or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter - Page 104

post #1546 of 1742
odds are she's legally blind to some degree but can generally see up close.




on a similar note, one could see more blind people in one week while walking in Manhattan than they could over a lifetime in whatever other town. It's amazing how many blind people I see, and it's always a bit unnerving since they're always traveling solo and crossing the street. I mean, i have trouble crossing the street safely. I also have an odd fear of being tapped in the ankle by their cane, it weirds me out.
post #1547 of 1742
Thread Starter 
I know, I was just thinking this how many blind people you see. It seems strange, but if you think about it, it makes sense. I mean you can get around so much easier in NYC without driving than anywhere else. Seems like the most appropriate place for a blind person if they want to fly solo.
post #1548 of 1742
post #1549 of 1742
This reminds me. There were two epic assholes on my train this morning: One guy with a bike, and another with a rake and shovel. This was during peak morning rush.

I mean, come on.

Edit: That is awesome, imatlas. Should be mandatory reading for all visitors.
post #1550 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

This reminds me. There were two epic assholes on my train this morning: One guy with a bike, and another with a rake and shovel. This was during peak morning rush.

I mean, come on.

Edit: That is awesome, imatlas. Should be mandatory reading for all visitors.

The one with a showel is the guy I would keep a eye on..
post #1551 of 1742
Was he heading out to Sheepshead Bay?
post #1552 of 1742
.....
Edited by Johdus Fanfoozal - 9/10/13 at 1:37pm
post #1553 of 1742
Too soon?
post #1554 of 1742
Thread Starter 
Stood on the crowded platform for 30 minutes waiting for my train. I was pouring fucking sweat as it was like 200 degrees down there. Sweat through my pants, got to work late because of a stalled train. Got five hours of sleep last night, working too much, fuck everybody and especially fuck the MTA.
post #1555 of 1742
Fuck everybody and fuck the MTA indeed.

They have seemingly replaced all our trains with the oldest trains they could find. I think it's related to this clusterfuck with the R train. Regardless, I haven't seen a train younger than me in about two months. Those old trains are the worst, they fit seemingly half the number of people as the newer ones and the goddamn air conditioners are basically worthless.
post #1556 of 1742
Thread Starter 
Last night I was going to meet my girlfriend when she got out of work at like 9pm I was going to take the N, R from Union Square to Prince two stops. I waited 20 minutes for the R train to get to Union Square. Um, WTF??? I could have just walked.
post #1557 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Fuck everybody and fuck the MTA indeed.

They have seemingly replaced all our trains with the oldest trains they could find.

i've noticed this with my line. Last week, for roughly 3 days in a row, I got nothing but the old shitty trains.


but go ahead and jack up the cost, MTA.
post #1558 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Last night I was going to meet my girlfriend when she got out of work at like 9pm I was going to take the N, R from Union Square to Prince two stops. I waited 20 minutes for the R train to get to Union Square. Um, WTF??? I could have just walked.

The R train is terrible. We lived on it for a year when we first moved to New York, and it rarely comes more frequently than every 20 minutes, even at high rush hour. Our platform in the mornings was dangerously crowded, every morning.
post #1559 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

The R train is terrible. We lived on it for a year when we first moved to New York, and it rarely comes more frequently than every 20 minutes, even at high rush hour. Our platform in the mornings was dangerously crowded, every morning.

Where did you shower?
post #1560 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Where did you shower?

We used the urine of other homeless people, mostly.

No, we lived on as in it was our closest train.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter