Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 7/21/16 at 7:11am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Today at 5:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 43post #631 of 43629/28/12 at 10:25ampost #632 of 43629/28/12 at 11:44ampost #633 of 43629/28/12 at 12:51pmpost #634 of 43629/28/12 at 2:26pm
That's a good looking jacket. The lapels are a little wider than what I prefer to wear but they are not wrong. If you look at pictures and movies from the 1930's particularly a lot of dinner jackets have wide lapels such as that.post #635 of 43629/28/12 at 4:50pmpost #636 of 43629/28/12 at 5:17pmQuote:
To each his own. Why do you like them? Do they create an effect you want to achieve? In any event, may you enjoy wearing the tuxedo if you keep it.
What design label is that tuxedo?post #637 of 43629/28/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
When it comes to clothes, I buy what appeals to my eye. It is just that simple. This struck a cord with me. This is vintage, and English. I don't recall the maker.post #638 of 43629/29/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Patrologia
Foo, this question grows out of wondering if I've been pushing my tailor to make my sleeves a bit too short. Are your sleeves on this suit as long as the picture makes them look, and if so, what would you say about it. If that's right, then I'm definitely wrong. I like the DB shawl though, it is definitely not going to look like all the others.
I thought they were too long when I looked at them. Especially since his arm his bent, it would be even longer when straight.post #639 of 43629/29/12 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by MBreininQuote:
When it comes to clothes, I buy what appeals to my eye. It is just that simple. This struck a cord with me. This is vintage, and English. I don't recall the maker.
Thanks for the response.post #640 of 436210/5/12 at 10:40pm
I just have bit of a question regarding a shawl collar DJ I've acquired.
it is a standard one button affair but the center button is double sided and on the inside has a rather long shank. My question is, am I supposed to use this button? ie. button both inside edges together as opposed to the standard overlap of the lapels.
Alternatively, have I completely misunderstood the function of this button?
post #641 of 436210/5/12 at 11:21pmpost #642 of 436210/6/12 at 1:27amQuote:
interesting, is there a name for this? I haven't noticed any examples of it...not that I've been looking too hard That and google images isn't that likely to show 'proper' black tie.
post #643 of 436210/6/12 at 4:08ampost #644 of 436210/6/12 at 7:16ampost #645 of 436210/6/12 at 7:50am
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 47 seconds ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding