or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Burgundy shoe appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Burgundy shoe appreciation thread - Page 7

post #91 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


There are so many reasons why some may chose to go with a shoe that only costs $300 vs $1200. Of course the obvious reason is cost. Heck this is one of the reasons some will chose shoes that only cost $100 vs $300. But when you get beyond the cost factor, some people are simply unaware of the various alternatives out there. Heck personally I would rather know what my choices are so that I can make a more informed decision. SHOWME EVERYTHING I am more than capable of making my own decision.

Ok...That works for you...and a few others out there that are educated on the topic.but let's face it...most people coming here for advice are not going to become instant informed hobbiests...Perhaps I'm guilty of underestimating people, but I think you're equally guilty of overestimating them..  And telll me the truth., Did you study all aspect of shoes before buying your first pair? Did you know all the lasts and how your foot would fit in relation to each? Bal vs blucher? short wing vs long wing? cap-toe? perf. cap-toe? Med-toe? half brogue? full brogue? monks? double monks? Full strap? Shell? #8? full grain? Saphir? Renovateur? Spectators? Saddles? Differences in formality?

Blake stiched? Goodyear Welted? etc. etc. etc...You seee what I mean? Sure..I could toss 100 random burgundy shoes at you and you'd make an informed decision...because it's your hobby...and if you have an unlimited budget for your hobby, then you'll choose on other factors....

 

but....

 

 as a hobbiest, it's easy to blow off the money part of it....I was just musing over the fact that each pair of shoes I'll be taking with me on an upcoming cruise, cost more than the cruise itself...I'm more a Tokyo Ritz type of guy but cruises seem to be popular among the american middle class....A week vacation or a pair of shoes? The 3 pairs you showed would probably pay a year's rent for a cheap college apartment when little suzie graduates high school.

post #92 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemore View Post
 

Ok...That works for you...and a few others out there that are educated on the topic.but let's face it...most people coming here for advice are not going to become instant informed hobbiests...Perhaps I'm guilty of underestimating people, but I think you're equally guilty of overestimating them..  And telll me the truth., Did you study all aspect of shoes before buying your first pair? Did you know all the lasts and how your foot would fit in relation to each? Bal vs blucher? short wing vs long wing? cap-toe? perf. cap-toe? Med-toe? half brogue? full brogue? monks? double monks? Full strap? Shell? #8? full grain? Saphir? Renovateur? Spectators? Saddles? Differences in formality?

Blake stiched? Goodyear Welted? etc. etc. etc...You seee what I mean? Sure..I could toss 100 random burgundy shoes at you and you'd make an informed decision...because it's your hobby...and if you have an unlimited budget for your hobby, then you'll choose on other factors....

 

but....

 

 as a hobbiest, it's easy to blow off the money part of it....I was just musing over the fact that each pair of shoes I'll be taking with me on an upcoming cruise, cost more than the cruise itself...I'm more a Tokyo Ritz type of guy but cruises seem to be popular among the american middle class....A week vacation or a pair of shoes? The 3 pairs you showed would probably pay a year's rent for a cheap college apartment when little suzie graduates high school.


Relax, these are only options that doesn't mean these are for everybody.

 

 

Chill

post #93 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 


Relax, these are only options that doesn't mean these are for everybody.

 

 

Chill

 

Oooff..I thought I was perfecty relaxed and we were having a discusssion on the concept of having a starting point...and indeed even the"laughable" concept of a starter shoe...but you're right...it's all about the shoes and the options... Let's see if I can get these photos to work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by justonemore - 10/1/15 at 7:02pm
post #94 of 109

 

 

 


Edited by justonemore - 10/1/15 at 7:44pm
post #95 of 109

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by justonemore - 10/1/15 at 8:09pm
post #96 of 109


Edited by justonemore - 10/1/15 at 8:05pm
post #97 of 109

 

 

post #98 of 109



post #99 of 109

 

is this burgundy? i plan on ordering these soon

post #100 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake89 View Post
 

 

is this burgundy? i plan on ordering these soon

I'm looking at those exact shoes as my burgundy gateway drug of choice. Or these. http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/97/500x1000px-LL-979b7531_DSC_0679.jpeg  Or even going to the other end and buying those Navy Shell Wholecut Carmina jobbers. 

post #101 of 109

Wow these look amazing - and burgundy enough in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake89 View Post
 

 

is this burgundy? i plan on ordering these soon

post #102 of 109

Had a request for a few photos of these Carmina's....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #103 of 109
I have just put up a pair of cordovan tassel loafer for sale, size is a bit too big, please kindly let me know if you are interested

http://www.styleforum.net/t/512010/carmina-cordovan-tassel-loafers-uk8-forest-last
post #104 of 109
My (poorly photographed) contribution to this thread. Burgundy Carmina single monks on the rain last.

post #105 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemore View Post
 

Had a request for a few photos of these Carmina's....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These look wonderful. We have just ordered something similar for next Autumn Winter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Burgundy shoe appreciation thread