Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 12/5/16 at 11:05am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Yesterday at 11:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 217post #3242 of 46068/5/14 at 9:03amQuote:
Does it come without cuff buttons sewn on, or the wrong number of them, or something? I have no idea of the answer to your question but I'm curious what makes you ask it.post #3243 of 46068/5/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
I can't remember how mine came but I assume you're asking because you want to know if the sleeves can be shortened. If so then don't worry about it because sleeves can be shortened from the shoulder instead of from the cuff (albeit at a higher cost).post #3244 of 46068/5/14 at 5:56pmpost #3245 of 46068/5/14 at 6:19pmpost #3246 of 46068/6/14 at 5:18ampost #3247 of 46068/6/14 at 10:54am
My Tuxedo came with two buttons on each sleeve, and I wanted four. I bought all new buttons (one for the jacket closure, and eight for the sleeves, plus one and two spares, respectively) and switched the existing buttons out for those ones, so that they matched perfectly. The large button cost around $2, and the sleeve buttons around $1 each, if I remember right. My tailor had buttons available as well, but they were virtually identical, and three times the price. I'm sure you can find them locally, or online. If you can't, I went to a local store in Vancouver called Button Button. It's a pretty small operation, so if you looked them up and called, the owner might ship to you. Be sure to measure the existing closure button's diameter before ordering anything. I bought the wrong size the first time, and had to go back to the store.post #3248 of 46068/6/14 at 10:56ampost #3249 of 46068/6/14 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by ImTheGroom
My Tuxedo came with two buttons on each sleeve, and I wanted four. I bought all new buttons (one for the jacket closure, and eight for the sleeves, plus one and two spares, respectively) and switched the existing buttons out for those ones, so that they matched perfectly. The large button cost around $2, and the sleeve buttons around $1 each, if I remember right. My tailor had buttons available as well, but they were virtually identical, and three times the price. I'm sure you can find them locally, or online. If you can't, I went to a local store in Vancouver called Button Button. It's a pretty small operation, so if you looked them up and called, the owner might ship to you. Be sure to measure the existing closure button's diameter before ordering anything. I bought the wrong size the first time, and had to go back to the store.
If the tux in question (JAB) doesn't have buttons attached at the cuff, it will ABSOLUTELY, 100% have them included in a little baggie. No doubt in my mind about that.post #3250 of 46068/6/14 at 5:35pmpost #3251 of 46068/6/14 at 6:50pmpost #3252 of 46068/7/14 at 5:25pm
Is this normal for patent leather shoes --
I received a pair of patent leather shoes from suit supply today. I put them on and walked around my living room for 2-3 minutes. When I took them off, there were some crinkles in the surface of the leather. I could imagine that this is just what happens with patent leather, or that it is a sign that the surface isn't quite right.
At this point, it doesn't look bad - hard to see if you don't look closely. But if this isn't normal, I wonder if it will deteriorate quickly. Anyone have any experience with this?post #3253 of 46068/7/14 at 7:15pmpost #3254 of 46068/7/14 at 7:49pmpost #3255 of 46068/8/14 at 8:51pm
Howdy. I, uh, guess I own a tux now, well in advance of needing one, but it was a steal. I'd be surprised if it was newer than the 1950s. I think it's barathea, but I freely admit I haven't seen enough barathea to be sure.
Here's the rundown:
Single link button
Grosgrain peak lapels.
Four or five buttons.
Shawl lapels with a square end (IDK what to call this).
Silk braid down the leg.
Extremely wide leg -- very '30s.
I'm wondering what the most "correct" shirt/shoes/what have you I should be looking for. I'm not sure exactly how the detailing bears on those.
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 13 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 14 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 21 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Peir Wu 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Canadian News, Politics, and Events Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...