Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:49 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Today at 4:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 217post #3242 of 43628/5/14 at 9:03amQuote:
Does it come without cuff buttons sewn on, or the wrong number of them, or something? I have no idea of the answer to your question but I'm curious what makes you ask it.post #3243 of 43628/5/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
I can't remember how mine came but I assume you're asking because you want to know if the sleeves can be shortened. If so then don't worry about it because sleeves can be shortened from the shoulder instead of from the cuff (albeit at a higher cost).post #3244 of 43628/5/14 at 5:56pmpost #3245 of 43628/5/14 at 6:19pmpost #3246 of 43628/6/14 at 5:18ampost #3247 of 43628/6/14 at 10:54am
My Tuxedo came with two buttons on each sleeve, and I wanted four. I bought all new buttons (one for the jacket closure, and eight for the sleeves, plus one and two spares, respectively) and switched the existing buttons out for those ones, so that they matched perfectly. The large button cost around $2, and the sleeve buttons around $1 each, if I remember right. My tailor had buttons available as well, but they were virtually identical, and three times the price. I'm sure you can find them locally, or online. If you can't, I went to a local store in Vancouver called Button Button. It's a pretty small operation, so if you looked them up and called, the owner might ship to you. Be sure to measure the existing closure button's diameter before ordering anything. I bought the wrong size the first time, and had to go back to the store.post #3248 of 43628/6/14 at 10:56ampost #3249 of 43628/6/14 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by ImTheGroom
My Tuxedo came with two buttons on each sleeve, and I wanted four. I bought all new buttons (one for the jacket closure, and eight for the sleeves, plus one and two spares, respectively) and switched the existing buttons out for those ones, so that they matched perfectly. The large button cost around $2, and the sleeve buttons around $1 each, if I remember right. My tailor had buttons available as well, but they were virtually identical, and three times the price. I'm sure you can find them locally, or online. If you can't, I went to a local store in Vancouver called Button Button. It's a pretty small operation, so if you looked them up and called, the owner might ship to you. Be sure to measure the existing closure button's diameter before ordering anything. I bought the wrong size the first time, and had to go back to the store.
If the tux in question (JAB) doesn't have buttons attached at the cuff, it will ABSOLUTELY, 100% have them included in a little baggie. No doubt in my mind about that.post #3250 of 43628/6/14 at 5:35pmpost #3251 of 43628/6/14 at 6:50pmpost #3252 of 43628/7/14 at 5:25pm
Is this normal for patent leather shoes --
I received a pair of patent leather shoes from suit supply today. I put them on and walked around my living room for 2-3 minutes. When I took them off, there were some crinkles in the surface of the leather. I could imagine that this is just what happens with patent leather, or that it is a sign that the surface isn't quite right.
At this point, it doesn't look bad - hard to see if you don't look closely. But if this isn't normal, I wonder if it will deteriorate quickly. Anyone have any experience with this?post #3253 of 43628/7/14 at 7:15pmpost #3254 of 43628/7/14 at 7:49pmpost #3255 of 43628/8/14 at 8:51pm
Howdy. I, uh, guess I own a tux now, well in advance of needing one, but it was a steal. I'd be surprised if it was newer than the 1950s. I think it's barathea, but I freely admit I haven't seen enough barathea to be sure.
Here's the rundown:
Single link button
Grosgrain peak lapels.
Four or five buttons.
Shawl lapels with a square end (IDK what to call this).
Silk braid down the leg.
Extremely wide leg -- very '30s.
I'm wondering what the most "correct" shirt/shoes/what have you I should be looking for. I'm not sure exactly how the detailing bears on those.
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 59 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Vass Sale 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 15 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding