Then what kind of construction is used in the shoes? I'm assuming they're not glued because of the visible stitching.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 440
Styleforum Top Picks
I recently bought some Clarks Bushacres from Amazon. I bought them in the same size as my old CDBs and that was a mistake, Bushacres do not run nearly as large as CDBs, so I exchanged them for my correct size.
The new ones arrived today and I'm not sure if I'm happy with them. Here are two photos I took:
http://imgur.com/gvmrWUF,gaIAB3O#1 The white material is supposed to run in a line around the base of the shoe. On the inner part of the left shoe, there isn't any.
http://imgur.com/gvmrWUF,gaIAB3O#0 A thin line of sticky glue had dribbled onto the side of this shoe. I pulled the glue up, which left a line with uncolored leather underneath. I'm pretty sure I can fix this by rubbing the nearby material and smoothing it over, since it's such a thin line.
It's mostly the missing white material that I care about. Would you bother to return these or just keep them? If it was from a local store it would be an easy fix, but I'd have to re-order from Amazon and send these back. It doesn't cost anything, but I'd have to bother with returning them and placing a new order and waiting a week etc., all just for part of a white line.... still, I like my brand new products to look new and not have flaws in them.
I know this is pretty unimportant but I'd appreciate some input on what you would do if you received these. Thanks.
Thoughts on the new Horween models? http://www.onlineshoes.com/Mens-clarks-desert-boot-burgundy-horween-leather-p_id303411?adtrack=tpart
On the one hand, the fact that they're actually making them out of reasonably decent leather now (optionally) has me considering buying a pair. On the other hand, they come only in green and purple.
Does anybody have Clarks DB "Brown Nubuck" (#70281) or "Smokey Brown" (#67053)?
Would love to buy ones. I doubt I can get new ones but will appreciate any help!
- Clarks Desert Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 11 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 16 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 19 minutes ago
- › Staple solid blue Marks and Spencer Sartorial suit in 40R/42R 24 minutes ago
- › The Only Still Living Men's Fashion Icon? 26 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories