or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › S.E.H Kelly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

S.E.H Kelly - Page 22

post #316 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

 

Hey Paul,

 

How heavy is this cloth (oz or g both work for me.)  It looks like a pretty sturdy, hardy, cloth?

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

 

You know, the metric weight of a cloth doesn't often come up, the way we work, with the smaller mills. Maybe we just never ask ...

 

It is mid- to heavy-weight, and very dense, and a little on the dry and hairy side. Still, a little softer than your typical Harris tweed, such is the nature of the yarn and the type of finishing.

 

I would say 500-500gsm, but I will ask the mill (about time) to get an exact measurement.

 

Paul

Reply
Reply
post #317 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehkelly View Post
 

 

You know, the metric weight of a cloth doesn't often come up, the way we work, with the smaller mills. Maybe we just never ask ...

 

It is mid- to heavy-weight, and very dense, and a little on the dry and hairy side. Still, a little softer than your typical Harris tweed, such is the nature of the yarn and the type of finishing.

 

I would say 500-500gsm, but I will ask the mill (about time) to get an exact measurement.

 

Paul

Hmmm... So, and I realize that you may not do this, but would you bit willing to do some personalization, like putting hidden snap closures on the back vent, sort of the way a Barbour vent can close up?

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #318 of 588
I too am curious what is the weight of the wool, would this be consider a blazer you can wear insides?
post #319 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

Hmmm... So, and I realize that you may not do this, but would you bit willing to do some personalization, like putting hidden snap closures on the back vent, sort of the way a Barbour vent can close up?

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

 

I am afraid we're not really set up for personalisation and that sort of thing, dear Fok ...

 

... although we'd be happy to supply you with the necessary brass popper fastenings (if indeed that's the sort of thing you have in mind). Then all you need to do is find someone local with the right tooling to punch it through the cloth.

 

Thinking as I type, paul@sehkelly.com might be the best place to continue the conversation, if you're so inclined.

Reply
Reply
post #320 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

I too am curious what is the weight of the wool, would this be consider a blazer you can wear insides?

It is a thick cloth, especially for a blazer. Very warm.

 

Whether you can wear it indoors depends, I suppose, on the temperature of the indoors in question.

Reply
Reply
post #321 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehkelly View Post
 

 

I am afraid we're not really set up for personalisation and that sort of thing, dear Fok ...

 

... although we'd be happy to supply you with the necessary brass popper fastenings (if indeed that's the sort of thing you have in mind). Then all you need to do is find someone local with the right tooling to punch it through the cloth.

 

Thinking as I type, paul@sehkelly.com might be the best place to continue the conversation, if you're so inclined.

Email sent!

 

Thanks Paul.

post #322 of 588

I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I would like to let everyone know that I'm selling my S.E.H kelly grandad shirt in charcoal. I really wish I didn't have to do this (like you wouldn't believe) but it just doesn't make sense to keep something that doesn't fit me. I wish S.E.H kelly would do bespoke but oh well. It's a size Large, Price is 100 bucks.

 

post #323 of 588

So I purchased the black cord trousers and grey raglan sleeve shirt last week, and just wanted to say how lovely they both are.

 

Sadly the sizes that were left didn't fit me, and I've never been so disappointed to have to return something - somebody needs to snap both those styles up as they're really quite stunning!

 

Will be keeping some cash aside for future styles and not waiting so long before treating myself!

post #324 of 588
Thank you for such kind words. Very good of you.

Better luck next time and all that.
Reply
Reply
post #325 of 588

Wotcha

 

A short, sharp message, this, just to say that our knitwear -- which I know a fair few Styleforummers have been enquiring about -- is now live at http://www.sehkelly.com/knitwear/.

 

We have brought back, for the third year running, the ten-ply tuck-stitch jumper, and added a mid-weight tuck-stitch cardigan, and a lightweight three-shade lambswool crewneck.

 

Thank you. As you were.


Paul

Reply
Reply
post #326 of 588

Grey-russet-brown-lambswool-jumper
XS Already sold out :fu: 

 

Will you be restocking this anytime soon? or if anyone returns it for another size, that would be great to know...

post #327 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulan View Post
 

Grey-russet-brown-lambswool-jumper
XS Already sold out :fu: 

 

Will you be restocking this anytime soon? or if anyone returns it for another size, that would be great to know...

 

Sure. Consider it done.

 

Paul

Reply
Reply
post #328 of 588
Paul, do you have any customer fit pics of the 10-ply jumpers? It looks perfect but I'd like to see a few more worn pictures if possible.
post #329 of 588
I stupidly waited to pull the trigger on the tweed jacket, and now it's gone. If someone returns it, I want it. Sigh. This happens to those who are lame like me.
post #330 of 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaa1000 View Post

Paul, do you have any customer fit pics of the 10-ply jumpers? It looks perfect but I'd like to see a few more worn pictures if possible.

 

Hello

 

I am afraid that I haven't any fit pictures from customers, but we do have a fair few of our own, hidden away on our site, which you mightn't have yet spotted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All of the above are size S, and all are an identical in size and shape to their equivalents this year.

 

Of all our garments, the heavy jumpers are very "true to size". In three years, I have yet to see one chap who requests a S, say, and then ask for a different size. Anecdotal, I know -- but I hope that helps a little.

 

Paul

Reply
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › S.E.H Kelly