Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D.C./Baltimore Haberdasher? Last post on 8/6/15 at 7:21pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 2/22/17 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style Last post on Yesterday at 9:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Ambrosi Napoli Last post on 3/2/16 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- How do I have a black tie optional wedding?Last edited: 3/18/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The State of Black Tie: Your Observations - Page 113post #1682 of 478110/21/13 at 12:41pmIt's really barely noticeable by anyone but the most observant SF types - especially in a ballroom with muted lighting. if you're wearing trousers with a break the vamp will be mostly covered anyway. I bet an overwhelming majority of the general public don't even know the difference between the two!post #1683 of 478110/21/13 at 1:29pmpost #1684 of 478110/21/13 at 1:56pmpost #1685 of 478110/21/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
thankspost #1686 of 478110/21/13 at 2:04pmpost #1687 of 478110/21/13 at 2:10pm
I am a firm beleiver that a high polished shoe or patent leather is necessary when wearing a tuxedo. Black suit during for a black tie affair you can do what you want but when wearing a tuxedo the shine is key to complete the look. I personally prefer a slipper but depending on the event i would also go whole cut shoe.post #1688 of 478110/21/13 at 2:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Siwash
I'm attending a family wedding at West Point this fall.
The dress for the dinner reception is tuxedo optional.
So I am opting for a tuxedo.
I doubt I'll get much of a chance to wear a tuxedo that often, but having one in the closet ready to go could lead to more invitations :-) however this will be a budget package!
So I've picked up this from Ebay
I plan to purchase a shirt and studs from Kent Wang, and a bowtie from Hober
Now I need shoes.
I'm leaning towards these
Or cringe!! These...
Any advice or opinions are welcome
Thanks for all the feeback guys, leaning towards a slip on.
I'm also considering these..nice shoe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atJxZX5xwYkpost #1689 of 478110/21/13 at 2:28pmpost #1690 of 478110/21/13 at 2:53pmpost #1691 of 478110/21/13 at 3:02pmpost #1692 of 478110/21/13 at 3:06pmpost #1693 of 478110/21/13 at 3:42pmpost #1694 of 478110/21/13 at 3:42pmpost #1695 of 478110/21/13 at 3:56pm
Slippers, by the very nature that they are slippers, must surely be near the bottom of the formality scale? Anyway my understanding is that they are supposed to be worn with smoking jackets by the host at house parties not outdoors at formal functions. YMMV.
I have no love for effeminate opera pumps but some of the slip ons pictured above (not the horse bits) look quite good. The key thing for me is the vamp length. Too long and it looks like a pair of dated seventies venetians. Too short and they look again like dainty opera pumps.
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 12 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...