I ordered a pair this afternoon. What I learned from the sales manager:
- this is the first time AE has been able to secure walnut cordovan from Horween. They are quite excited.
- they clearly have some uppers already prepared. I'm told to expect my shoes within a couple of weeks.
- the sole is the same double sole from the calf Dalton. Upper is shell cordovan. Tongue and quarters are unlined; the rest is lined.
- $100 off if ordered by December 13 or so
- the shoe runs large. I am a 12E in the Cambridge shell; I went 11.5E for this one.
For the price, this could be one of the best deals for shell cordovan boots on the market.