Then what kind of construction is used in the shoes? I'm assuming they're not glued because of the visible stitching.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 440
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6587 of 69769/9/13 at 10:29pmpost #6588 of 69769/9/13 at 11:27pmpost #6589 of 69769/10/13 at 1:07ampost #6590 of 69769/10/13 at 8:04pmpost #6591 of 69769/10/13 at 9:36pmpost #6592 of 69769/11/13 at 4:36ampost #6593 of 69769/14/13 at 10:52pmpost #6594 of 69769/15/13 at 6:33ampost #6595 of 69769/15/13 at 4:04pmpost #6596 of 69769/18/13 at 4:04pm
I recently bought some Clarks Bushacres from Amazon. I bought them in the same size as my old CDBs and that was a mistake, Bushacres do not run nearly as large as CDBs, so I exchanged them for my correct size.
The new ones arrived today and I'm not sure if I'm happy with them. Here are two photos I took:
http://imgur.com/gvmrWUF,gaIAB3O#1 The white material is supposed to run in a line around the base of the shoe. On the inner part of the left shoe, there isn't any.
http://imgur.com/gvmrWUF,gaIAB3O#0 A thin line of sticky glue had dribbled onto the side of this shoe. I pulled the glue up, which left a line with uncolored leather underneath. I'm pretty sure I can fix this by rubbing the nearby material and smoothing it over, since it's such a thin line.
It's mostly the missing white material that I care about. Would you bother to return these or just keep them? If it was from a local store it would be an easy fix, but I'd have to re-order from Amazon and send these back. It doesn't cost anything, but I'd have to bother with returning them and placing a new order and waiting a week etc., all just for part of a white line.... still, I like my brand new products to look new and not have flaws in them.
I know this is pretty unimportant but I'd appreciate some input on what you would do if you received these. Thanks.post #6597 of 69769/19/13 at 9:25ampost #6598 of 69769/27/13 at 3:02pm
Thoughts on the new Horween models? http://www.onlineshoes.com/Mens-clarks-desert-boot-burgundy-horween-leather-p_id303411?adtrack=tpart
On the one hand, the fact that they're actually making them out of reasonably decent leather now (optionally) has me considering buying a pair. On the other hand, they come only in green and purple.post #6599 of 69769/27/13 at 8:08pmI think the burgundy looks too shiny and formal for how casual clarks are. I think the beeswax looks better, and besides, the soles wear out before the leather does. And its not really worth resoling. The leather quality might not be that good on the beeswax ones, but they do age nicely.post #6600 of 69769/29/13 at 6:08am
Does anybody have Clarks DB "Brown Nubuck" (#70281) or "Smokey Brown" (#67053)?
Would love to buy ones. I doubt I can get new ones but will appreciate any help!
- Clarks Desert Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?