or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clarks Desert Boots - Page 465

post #6961 of 6992

I thought I'd share all my Desert boots..


Oakwood suede, first pair, about 3 years old.


Red Oak leather I picked up at a second hand store, an amazing find.

 


Woolrich/Beeswax

 

Goverall suede/wool Desert Duffle

 

And lastly, 

Desert Gent, got them on sale

 

I apologize for lack of picture clarity!

post #6962 of 6992

Hey guys,

I need some accurate information on what size to get and how these tend to fit. I have small feet (US 6.5   AU/UK 5.5.) so it’s really hard to find sizes. I managed to find a pair of beeswax DBs at 6.5 US, although the length wasn’t bad, it fit quite loose – I could pull my foot out with the laces tied. There was significant heel lift and the back end of the shoe was pretty loose. I’m not sure whether this is how it’s supposed to be or whether I should size down.

 

I’m in Australia so I’ll need to order them online therefore it’s a bit of a risk for me – it’s not economical to return internationally! Even considering the women’s version, anyone know if these are the same?

post #6963 of 6992
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspal View Post

Hey guys,
I need some accurate information on what size to get and how these tend to fit. I have small feet (US 6.5   AU/UK 5.5.) so it’s really hard to find sizes. I managed to find a pair of beeswax DBs at 6.5 US, although the length wasn’t bad, it fit quite loose – I could pull my foot out with the laces tied. There was significant heel lift and the back end of the shoe was pretty loose. I’m not sure whether this is how it’s supposed to be or whether I should size down.

I’m in Australia so I’ll need to order them online therefore it’s a bit of a risk for me – it’s not economical to return internationally! Even considering the women’s version, anyone know if these are the same?

Can't comment on mens vs womens but personally I size down 1 in dbs and wallys. At the very least, it's generally a good idea to size down half a size w clarks ime.
post #6964 of 6992

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peHGAndoAKc

Quick Review of some Clark Desert Boots, I picked up last month

post #6965 of 6992
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjv View Post


Can't comment on mens vs womens but personally I size down 1 in dbs and wallys. At the very least, it's generally a good idea to size down half a size w clarks ime.

 

I was thinking about this, as US 6 will be the smallest they have (and only a limited range). When I tried the 6.5s I just fit an index finger at the heel and it was a bit of a squeeze, so I'm a bit concerned it will be too tight. Just need to make sure as I have no way to try these on in Aus!

post #6966 of 6992
Idk whereabouts you are but have you checked hype? They don't seem to list anything online but normally they stock some clarks. Hard to say what size to get but keep in mind they'll loosen up a bit over time. For reference, I wear 9-9.5 in runners, 8.5 in weavers and 8 in dbs and wallabees.
post #6967 of 6992
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjv View Post

Idk whereabouts you are but have you checked hype? They don't seem to list anything online but normally they stock some clarks. Hard to say what size to get but keep in mind they'll loosen up a bit over time. For reference, I wear 9-9.5 in runners, 8.5 in weavers and 8 in dbs and wallabees.

 

I'm in Perth and have checked them yeah... the guy at hype said it's a boot they usually sell in winter. Can't seem to find them anywhere.

post #6968 of 6992
Trying this again. (Mobile phone)
I have a pair of Clark's desert boots that I like in beeswax leather. I noticed the sole is not the crepe style most other Clark's desert boots come in. Does anybody know what my version is called or where I might find one similar? I like the style on these a lot more. I received it as a gift from my grandmother and I can't ask her because she has passed away a year ago. I do have a pair of wine leather desert boots with the crepe sole but I like this sole a lot more. Thanks everybody.
post #6969 of 6992
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhey2005x View Post

Trying this again. (Mobile phone)
I have a pair of Clark's desert boots that I like in beeswax leather. I noticed the sole is not the crepe style most other Clark's desert boots come in. Does anybody know what my version is called or where I might find one similar? I like the style on these a lot more. I received it as a gift from my grandmother and I can't ask her because she has passed away a year ago. I do have a pair of wine leather desert boots with the crepe sole but I like this sole a lot more. Thanks everybody.

Sorry, wouldn't let me attach multiple pics on my phone. Here is a side view.
post #6970 of 6992

^ Looks like the Desert Trooper. I had them in black; glorious soles, but a bit too snug on me.

post #6971 of 6992
Thank you! I am able to find matching ones online now. Just needed the right keyword. smile.gif
post #6972 of 6992


Desert London Shoes or Bushacre Boots. Both cost the same. Not sure which one to get. Which of the 2 do u guys think would be the better buy?
post #6973 of 6992
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercekrypton View Post

I can't believe the pair of Clark's I scored guys. I really had no idea what I had found when I bought these. When they arrived from eBay I was baffled by how nice the leather was, it's far superior to any cdb I have owned or seen. After some research I discovered they are a limited run from 2013 made out of Horween leather! They are stunning in person. Love the burgundy tint.



That color is really attractive.

Anything currently out that approximates this?
post #6974 of 6992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post



Desert London Shoes or Bushacre Boots. Both cost the same. Not sure which one to get. Which of the 2 do u guys think would be the better buy?

 

Bushacre.

 

Crepe soles are a no go for me.

post #6975 of 6992

OK, a few questions:

 

 

Do the bushacres have the exact same sizing as the original desert boots?

Is it even worth getting the bushacres, since I read a lot of stories of the sole coming unglued from the leather in parts?

How long until the crepe sole on the original desert boots is shot? I'm not too fond of the idea of spending a hundred bucks on a shoe that I will have to resole after one year.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots