• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(There's bits of Desert Boot info scattered around in various threads, but I decided they need their own thread.)

Do these fit true to size? (Is there a Streetwear benchmark shoe - Chucks? Or can someone who does crossover compare to AE PAs?)

Can they be had for cheaper than $85?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IME they fit about a half size big. I effing love them though.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you find any for cheaper than $CDN 85, let me know!
wink.gif

Perhaps The Bay - Clarks can be marked down 25-30%, and there are some days with an additional 10% off. However, most Bays do not carry desert boots, and good luck finding your size!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half size large and slightly narrow. Chucks are an awful shoe for a benchmark, as they also run a half size large.

You can find them cheaper than 85 on eBay, but honestly not by much. You'll save maybe $15, which is not enough of a discount to compensate for dealing with shady eBayers. I'd just use Zappos for these.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
If you find any for cheaper than $CDN 85, let me know!
wink.gif
Perhaps The Bay - Clarks can be marked down 25-30%, and there are some days with an additional 10% off. However, most Bays do not carry desert boots, and good luck finding your size!

I meant US$85.
frown.gif
They will certainly cost more to get up here. So far the clerks I've asked in Canada are amused that I'd want something called "desert boots" for living in a temperate rainforest. I guess I'll put them on the shopping list for the next trip to Seattle - are they are least available at such southern latitudes?
confused.gif

Ott

Reaction score
where do you live? Desert boots are pretty common, you just need to find a store that carries clark's "originals" line as opposed to their "******* ugly" line
smile.gif

touchthesky

Reaction score
I got a pair of brown oily desert boots from a store called gravity pope for 90CND. And I agree with the other members here who say they fit a half size large.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kind fo debating getting a pair, don't know if I can pull it off tho..maybe I should just stick to spending my money on sneakers

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what size would I get? I wear an 8.5 in chucks, 9.5 in Dunks, 10 in Dunk SBs, 9.5 in Vans Slip-Ons...

Caleb

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on desert boots and skinnier jeans, I saw some at apc this weekend of all places and wasn't sure if they were a collaboration but they looked fairly slim profile wise.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by touchthesky
I got a pair of brown oily desert boots from a store called gravity pope for 90CND. And I agree with the other members here who say they fit a half size large.
Ah, I didn't even think to look at Gravity Pope! They do indeed have a large collection of Clarks on their website - for CA$160 regular.
eek.gif
frown.gif
Oh well, now I know how to get my size... By half a size large, I assume you guys mean someone who normally wears size 12 shoes should buy 11.5 Clarks.

nino

Reaction score
I wear a 13 in chucks and 13 in desert boots. Desert boots are ever so slightly roomier because they have a roomy toebox. For me chucks size = clarks size.
By the way youll love the desert boots, the crepe sole makes them super comfy. I think they are so simple and good looking and work with so many outfits. Now I just have to get a couple pairs on the other colors.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, you wont find them easily in Seattle. I actually had to wait to go to Las Vegas to find them. But there is a place in Ballard called Market Street Shoes that I noticed had them last weekend. They also carry Alife, which is nice. And the boots dont look good with skinny jeans (at least with JR Calis).

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they work well with straight leg (514, acne mic, etc) or do I need to go boot cut?

Empire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Do they work well with straight leg (514, acne mic, etc) or do I need to go boot cut?

Imo they work with slim (slim jims) , straight(lvc 47) and bootcut (ralfs). They seem to be very versatile

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads