or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Something more comfortable than Chucks?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Something more comfortable than Chucks?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I have been wearing Chucks for the last 3-4 yrs and vans for about a yr now. I'm starting to find that the lack of comfort is starting to get to me. Are there any simple shoes that are similar style but more comfortable?
post #2 of 15
If you can afford them just get a pair of Chuck Addicts or Visvim Keifers.
They're like Chucks on crack, they're wild comfortable and still look classic.
post #3 of 15
If you don't wanna spend a crapload of money, get some Jack Purcells with the removable soles and then some orthopedic replacement soles.. and viola! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post

If you can afford them just get a pair of Chuck Addicts or Visvim Keifers.
They're like Chucks on crack, they're wild comfortable and still look classic.

I really like those Visvim. Looks clean without being the regular chucks. Thanks for the suggestion.
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCalledNova View Post

If you don't wanna spend a crapload of money, get some Jack Purcells with the removable soles and then some orthopedic replacement soles.. and viola! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I have a pair of Jack Purcells, maybe I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion.
post #6 of 15
I've had Jack Purcells and Chucks, they were OK in term of comfort. The Jack Purcells took a while to break in though. They didn't last too long, but are cheap enough to replace.


I don't have many pairs of sneakers anymore, but I find MMM GATs to be very comfortable. Ironically enough, the mid top MMMs are not all that comfy at all.
post #7 of 15
spring courts are super comfortable. good luck finding them in the u.s. :x (if you find a source for them do tell)
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapdancin View Post

spring courts are super comfortable. good luck finding them in the u.s. :x (if you find a source for them do tell)


You can get them from Z-craft on Rakuten USA in Japan. The shop doesn't ship to the USA, you can have a Spring Court order shipped to your virtual Japan address you got when you signed up for Tenso forwarding service. They will forward it to the USA via Japan Post's EMS tracking service for a small additional charge on top of the purchase order price. I have had no problems getting my navy low Spring Court sneakers in my size sent to the USA.

post #9 of 15
Converse straight shooters have the lunarlon soles. More comfortable than the originals.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

I've had Jack Purcells and Chucks, they were OK in term of comfort. The Jack Purcells took a while to break in though. They didn't last too long, but are cheap enough to replace.


I don't have many pairs of sneakers anymore, but I find MMM GATs to be very comfortable. Ironically enough, the mid top MMMs are not all that comfy at all.

I'm from Canada, I haven't seen them in stores, or if they are even available in stores. Must be worth finding though.
post #11 of 15
PF Flyers.
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapdancin View Post

spring courts are super comfortable. good luck finding them in the u.s. :x (if you find a source for them do tell)

Funny thign you mention Sprign Court. I just found out about them and I started my search locally, A store called Town Shoes has them but not available on their website. Maybe I should pay them a visit. Anyone in the Toronto area know where I could take a look at some?
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
How comfortable are Generic Surplus?
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviecakes View Post

PF Flyers.

I have seen those in stores too and they are similar to Spring Court but I think they are copying Spring Court;s style because Spring Court has been around for much longer if I'm not mistaken.
post #15 of 15
I wore a pair of Generic Surplus plimsolls as beater shoes this past summer... nothing special IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Something more comfortable than Chucks?