Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 9/23/16 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Today at 12:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 43post #631 of 44969/28/12 at 10:25ampost #632 of 44969/28/12 at 11:44ampost #633 of 44969/28/12 at 12:51pmpost #634 of 44969/28/12 at 2:26pm
That's a good looking jacket. The lapels are a little wider than what I prefer to wear but they are not wrong. If you look at pictures and movies from the 1930's particularly a lot of dinner jackets have wide lapels such as that.post #635 of 44969/28/12 at 4:50pmpost #636 of 44969/28/12 at 5:17pmQuote:
To each his own. Why do you like them? Do they create an effect you want to achieve? In any event, may you enjoy wearing the tuxedo if you keep it.
What design label is that tuxedo?post #637 of 44969/28/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
When it comes to clothes, I buy what appeals to my eye. It is just that simple. This struck a cord with me. This is vintage, and English. I don't recall the maker.post #638 of 44969/29/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Patrologia
Foo, this question grows out of wondering if I've been pushing my tailor to make my sleeves a bit too short. Are your sleeves on this suit as long as the picture makes them look, and if so, what would you say about it. If that's right, then I'm definitely wrong. I like the DB shawl though, it is definitely not going to look like all the others.
I thought they were too long when I looked at them. Especially since his arm his bent, it would be even longer when straight.post #639 of 44969/29/12 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by MBreininQuote:
When it comes to clothes, I buy what appeals to my eye. It is just that simple. This struck a cord with me. This is vintage, and English. I don't recall the maker.
Thanks for the response.post #640 of 449610/5/12 at 10:40pm
I just have bit of a question regarding a shawl collar DJ I've acquired.
it is a standard one button affair but the center button is double sided and on the inside has a rather long shank. My question is, am I supposed to use this button? ie. button both inside edges together as opposed to the standard overlap of the lapels.
Alternatively, have I completely misunderstood the function of this button?
post #641 of 449610/5/12 at 11:21pmpost #642 of 449610/6/12 at 1:27amQuote:
interesting, is there a name for this? I haven't noticed any examples of it...not that I've been looking too hard That and google images isn't that likely to show 'proper' black tie.
post #643 of 449610/6/12 at 4:08ampost #644 of 449610/6/12 at 7:16ampost #645 of 449610/6/12 at 7:50am
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Valstar Blue Linen Safari Jacket- Size 48 7 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 15 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...