Then what kind of construction is used in the shoes? I'm assuming they're not glued because of the visible stitching.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 440post #6587 of 69889/9/13 at 10:29pmpost #6588 of 69889/9/13 at 11:27pmpost #6589 of 69889/10/13 at 1:07ampost #6590 of 69889/10/13 at 8:04pmpost #6591 of 69889/10/13 at 9:36pmpost #6592 of 69889/11/13 at 4:36ampost #6593 of 69889/14/13 at 10:52pmpost #6594 of 69889/15/13 at 6:33ampost #6595 of 69889/15/13 at 4:04pmpost #6596 of 69889/18/13 at 4:04pm
I recently bought some Clarks Bushacres from Amazon. I bought them in the same size as my old CDBs and that was a mistake, Bushacres do not run nearly as large as CDBs, so I exchanged them for my correct size.
The new ones arrived today and I'm not sure if I'm happy with them. Here are two photos I took:
http://imgur.com/gvmrWUF,gaIAB3O#1 The white material is supposed to run in a line around the base of the shoe. On the inner part of the left shoe, there isn't any.
http://imgur.com/gvmrWUF,gaIAB3O#0 A thin line of sticky glue had dribbled onto the side of this shoe. I pulled the glue up, which left a line with uncolored leather underneath. I'm pretty sure I can fix this by rubbing the nearby material and smoothing it over, since it's such a thin line.
It's mostly the missing white material that I care about. Would you bother to return these or just keep them? If it was from a local store it would be an easy fix, but I'd have to re-order from Amazon and send these back. It doesn't cost anything, but I'd have to bother with returning them and placing a new order and waiting a week etc., all just for part of a white line.... still, I like my brand new products to look new and not have flaws in them.
I know this is pretty unimportant but I'd appreciate some input on what you would do if you received these. Thanks.post #6597 of 69889/19/13 at 9:25ampost #6598 of 69889/27/13 at 3:02pm
Thoughts on the new Horween models? http://www.onlineshoes.com/Mens-clarks-desert-boot-burgundy-horween-leather-p_id303411?adtrack=tpart
On the one hand, the fact that they're actually making them out of reasonably decent leather now (optionally) has me considering buying a pair. On the other hand, they come only in green and purple.post #6599 of 69889/27/13 at 8:08pmI think the burgundy looks too shiny and formal for how casual clarks are. I think the beeswax looks better, and besides, the soles wear out before the leather does. And its not really worth resoling. The leather quality might not be that good on the beeswax ones, but they do age nicely.post #6600 of 69889/29/13 at 6:08am
Does anybody have Clarks DB "Brown Nubuck" (#70281) or "Smokey Brown" (#67053)?
Would love to buy ones. I doubt I can get new ones but will appreciate any help!
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...