Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 2/22/17 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Today at 2:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 43post #631 of 47829/28/12 at 10:25ampost #632 of 47829/28/12 at 11:44ampost #633 of 47829/28/12 at 12:51pmpost #634 of 47829/28/12 at 2:26pm
That's a good looking jacket. The lapels are a little wider than what I prefer to wear but they are not wrong. If you look at pictures and movies from the 1930's particularly a lot of dinner jackets have wide lapels such as that.post #635 of 47829/28/12 at 4:50pmpost #636 of 47829/28/12 at 5:17pmQuote:
To each his own. Why do you like them? Do they create an effect you want to achieve? In any event, may you enjoy wearing the tuxedo if you keep it.
What design label is that tuxedo?post #637 of 47829/28/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
When it comes to clothes, I buy what appeals to my eye. It is just that simple. This struck a cord with me. This is vintage, and English. I don't recall the maker.post #638 of 47829/29/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Patrologia
Foo, this question grows out of wondering if I've been pushing my tailor to make my sleeves a bit too short. Are your sleeves on this suit as long as the picture makes them look, and if so, what would you say about it. If that's right, then I'm definitely wrong. I like the DB shawl though, it is definitely not going to look like all the others.
I thought they were too long when I looked at them. Especially since his arm his bent, it would be even longer when straight.post #639 of 47829/29/12 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by MBreininQuote:
When it comes to clothes, I buy what appeals to my eye. It is just that simple. This struck a cord with me. This is vintage, and English. I don't recall the maker.
Thanks for the response.post #640 of 478210/5/12 at 10:40pm
I just have bit of a question regarding a shawl collar DJ I've acquired.
it is a standard one button affair but the center button is double sided and on the inside has a rather long shank. My question is, am I supposed to use this button? ie. button both inside edges together as opposed to the standard overlap of the lapels.
Alternatively, have I completely misunderstood the function of this button?
post #641 of 478210/5/12 at 11:21pmpost #642 of 478210/6/12 at 1:27amQuote:
interesting, is there a name for this? I haven't noticed any examples of it...not that I've been looking too hard That and google images isn't that likely to show 'proper' black tie.
post #643 of 478210/6/12 at 4:08ampost #644 of 478210/6/12 at 7:16ampost #645 of 478210/6/12 at 7:50am
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › 20 CLASSIC TWEEDS & BLAZERS! GRAILS! Sizes 38 - 48: Dartmouth... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 7 minutes ago
- › The 2017 Official Cheapies Thread - Thrifted Find of the Year 7 minutes ago
- › MMM cowl collar cotton knit Sz 50 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Brogue Ranger 8D 8 minutes ago
- › Suit Fabrics 9 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...