Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 2:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Today at 12:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 43post #631 of 43609/28/12 at 10:25ampost #632 of 43609/28/12 at 11:44ampost #633 of 43609/28/12 at 12:51pmpost #634 of 43609/28/12 at 2:26pm
That's a good looking jacket. The lapels are a little wider than what I prefer to wear but they are not wrong. If you look at pictures and movies from the 1930's particularly a lot of dinner jackets have wide lapels such as that.post #635 of 43609/28/12 at 4:50pmpost #636 of 43609/28/12 at 5:17pmQuote:
To each his own. Why do you like them? Do they create an effect you want to achieve? In any event, may you enjoy wearing the tuxedo if you keep it.
What design label is that tuxedo?post #637 of 43609/28/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
When it comes to clothes, I buy what appeals to my eye. It is just that simple. This struck a cord with me. This is vintage, and English. I don't recall the maker.post #638 of 43609/29/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Patrologia
Foo, this question grows out of wondering if I've been pushing my tailor to make my sleeves a bit too short. Are your sleeves on this suit as long as the picture makes them look, and if so, what would you say about it. If that's right, then I'm definitely wrong. I like the DB shawl though, it is definitely not going to look like all the others.
I thought they were too long when I looked at them. Especially since his arm his bent, it would be even longer when straight.post #639 of 43609/29/12 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by MBreininQuote:
When it comes to clothes, I buy what appeals to my eye. It is just that simple. This struck a cord with me. This is vintage, and English. I don't recall the maker.
Thanks for the response.post #640 of 436010/5/12 at 10:40pm
I just have bit of a question regarding a shawl collar DJ I've acquired.
it is a standard one button affair but the center button is double sided and on the inside has a rather long shank. My question is, am I supposed to use this button? ie. button both inside edges together as opposed to the standard overlap of the lapels.
Alternatively, have I completely misunderstood the function of this button?
post #641 of 436010/5/12 at 11:21pmpost #642 of 436010/6/12 at 1:27amQuote:
interesting, is there a name for this? I haven't noticed any examples of it...not that I've been looking too hard That and google images isn't that likely to show 'proper' black tie.
post #643 of 436010/6/12 at 4:08ampost #644 of 436010/6/12 at 7:16ampost #645 of 436010/6/12 at 7:50am
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 42 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 12 minutes ago
- › Going to a wedding, finally getting my own tie, but what 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding