Okay, just to check in, here's everything from my side:
1. Bal Boots (Cognac Shell, Black Scotch, Choc/Calf Suede) and Python Austerity Brogues are all fully in work. We'll have a delivery around 9/25 and one around 10/20. I'm working to get them in for the Sept shipment, but if not, they'll absolutely be in the October delivery.
2. Navy Shell Styles (Austerity Brogue and Double Monk) are waiting on leather. Horween said that they have it, but it's not in Carmina's hands yet. We're still looking good for 10/20, as Carmina has promised to bump this production up to the top of the list once the skins come in. But I'll be in contact on that regarding any further delays.
3. Midnight Jodphur boot is fully accepted for production and leather is coming shortly for it. Everything looks good there for timing.
4. Starting tomorrow, we're going to do a site-wide promotion for the Steinbeck wingtip boot. That's an exclusive Epaulet style, and we're going to offer three variants for late November delivery. It will be in the Forest last, so we can order wides, and the three variants were cooked up by both me and Fok (La Guy). They'll be revealed tomorrow! We should be able to offer matching belts as well, and I'll see what other good stuff we can include. That thread will be hosted on MC.
5. With regards to the Jodphur boot, let's do this brown calf/suede makeup. Delivery would be late November, just like the Steinbecks. Would you guys be open to doing it on the Forest (As suggested by diglett)? Quite a few guys who need wide fittings weren't able to get in on the Midnight boot. I'm thinking that doing the main body in calf and the strap in suede will make it a bit better for that late Winter delivery, but it's cool to do it in the reverse too.
6. For the bal shortwing, Betty actually told me that they don't typically use black shell cordovan. They definitely don't have any in stock, and I'm not sure what the lead time for it would be. If we do the calf/scotch combo, are you leaning towards more of a casual bent? Kind of like the Faulkner in a bal shape? We could do it with a flat welt & dainite sole. It would still be very wearable as a dress shoe, but could work well for lousy holiday weather too.
7. YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BEST!!
THE HOTTEST SHELL CORDOVAN COLOR IN THE WORLD!! RUBY!!!
Yes, after that dramatic intro, I received word today that a few Ruby sides came in and we now have the leather to make about a dozen units of shoes! Let's toss around some ideas and put these dozen into work. If we use the Ruby and a different leather in the same style (in mixed media) we could probably squeeze 16 units out of it too.
And just in case you forgot what Ruby Shell looks like. The Penny loafer is Ruby
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys
Oh, and P.S. Mike, if you remember that guy in your shop a week or so ago talking about property/moving to NYC your advice was greatly appreciated. I close on a place this week in the West Village thanks to all your advice!!!
Wow, that's awesome! You definitely made the right call - you're going to LOVE that West Village spot. You'll have to rock some karaoke with us after you make the move
Originally Posted by justinkapur
I havent followed this thread in its entirety but have you received any of your boots? Would love to see a finished product if you have it yet
I'm definitely expecting that we have some of the preordered styles by the end of this month.