or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter - Page 87

post #1291 of 1742

Does laughter aid with the expulsion of feces?

 

And were you laughing maniacally in a public bathroom O_o?

post #1292 of 1742
Thread Starter 
Office bathroom.
post #1293 of 1742
TMI
post #1294 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

TMI


Here ya go, buddy.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


 

 

post #1295 of 1742
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

TMI

Is it, though? Is it? confused.gif
post #1296 of 1742

Nobody read "Everyone Poops" to him as a child.

post #1297 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Is it, though? Is it? confused.gif

I think he meant "Too meager information."
post #1298 of 1742

Yeah. I actually felt this way because you didn't answer my initial question: did the laughter aid in the expulsion of your feces?

post #1299 of 1742
Thread Starter 
Of course.
post #1300 of 1742
Does anyone else pity the poor guy/gal trying to get through the turnstyle and make the train as the people who just got off are pouring out? I don't mean like at big stations (e.g. USQ) where they really can't tell what train(s) are in the station - I'm talking about small local stops where they can see the open train doors 10 feet away as they desperately dart back and forth trying to get find an open style to swipe through.

To be honest, I sometimes don't notice them (especially I'm in the middle of the departing pack), but when I do (and know that the traindoors are still open), I will pause for a second to open up a path of ingress for them. Invariably the person behind me either lets out a huge exaggerated sigh of impatience OR tries to zip around me and plunge through the turnstyle before the poor guy can swipe his card (and often even if the guy has already swiped!)

People as such f#ckers
post #1301 of 1742
I didn't realize the NYC turnstiles were always bi-directional. Here in SF, they can be switched to either way depending on anticipated traffic, but there's always at least one available to enter.
post #1302 of 1742
Thread Starter 
^Not true. What he is saying is that people start pouring through and won't let him through.
post #1303 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I didn't realize the NYC turnstiles were always bi-directional. Here in SF, they can be switched to either way depending on anticipated traffic, but there's always at least one available to enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

^Not true. What he is saying is that people start pouring through and won't let him through.

sb - yes, turnstyles are bi-directional so if full train lets out and you're trying to get in you may have to wait for most departing passengers to exit before you can get in, hence the quandry of the guy in a rush who sees the doors open but before he can swipe the outgoing tide sweeps into the turnstlyes and he gets stuck waiting for the flow to dwindle to a trickle before he can get in (but probably not before the train doors close)

pB - no, i'm at the forefront of those pouring out ( i always try to ride in the car that deposits me right in front of the turnstyles) and try to pause to let a guy swipe in who still has a chance of making the train
post #1304 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

pB - no, i'm at the forefront of those pouring out ( i always try to ride in the car that deposits me right in front of the turnstyles) and try to pause to let a guy swipe in who still has a chance of making the train

I like this guy.

Can't stands pricks who are impatient trying to get in or out of a station for no fucking reason.

 

If a person rushes through the ticket machine and then runs out of the station I can understand they are in a rush, but fuckers who are in a huge rush to get through the ticket machine and then dawdle out to the street are dicks.

post #1305 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

I like this guy.
Can't stands pricks who are impatient trying to get in or out of a station for no fucking reason.

If a person rushes through the ticket machine and then runs out of the station I can understand they are in a rush, but fuckers who are in a huge rush to get through the ticket machine and then dawdle out to the street are dicks.

...but those who dawdle climbing the stairs or come to a full stop as soon as they go through the turnstyle b/c they are checking their phones should be sentenced to cleaning the subway platforms (daily) for a month
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter