or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter - Page 68

post #1006 of 1742
Thread Starter 
Just think, all of these people offing themselves are less people the MTA have to spread their costs. These fuckers are costing us money!
post #1007 of 1742
Another person hit by the train... This one looks deliberate frown.gif

http://gothamist.com/2013/02/25/woman_hit_by_1_train_in_harlem.php
post #1008 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Another person hit by the train... This one looks deliberate frown.gif

http://gothamist.com/2013/02/25/woman_hit_by_1_train_in_harlem.php

They call them Voyager incident now...

The good old times of the suicide annoncement are gone.
post #1009 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i saw this ad on a path train. Who thought it would be ideal to give the weird looking guy from Mission Chinese Food a tight pants penis?


Uniqlo would go to shat once they arrived in San Francisco.
post #1010 of 1742
post #1011 of 1742
Thread Starter 
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif It gets hot on the train in the winter.
post #1012 of 1742
i had an awkward dream last night where i accidentally used my next unlimited monthly card 8 or so days before my current one expires. I woke up promptly.
post #1013 of 1742
How long are your guys' commutes on the subway? Door to door?
post #1014 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

How long are your guys' commutes on the subway? Door to door?

35 minutes.
post #1015 of 1742
Depends on the client, but right now, 45 minutes.
post #1016 of 1742
Damn. A 45 minute commute in NYC strikes me as pretty long.

People keep telling me that your happiness in NYC increases exponentially as time spent commuting decreases. But in what city does that concept not apply?
post #1017 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Damn. A 45 minute commute in NYC strikes me as pretty long.

People keep telling me that your happiness in NYC increases exponentially as time spent commuting decreases. But in what city does that concept not apply?


NYC includes 5 boroughs.....so not necessarily Manhattan > Manhattan.
I come into the city from Brooklyn...so 35-40 min is typical.
post #1018 of 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

NYC includes 5 boroughs.....so not necessarily Manhattan > Manhattan.
I come into the city from Brooklyn...so 35-40 min is typical.

This. I'm coming from Brooklyn, and this includes my walking time. On subway time is probably 25 minutes.
post #1019 of 1742
Yeah for me anywhere from 35-45 mins door to door, about 25-35 mins actual time on the subway with no transfers, depending on the day, Brooklyn -> Manhattan. Most days I get a seat and noise cancelling headphones do the rest. Not too bad really, though I could definitely see the joy in only having a 15-20 minute commute.
post #1020 of 1742
That's a lot of quality reading time. I miss my transit commute...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter