Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Today at 12:45 am in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 113post #1682 of 427610/21/13 at 12:41pmIt's really barely noticeable by anyone but the most observant SF types - especially in a ballroom with muted lighting. if you're wearing trousers with a break the vamp will be mostly covered anyway. I bet an overwhelming majority of the general public don't even know the difference between the two!post #1683 of 427610/21/13 at 1:29pmpost #1684 of 427610/21/13 at 1:56pmpost #1685 of 427610/21/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
thankspost #1686 of 427610/21/13 at 2:04pmpost #1687 of 427610/21/13 at 2:10pm
I am a firm beleiver that a high polished shoe or patent leather is necessary when wearing a tuxedo. Black suit during for a black tie affair you can do what you want but when wearing a tuxedo the shine is key to complete the look. I personally prefer a slipper but depending on the event i would also go whole cut shoe.post #1688 of 427610/21/13 at 2:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Siwash
I'm attending a family wedding at West Point this fall.
The dress for the dinner reception is tuxedo optional.
So I am opting for a tuxedo.
I doubt I'll get much of a chance to wear a tuxedo that often, but having one in the closet ready to go could lead to more invitations :-) however this will be a budget package!
So I've picked up this from Ebay
I plan to purchase a shirt and studs from Kent Wang, and a bowtie from Hober
Now I need shoes.
I'm leaning towards these
Or cringe!! These...
Any advice or opinions are welcome
Thanks for all the feeback guys, leaning towards a slip on.
I'm also considering these..nice shoe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atJxZX5xwYkpost #1689 of 427610/21/13 at 2:28pmpost #1690 of 427610/21/13 at 2:53pmpost #1691 of 427610/21/13 at 3:02pmpost #1692 of 427610/21/13 at 3:06pmpost #1693 of 427610/21/13 at 3:42pmpost #1694 of 427610/21/13 at 3:42pmpost #1695 of 427610/21/13 at 3:56pm
Slippers, by the very nature that they are slippers, must surely be near the bottom of the formality scale? Anyway my understanding is that they are supposed to be worn with smoking jackets by the host at house parties not outdoors at formal functions. YMMV.
I have no love for effeminate opera pumps but some of the slip ons pictured above (not the horse bits) look quite good. The key thing for me is the vamp length. Too long and it looks like a pair of dated seventies venetians. Too short and they look again like dainty opera pumps.
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › Cars We Drive! 7 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 4 minutes ago
- › The Official "Hall of Fame" Outfit of the Day thread. 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding