Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 12:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 1/19/16 at 9:22pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 185
Styleforum Top Picks
I know I need:
- Tuxedo shoes
- Cumberbund (sp?) and bow tie
But part of me wants to add an ivory dinner jacket to the collection. Any ideas for a good maker? The only one I have seen is made by Armani and it was silk and wool and right around $1900.
I currently have one event a year on my calendar which I could easily justify my tuxedo (especially at the price I paid).
Any thoughts- ps...I live in Florida.
"Gala" is a word that gets thrown around, often by hosts who may not understand the formality the word implies (or at least used to). Contact the host to be sure. If you're actively seeking events where black tie is the dress, seek out museum benefits and the like.
In the small city in Michigan where I live I attend the local orchestra concerts in Black Tie. Hardly anyone else is dressed anywhere near in formality to me but it feels like a proper event to me and I get compliments. Sometimes you just have to choose events to dress for.
I have several bow ties in different shapes, but they're all satin, and I wanted one in grosgrain to match the lapels on my tuxes. I purchased one from Sam Hober and couldn't be happier. http://www.samhober.com/italian-faille-silk-bow-ties/ Like everything else they offer, you specify exactly what you want -- shape, width, length, etc. It's great having a tie that is the perfect length for me without the slide/hook adjusters.
- The State of Black Tie: Your Observations
- › Gaziano & Girling 10.5E TG73 Wigmore Boots with Espresso Calf &... 35 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 59 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Andres Sendra apprecitation thread 6 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 6 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...