or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › logsdail or raphael?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

logsdail or raphael? - Page 12

post #166 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
There is no reason for anybody to make a suit that 2% of the population can wear.

+10 - I don't get this nonsense about having a 'body type' to wear Tom Ford. Most of the target consumers for TFs expensive garments are guys in the 40s and 50s, not elite athletes.
post #167 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I really don't think the stuff is that hard to wear. I haven't tried it, but have the urge to go down to my local NM and try the Ford stuff on. Not that I would buy, but I think the major problem with the suit in question is that the salesman and tailor were dishonest, and the customer was stupid. There is no reason for anybody to make a suit that 2% of the population can wear.

Stupid? What is your problem fuck head?
post #168 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post
Never heard of someone trying on attolini and disliking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond View Post
Believe it or not but Attolini does'nt really do it for me.

Attolini for Barbera:



- B
post #169 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
Stupid? What is your problem fuck head?
You think you were smart to buy a suit that didn't fit? I am not making a comment about your overall intelligence, just the state of your intelligence when you purchased the suit.
post #170 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
oh don't worry i'm doing that first

OK, please don't forget to post a new TF thread. Thanks.
post #171 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I really don't think the stuff is that hard to wear. I haven't tried it, but have the urge to go down to my local NM and try the Ford stuff on. Not that I would buy, but I think the major problem with the suit in question is that the salesman and tailor were dishonest, and the customer was stupid. There is no reason for anybody to make a suit that 2% of the population can wear.

It is definitely not. Is anyone else missing the something strange here...if AB has such a small waist compared to chest, then why did they have to let out the waist on a 40R jacket? Say it was a drop 7, that means it was designed for someone with a 33" waist, so the jacket should have had to be brought in, not let out.
post #172 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Attolini for Barbera:



- B

Doesn't count- that's a shot of a guy in the Matrix.
post #173 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
You think you were smart to buy a suit that didn't fit?

No I think my impulsiveness & my excited emotions overwhelmed my rational thinking when I purchased the suit. In addition, I did not have a lot of experience fitting a suit as it was a while since I purchased one.



It was a mistake.
post #174 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar-lemon View Post
It is definitely not. Is anyone else missing the something strange here...if AB has such a small waist compared to chest, then why did they have to let out the waist on a 40R jacket? Say it was a drop 7, that means it was designed for someone with a 33" waist, so the jacket should have had to be brought in, not let out.

You're assuming a 40R jacket is actually ~40 inches around the chest.
post #175 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar-lemon View Post
It is definitely not. Is anyone else missing the something strange here...if AB has such a small waist compared to chest, then why did they have to let out the waist on a 40R jacket? Say it was a drop 7, that means it was designed for someone with a 33" waist, so the jacket should have had to be brought in, not let out.

It was a 52R, and by the way I measured the shoulders and they are the same size as a 48R Armani jacket. TF cuts their shoulders really damn narrow.

I don't have a 31" waist, it is 35"
post #176 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I really don't think the stuff is that hard to wear. I haven't tried it, but have the urge to go down to my local NM and try the Ford stuff on. Not that I would buy, but I think the major problem with the suit in question is that the salesman and tailor were dishonest, and the customer was stupid. There is no reason for anybody to make a suit that 2% of the population can wear.

Dior Homme the first few seasons? Taralis, CCP, etc. Lots of fashion brands are like that...

I have size 48 (so 32) pants by Petar Petrov that measure 29" at the waist and are tight on my chicken legs.
post #177 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
In addition, I did not have a lot of experience fitting a suit as it was a while since I purchased one.

You had a lot of experience until you didn't have a lot of experience? Very John Kerry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
It was a mistake.

Perhaps a stupid one?
post #178 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Dior Homme the first few seasons? Taralis, CCP, etc. Lots of fashion brands are like that.

To be fair, I don't think Tom Ford is anything like Dior Homme (the others are Latin to me). Dior Homme is just cut skinny all around. Tom Ford is cut with big, broad shoulders, so you can get a skinnier looking waist without all that tight a fit.
post #179 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
You had a lot of experience until you didn't have a lot of experience? Very John Kerry, which is pretty stupid in my book .



Perhaps a stupid one?

I like you Mr. Fan
post #180 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Dior Homme the first few seasons? Taralis, CCP, etc. Lots of fashion brands are like that...

I have size 48 (so 32) pants by Petar Petrov that measure 29" at the waist and are tight on my chicken legs.
I will have to go downtown and check it out. Maybe I will try to do a mafoo-style expose. It just seems like Ford is doing this for money rather than art, so it would make sense that his stuff would fit normal people.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › logsdail or raphael?