Oh okay huh, that is quite strange. Thank you for the help!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Yesterday at 6:38 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 437
Styleforum Top Picks
Oh wow. My boots like exactly like your before, and I want them to look exactly like your after. Can you tell me what kind of beeswax you used?
On the right are a pair of beeswax I ordered in August of last year, and on the left are a pair that I just received (ordered another pair because the old pair is slightly too big). They were both shipped and sold from Amazon.
Here are their boxes, too, which have the same style code and "beeswax" label (left = received today, right = pair from a year ago):
Here's the image that Amazon is still using to advertise them:
I ordered a pair from Zappos, too, and they're the same darker brown. They advertise them closer to what they are, though:
So is it just impossible to get another pair in the same shade of brown like my older ones?
Unless I got lucky and found some in a store or something.
If you had a "before wear" picture of your older ones, I'm pretty sure they'd look exactly like your new ones. My Desert Boots looked like your brand new ones to begin with, and they lighten to the ones on the right. Hence my exchange up above - I want to get them back to that darker color :)
edit: Could very well be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me.
yes i sent in a request today. got an email response saying i should have something within 2 weeks.
I have been looking at a casual shoe to purchase and have come to the conclusion that Clarks Desert Boots are the most versatile choice. Just not sure what colour to get and it basically came down to these two
Sand Suede or Beeswax Leather?
I can get Sand Suede in Australia now for $75 but I will have to wait until the end of the year to get the Beeswax for a reasonable price.
Regardless, if I only had one desert boot which one should I start with? (or should I get both, i.e. get the Sand now and the Beeswax later?)
I've had a pair of sued desert boots for a while and just got the beeswax CDB last week. I can already tell the beeswax will be used 80% more than the suede shoes. I like the way the smooth leather will age and show different tones in it. The smooth leather is also way more durable and you can treat/condition it with beeswax or mink oil. No more concerns about rain or stepping in things; the most you will need for cleaning is a damp cloth or a brush.
- Clarks Desert Boots
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 30 seconds ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 15 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 24 minutes ago
- › Visvim FBT Lhamo-Folk in Black 24 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 34 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 37 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015