or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Advise winter coat\outwear for car
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advise winter coat\outwear for car

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Hello
Wear comfortable for the winter, short, whatever was convenient in the car, not too much volume, stylish, advise
thanks!
500-2000$
post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 
nod[1].gif
post #3 of 12
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_russian View Post

Hello
Wear comfortable for the winter, short, whatever was convenient in the car, not too much volume, stylish, advise
thanks!
500-2000$

what in gods name did you just say
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
sorry bad english smile.gif
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_russian View Post


long!! uhoh.gif



You want what used to be called a suburban or car coat. About 33-34"(3/4 length) for a normal height man. The weight would depend upon how cold it is where you live and what you wear underneath. A lot of coats arent that heavy because men usually wear them over suit jackets and that's one layer right there.

A good weight for autumn/winter would be like a double faced duffel coat type or a tweed.

 

post #8 of 12
post #9 of 12


loro piana made in usa? wat?
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post


loro piana made in usa? wat?



Yes, the coat is manufactured in the US from Loro Piana fabric.

 

@russian-how about this? Made in US and in exact sizes

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=680&Product_Id=1585490&Parent_Id=222&default_color=BROWN&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

 

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post



Yes, the coat is manufactured in the US from Loro Piana fabric.

 

@russian-how about this? Made in US and in exact sizes

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=680&Product_Id=1585490&Parent_Id=222&default_color=BROWN&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=
 

 


The reason for wearing them is not to freeze your ass off before the car heater kicks in. On a cold winter morning it can take between 20 to 40 minutes to defrost the windows so that means idling when its iced over.

 

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanF View Post


The reason for wearing them is not to freeze your ass off before the car heater kicks in. On a cold winter morning it can take between 20 to 40 minutes to defrost the windows so that means idling when its iced over.

 



So you sit in your car for 40 minutes? Keep it in the garage or send Jeeves out to start it.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Advise winter coat\outwear for car