Oh okay huh, that is quite strange. Thank you for the help!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 437
Styleforum Top Picks
Oh wow. My boots like exactly like your before, and I want them to look exactly like your after. Can you tell me what kind of beeswax you used?
On the right are a pair of beeswax I ordered in August of last year, and on the left are a pair that I just received (ordered another pair because the old pair is slightly too big). They were both shipped and sold from Amazon.
Here are their boxes, too, which have the same style code and "beeswax" label (left = received today, right = pair from a year ago):
Here's the image that Amazon is still using to advertise them:
I ordered a pair from Zappos, too, and they're the same darker brown. They advertise them closer to what they are, though:
So is it just impossible to get another pair in the same shade of brown like my older ones?
Unless I got lucky and found some in a store or something.
If you had a "before wear" picture of your older ones, I'm pretty sure they'd look exactly like your new ones. My Desert Boots looked like your brand new ones to begin with, and they lighten to the ones on the right. Hence my exchange up above - I want to get them back to that darker color :)
edit: Could very well be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me.
yes i sent in a request today. got an email response saying i should have something within 2 weeks.
I have been looking at a casual shoe to purchase and have come to the conclusion that Clarks Desert Boots are the most versatile choice. Just not sure what colour to get and it basically came down to these two
Sand Suede or Beeswax Leather?
I can get Sand Suede in Australia now for $75 but I will have to wait until the end of the year to get the Beeswax for a reasonable price.
Regardless, if I only had one desert boot which one should I start with? (or should I get both, i.e. get the Sand now and the Beeswax later?)
I've had a pair of sued desert boots for a while and just got the beeswax CDB last week. I can already tell the beeswax will be used 80% more than the suede shoes. I like the way the smooth leather will age and show different tones in it. The smooth leather is also way more durable and you can treat/condition it with beeswax or mink oil. No more concerns about rain or stepping in things; the most you will need for cleaning is a damp cloth or a brush.
- Clarks Desert Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 20 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 46 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors 6 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories