Oh okay huh, that is quite strange. Thank you for the help!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 437
Styleforum Top Picks
Oh wow. My boots like exactly like your before, and I want them to look exactly like your after. Can you tell me what kind of beeswax you used?
On the right are a pair of beeswax I ordered in August of last year, and on the left are a pair that I just received (ordered another pair because the old pair is slightly too big). They were both shipped and sold from Amazon.
Here are their boxes, too, which have the same style code and "beeswax" label (left = received today, right = pair from a year ago):
Here's the image that Amazon is still using to advertise them:
I ordered a pair from Zappos, too, and they're the same darker brown. They advertise them closer to what they are, though:
So is it just impossible to get another pair in the same shade of brown like my older ones?
Unless I got lucky and found some in a store or something.
If you had a "before wear" picture of your older ones, I'm pretty sure they'd look exactly like your new ones. My Desert Boots looked like your brand new ones to begin with, and they lighten to the ones on the right. Hence my exchange up above - I want to get them back to that darker color :)
edit: Could very well be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me.
yes i sent in a request today. got an email response saying i should have something within 2 weeks.
I have been looking at a casual shoe to purchase and have come to the conclusion that Clarks Desert Boots are the most versatile choice. Just not sure what colour to get and it basically came down to these two
Sand Suede or Beeswax Leather?
I can get Sand Suede in Australia now for $75 but I will have to wait until the end of the year to get the Beeswax for a reasonable price.
Regardless, if I only had one desert boot which one should I start with? (or should I get both, i.e. get the Sand now and the Beeswax later?)
I've had a pair of sued desert boots for a while and just got the beeswax CDB last week. I can already tell the beeswax will be used 80% more than the suede shoes. I like the way the smooth leather will age and show different tones in it. The smooth leather is also way more durable and you can treat/condition it with beeswax or mink oil. No more concerns about rain or stepping in things; the most you will need for cleaning is a damp cloth or a brush.
- Clarks Desert Boots
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 17 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help me up my wardrobe! 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › RALPH LAUREN Black Label 15 Dress Shirt French Cuffs 3 minutes ago
- › HANS JOACHIM VAUK black loafers in deerskin EU 42.5 / UK 8.5 3 minutes ago
- › FS StC Saint Crispin's Model 542 Brown Inca Grain Shoes 6.5F 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...