or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet x Carmina MTO - Page 79

post #1171 of 4101
Wide-footed people need Carmina MTO love, too frown.gif
post #1172 of 4101
order placed!


I've yet to even see a pair of Carmina's in real life, however I've ordered all 3 boots for preorder!

I can't wait to receive them!
post #1173 of 4101

What size would I take in the Rain last if I wear a U.S. 10.5 D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenues, Johnston and Murphy, and Cole Haan? Trying to nail down the fit before I place my order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post #1174 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

What size would I take in the Rain last if I wear a U.S. 10.5 D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenues, Johnston and Murphy, and Cole Haan? Trying to nail down the fit before I place my order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Brannock size is 9D and own a pair of AE Elgins (same last as Park Ave) in size 8.5D as well as a pair of Carmina in Rain last in size UK8. The Elgin feels bigger on my feet, though it is not loose and I feel it is correctly sized. The Carmina feels pretty much perfect on my feet, and I imagine that's how a bespoke pair of shoes might fit on me (I've never owned actual bespoke shoes though). I have been told by an AE SA that the Elgin fits a little bigger than Park Aves even though they share the same last, so do keep that in mind.
post #1175 of 4101
I can't wait to see what's next after the Jodhpur's.
I'm kicking myself for not browsing SW&D more often, those bal boots are both stunning.
post #1176 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

Wide-footed people need Carmina MTO love, too frown.gif

Agreed. I'm thinking that we should do a Forest last makeup in midnight calf that we can offer in wides.

What do you guys think of a really tough Longwing?. Brass eyelets. Storm welt. Natural edge and leather sole, or York Sole with the mid-brown sole. We could do this as a wingtip boot too. I'll have the "Steinbeck" model to show you within a week, which is our chunkier version of the Sinclair.

Outside of wings, we could do a cool perforated captoe boot. Even that immortal "Obscura" shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrioni View Post

order placed!
I've yet to even see a pair of Carmina's in real life, however I've ordered all 3 boots for preorder!
I can't wait to receive them!

Thank you sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

What size would I take in the Rain last if I wear a U.S. 10.5 D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenues, Johnston and Murphy, and Cole Haan? Trying to nail down the fit before I place my order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking a size 9.5UK. I'm not too familiar with Cole Haan's and J&M's, but the Park Avenue is often held up as a standard of "true to size." Most guys would drop a full size from there for the Carmina UK size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbryant View Post

can we get the ball rolling on a wholecut?

Sure. Midnight calf? Want to do a medallion or no?
post #1177 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post

What size would I take in the Rain last if I wear a U.S. 10.5 D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenues, Johnston and Murphy, and Cole Haan? Trying to nail down the fit before I place my order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wear a 9.5D US in Cole Haan and Allen Edmonds 2-222 last and an 8.5 UK in Carmina Rain and Inca lasts.
post #1178 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post


Sure. Midnight calf? Want to do a medallion or no?

can we see if we can get enough takers for a brown as well as navy (preference for brown)? with or without medallion ...

i'm in
Edited by sahbryant - 8/16/12 at 11:47am
post #1179 of 4101
CARMINA RESTOCKS

Hey guys, we got two crucial double monk strap restocks. This will be the last delivery of these two styles in 2012:


Carmina for Epaulet Salinger Double Monk Snuff Suede: $545


Carmina for Epaulet Salinger Double Monk Saddle Shell Cordovan: $825
post #1180 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post


My Brannock size is 9D and own a pair of AE Elgins (same last as Park Ave) in size 8.5D as well as a pair of Carmina in Rain last in size UK8. The Elgin feels bigger on my feet, though it is not loose and I feel it is correctly sized. The Carmina feels pretty much perfect on my feet, and I imagine that's how a bespoke pair of shoes might fit on me (I've never owned actual bespoke shoes though). I have been told by an AE SA that the Elgin fits a little bigger than Park Aves even though they share the same last, so do keep that in mind.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

I'm thinking a size 9.5UK. I'm not too familiar with Cole Haan's and J&M's, but the Park Avenue is often held up as a standard of "true to size." Most guys would drop a full size from there for the Carmina UK size.
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post


I wear a 9.5D US in Cole Haan and Allen Edmonds 2-222 last and an 8.5 UK in Carmina Rain and Inca lasts.

 

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'm going with 9.5 UK.

post #1181 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

CARMINA RESTOCKS
Hey guys, we got two crucial double monk strap restocks. This will be the last delivery of these two styles in 2012:
 

Awesome, I've been waiting for the Snuff restock for over a month! Mike (or anyone who owns the double monks in both suede and leather), would you suggest sizing down on the Snuff monks, considering that they'll have slightly more give than any of the calfskin pairs?

post #1182 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbryant View Post

can we see if we can get enough takers for a brown as well as navy (preference for brown)? with or without medallion ...
i'm in

I would definitely be interested in this....
post #1183 of 4101

Ive never owned a pair of dressier boots, but I have been very intrigued by navy shoes for quite some time.  With fall/winter coming in NYC  soon, these jodphur boots have really caught my attention.  My question is this - How would these go with navy or gray suits?  I never find myself wearing just trousers and a blazer, its always a full suit for work.  Also what are peoples opinion on wearing these with jeans?  

 

Lastly how does Carmina compare in quality to Edward Green?

 

Thanks!

post #1184 of 4101
I have a pair of navy shoes. I find:
They are excellent with gray or charcoal pants, burgundy, dark olive green...
They don't work with raw indigo jeans. They work with very washed/faded jeans, and gray denim.
They do not work with navy pants.

EG and Carmina are both machine made shoes featuring channeled leather soles.
post #1185 of 4101
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

Ive never owned a pair of dressier boots, but I have been very intrigued by navy shoes for quite some time.  With fall/winter coming in NYC  soon, these jodphur boots have really caught my attention.  My question is this - How would these go with navy or gray suits?  I never find myself wearing just trousers and a blazer, its always a full suit for work.  Also what are peoples opinion on wearing these with jeans?  

 

Lastly how does Carmina compare in quality to Edward Green?

 

Thanks!

I asked a similar question a few days ago, since I'm unfamiliar with blue dress footwear, and Namor was kind enough to link me to this post on his tumblr: http://yolowastaken.tumblr.com/post/26180542031/what-to-wear-with-navy-colored-shoes

 

As for the EG comparison, a few folks in the earlier portion of the Carmina shoe porn thread said something to the effect of EG being better in terms of materials used and construction, but that the difference was so small that it didn't justify the double or so price of Carminas for most of the guys there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet x Carmina MTO