Oh okay huh, that is quite strange. Thank you for the help!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 437post #6542 of 69916/16/13 at 3:09pmpost #6543 of 69916/16/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
Oh wow. My boots like exactly like your before, and I want them to look exactly like your after. Can you tell me what kind of beeswax you used?post #6544 of 69916/24/13 at 5:34ampost #6545 of 69916/27/13 at 7:50pmSo does Clarks not make their beeswax in a lighter brown color anymore?
On the right are a pair of beeswax I ordered in August of last year, and on the left are a pair that I just received (ordered another pair because the old pair is slightly too big). They were both shipped and sold from Amazon.
Here are their boxes, too, which have the same style code and "beeswax" label (left = received today, right = pair from a year ago):
Here's the image that Amazon is still using to advertise them:
I ordered a pair from Zappos, too, and they're the same darker brown. They advertise them closer to what they are, though:
So is it just impossible to get another pair in the same shade of brown like my older ones?
Unless I got lucky and found some in a store or something.post #6546 of 69916/28/13 at 5:44am
If you had a "before wear" picture of your older ones, I'm pretty sure they'd look exactly like your new ones. My Desert Boots looked like your brand new ones to begin with, and they lighten to the ones on the right. Hence my exchange up above - I want to get them back to that darker color :)
edit: Could very well be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me.post #6547 of 69916/29/13 at 3:15pmpost #6548 of 69917/1/13 at 5:44ampost #6549 of 69917/1/13 at 6:14ampost #6550 of 69917/1/13 at 11:37ampost #6551 of 69917/1/13 at 11:58amQuote:
yes i sent in a request today. got an email response saying i should have something within 2 weeks.post #6552 of 69917/1/13 at 4:21pmpost #6553 of 69917/7/13 at 2:41am
I have been looking at a casual shoe to purchase and have come to the conclusion that Clarks Desert Boots are the most versatile choice. Just not sure what colour to get and it basically came down to these two
Sand Suede or Beeswax Leather?
I can get Sand Suede in Australia now for $75 but I will have to wait until the end of the year to get the Beeswax for a reasonable price.
Regardless, if I only had one desert boot which one should I start with? (or should I get both, i.e. get the Sand now and the Beeswax later?)post #6554 of 69917/7/13 at 5:58amNot talking from experience, I hear Beeswax is more durable and is the most versatile in a sense than Sand Suede. Not sure how they would go in winter weather, especially if you decide to wear it in the rain, it may get those wet spots. People will definitely recommend Beeswax over Suede most of the time, I was in the same position, but I needed shoes at the time and decided just to buy brown suede for its price as it may be harder to get in the future for that price. It's common for people to have two pairs of CDBs (I think), both Suede and Beeswax, however I know about others that bought suede at the time and bought beeswax later when it was on sale and ended up regretting buying the suede as they wore the beeswax a lot more, just because it worked with most of what they wore. If you can see yourself wearing those sand suede with a lot of your clothes and (hopefully) not wearing them in outside Melbourne weather too much, it may be better to buy those first, and you can message me when you find the beeswax CDBs on sale :) Who knows, maybe you'll thank yourself in Spring/Summer for buying the Sand Suede.post #6555 of 69917/7/13 at 7:34am
I've had a pair of sued desert boots for a while and just got the beeswax CDB last week. I can already tell the beeswax will be used 80% more than the suede shoes. I like the way the smooth leather will age and show different tones in it. The smooth leather is also way more durable and you can treat/condition it with beeswax or mink oil. No more concerns about rain or stepping in things; the most you will need for cleaning is a damp cloth or a brush.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Cesare Attolini gray wool pants EU50 - staple in mint condition 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 6 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...