Are there any unique rules which apply to a white evening jacket?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 10/21/16 at 10:56am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Today at 2:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 62post #917 of 45731/17/13 at 7:49pmQuote:
1. Don't get bleach white, get ivory or cream.
2. Technically they should only be worn in tropical climates, but at least they should be restricted to warm weather.
- 2a. Ergo, vests/waistcoats are not appropriate, only cummerbunds.
3. White DJs are considered less formal than black, which is why the shawl lapel is common.
- 3a. Ergo, turn down collars only, no wing collars.post #918 of 45731/17/13 at 7:59pmpost #919 of 45731/17/13 at 11:38pmpost #920 of 45731/18/13 at 12:20ampost #921 of 45731/18/13 at 12:50amI think the fact that men's magazines have had quite a few sections devoted to Black Tie the last couple of years combijed with the spate of Bond movies recently is starting to make it more acceptable. Dinner jackets are ever increasingly to be found on billboards and bus stop advert, which is leading more men to enquiring about them and even wearing them. Perhaps also the latest Bond incarnation is lending some toughness and roughness to the tuxedo, diminishing the erroneous perception that they are strictly for poncy, feminine dandies?post #922 of 45731/18/13 at 12:33pmpost #923 of 45731/18/13 at 4:18pmpost #924 of 45731/18/13 at 5:43pm
If it's on the silver screen, it must be true. =:-/
Hollywood would never mislead anyone or co-market someone's merchandise or ideas. right?
One day maybe more than a handful will realize that entertainment is a poor source of truth. Most especially entertainment by forms of art, which by definition is a political statement or expression of the world view of the artist who is seeking for the artistic expression of their statement, the approval of an audience, even if it is an audience of one.post #925 of 45731/18/13 at 7:30pm
Thank you for your responses. My client is getting the white dinner jacket for a summer wedding. He also wants a "fun" jacket to wear after the ceremony when he is dancing at the wedding. I think it is a cool idea, but what the f**k is he looking for? anyone have an idea that wouldn't look completely ridiculous? thanks...post #926 of 45731/18/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by bigtimebuck4
Thank you for your responses. My client is getting the white dinner jacket for a summer wedding. He also wants a "fun" jacket to wear after the ceremony when he is dancing at the wedding. I think it is a cool idea, but what the f**k is he looking for? anyone have an idea that wouldn't look completely ridiculous? thanks...
Ugh, like...this kind of...fun?post #927 of 45731/18/13 at 8:01pmpost #928 of 45731/18/13 at 8:07pmpost #929 of 45731/18/13 at 8:25pmpost #930 of 45731/18/13 at 8:28pm
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › Viberg Boots 10 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 24 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Rug and Carpet Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...