Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:09 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Today at 4:21 am in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 180post #2686 of 43644/9/14 at 2:35amI think if for loafer we mean version of Albert slippers models rather then loosely similar type, then Albert slippers/shoes have been part of the black tie option for quite some time as I have seen examples by both Lobbs St James (vintage catalogues) and C&J. The round toe box, is pretty much a slightly elongated version of the classic Opera Pumps. the Ferragamo version is pretty much in line, but others version seems too fashion forward to be seen as classic good choices, however as Archibald said, within the vast majority of badly dressed people, few will take noticepost #2687 of 43644/9/14 at 3:54ampost #2688 of 43644/14/14 at 8:37am
I've been looking at various brands of Alberts online and I have to say that they all look so similar as to have been made by the same company. Are there any real differences as to quality or style to justify going with a more expensive version, like C&J; or is it fine to go with something like Del Toro or at least a middle-of-the-road version like Brooks Brothers? Unfortunately I'm not in a position to see any in person.post #2689 of 43644/14/14 at 8:54amIf you are using the Albert predominantly with your DJ quality, meaning long term use, is not really a factor in fact there is an argument that a blake stitched shoe with a thin sole is more refined for evening wear. On the other hand Albert shoes do not have any adjustment so you need to try them on before buying them.post #2690 of 43644/14/14 at 1:50pmpost #2691 of 43644/16/14 at 10:49ampost #2692 of 43644/16/14 at 11:42am
The mess jacket can be a very nice look, but it is best suited for a tall and slender physique. I am rather partial to the scarlett mess jackets worn by HM Armed Forces, in this case Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. The image illustrates my point quite nicely.post #2693 of 43644/18/14 at 8:06pm
As a rule, I don't like patent leather bluchers with a tuxedo, but EG's black patent Holborn has forced me to reconsider. Then again, their design is not a typical blucher. It reminds me of the monkstrap formal shoe in the often-copied, 1939 Esquire magazine image, which shows formal options for summer or tropical parties. I have to say, that EG blucher is just perfect for that type of party. Somehow, it captures that "slightly less formal" quality that I think is necessary in the summer, particularly in the American South.
Am I crazy to wear that shoe? Am I even crazier for trying to pull together a summer-formal kit?
Surely, EG of all places has a sense of what is appropriate for formal wear. Is anyone else wearing that shoe?post #2694 of 43644/19/14 at 12:45pmpost #2695 of 43644/19/14 at 1:04pmpost #2696 of 43644/19/14 at 6:11pmpost #2697 of 43644/19/14 at 11:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jrd617
I'd like a low cut vest like this
Wow ... that elegance ... everything is perfect and in its place ...Voxsart has perfect elegance!post #2698 of 43644/20/14 at 12:42ampost #2699 of 43644/24/14 at 9:25am
Didn't feel like starting a new thread for such a low-impact question, so I thought this thread would be the best fit.
I'm currently undecided between the cufflinks and studs sets pictured below for my wedding ensemble. In fact, I am more undecided between material choice (Onyx or MOP) and metal color (Silver or Gold plated).
Care to help me choose or at least tell me if they're some unknown-to-me rules that could lead my decision?
Gold plated with MOP:
Gold plated with Onyx:
Silver with Onyx:
Silver with MOP:
For the record, tuxedo will be black with wide peak lapels, and shirt will be light ivory instead of pure, crisp white (fiancee's demand, not my idea, unfortunately but hey, gotta please the lady!).
Thanks guys and all the best!post #2700 of 43644/24/14 at 9:46amI think I'd like to sell my never worn 40reg Isaia tux (28.5" inseam on 33" waist trouser), functional sleeve buttons on 25" sleeves and 43" chest. Tux has added nice detail of double vents, grosgrain peaked lapels, immaculate and classic.
Ordered a dark navy blue sartorio tux from Barneys this week 😳😳. Just like blues better on me, I guess
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › Eidos Napoli Navy Hopsack Blazer - No Man Walks Alone - NWOT 40L 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bontoni Wholecut US10/UK9 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › SF, San Francisco, Bay Area STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Hosted by... 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding