or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clarks Desert Boots - Page 451

post #6751 of 6880
Need some sizing advice.

I typically wear 9D and 9.5D in most American sizes.

So something with a narrow last (5-last, Allen Edmonds), I usually take a 9.5D, but for something a bit more wider than that, I take a 9D.

Not sure if this helps.
post #6752 of 6880
for me same size as my AE 5 last size. i wear 8.5d in both. good luck
post #6753 of 6880
Any comments on the "Desert London"? I think it's a new model, and looks like the low-top counterpart of the Desert Boot. Is the sizing the same as DBs? Thinking about getting a pair in Beeswax.
post #6754 of 6880

According to some reviews I read on Amazon you still have to size down a bit like with the Desert Boots.

post #6755 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Gurty View Post

According to some reviews I read on Amazon you still have to size down a bit like with the Desert Boots.

Yes. I'm a 10.5 in most dress shoes, a 10 in Converse and other sneakers, and I'm a 9.5 in Clarks DBs.
post #6756 of 6880

What a strange thing everyone is saying you should size down in Clarks DB! I wear 8 in Jack Purcells, Superga, Red Wing, Walk-Over, etc. comfortably with socks, and the DBs in size 8 I just got from Amazon were so small I could hardly slide my feet into them. And when I finally managed to the tongue was stretched and creased like crazy. My arch may be higher than average but if the Clarks DBs do run large why are they still so small?

post #6757 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxamazexxx View Post

What a strange thing everyone is saying you should size down in Clarks DB! I wear 8 in Jack Purcells, Superga, Red Wing, Walk-Over, etc. comfortably with socks, and the DBs in size 8 I just got from Amazon were so small I could hardly slide my feet into them. And when I finally managed to the tongue was stretched and creased like crazy. My arch may be higher than average but if the Clarks DBs do run large why are they still so small?

Did you accidentally get a women's pair?

I'm a 10 in Chuck Taylor (high tops), 10.5D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenue, 11 in most athletic shoes. U.S. 10 in CDBs is a perfect fit for me. I ordered the new Desert Londons in size 10 as well.
post #6758 of 6880

^ The label says Men/Hommes 8M (US), 7F (UK), 41M (EU) so I guess they are what they are supposed to be.


I have also found that the heel is very narrow. The length, however, is perfectly fine. In any case, with such narrow heel and width I would think they run small rather than large as the consensus says.

post #6759 of 6880

 

I took a chance on the CDB Beeswax and sized down. They were incredibly tight for the first few hours. Each time of wear they stretched and loosened up and now fit perfectly.

post #6760 of 6880
Didn't want to start a new thread about this. Does anyone know if a good alternative to Clarks Desert Boots for those with wide feet? The 9.5 is perfect for my length, but 10 is perfect for my width. I tried wearing the 9.5, but they were so tight, I can't see myself buying these and stretching them out.

Or should I just look for a different style shoe?
post #6761 of 6880
The tongue on my beeswax boots keeps slipping in front of my jeans so it sticks out. Its doesnt really matter but i think it looks better inside the pants. Has anyone had this? Anyone know a solution?
post #6762 of 6880
How come? Are you wearing very skinny jeans?
post #6763 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAJJLLPP View Post

The tongue on my beeswax boots keeps slipping in front of my jeans so it sticks out. Its doesnt really matter but i think it looks better inside the pants. Has anyone had this? Anyone know a solution?

Stop wearing Justin Bieber jeans
post #6764 of 6880
My jeans aren't that tight, I usually wear levis 511s. They leg opening is 7 inches measured flat. The tongue will sit underneath when Im walking but will pop out whenever I sit down. Could it be that the boots tongues were cut oddly high? They sit almost an inch higher than the rest of the boot which seems alot more than the picture of clarks that i've seen.
post #6765 of 6880
My APC has 7 inch openings too but I never have that problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots