post #1342 of 4102
Thread Starter 
someone here had asked a question about the thickness of carmina rubber dainite versus the actual Dainite outsole. Carmina has a significantly thinner profile

post #1343 of 4102
I'm a huge monk fan, so I am pulling for a single buckle monk as an upcoming makeup.
post #1344 of 4102
Thread Starter 
Size US 11 burgundy shell single monk on ebay. Great price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carmina-Shoemaker-Cordovan-Monk-Strap-Horween-Color-8-UK-10-US-11-D-/280954690530?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item416a345be2

would love this in ruby red but maybe next time
Edited by NAMOR - 9/10/12 at 11:07pm
post #1345 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

someone here had asked a question about the thickness of carmina rubber dainite versus the actual Dainite outsole. Carmina has a significantly thinner profile

Namor, what are those black boots... those are nice...

post #1346 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

someone here had asked a question about the thickness of carmina rubber dainite versus the actual Dainite outsole. Carmina has a significantly thinner profile

Never mind, my mistake, those are your Navy shell boots.... gorgeous!

post #1347 of 4102
Has there been any discussion of a midnight calf double monk on the Rain last?
post #1348 of 4102
Although I don't own any Carmina shoes (yet) and usually post in MC, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time because I love the ideas being kicked around. I love shell cordovan and, although I've been looking for a cordovan (ruby) austerity brogue for a long time (no one offers one as part of their mainline and IMO, an austerity brogue is the perfect shoe to show off shell cordovan), I'll probably go for the punched captoe.

Just to prime the pump for the next special order, I'm also looking for a snuff suede monkstrap or double monk, an austerity brogue in some shade of cordovan (and ideally shell cordovan), and the right winter boots (with some type of Dainite sole), so I'm going to continue lurking and maybe posting occasionally.
post #1349 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post

Although I don't own any Carmina shoes (yet) and usually post in MC, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time because I love the ideas being kicked around. I love shell cordovan and, although I've been looking for a cordovan (ruby) austerity brogue for a long time (no one offers one as part of their mainline and IMO, an austerity brogue is the perfect shoe to show off shell cordovan), I'll probably go for the punched captoe.

Just to prime the pump for the next special order, I'm also looking for a snuff suede monkstrap or double monk, an austerity brogue in some shade of cordovan (and ideally shell cordovan), and the right winter boots (with some type of Dainite sole), so I'm going to continue lurking and maybe posting occasionally.

Ummm, how long have you been lurking? There's been a snuff suede double monk (still some stock left on Epaulet's web shop) and several winter boots.. with some sort of dainite sole.
post #1350 of 4102
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnreasonableMan View Post

Ummm, how long have you been lurking? There's been a snuff suede double monk (still some stock left on Epaulet's web shop) and several winter boots.. with some sort of dainite sole.

And a snuff suede austerity brogue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO